• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Hypertrooper said:
Can anyone tell me the story from this guy? Why does he hate HaloGAF now?

Trounce said:
edit: How can people who are so passionate about Halo willfully stick their head in the ground whenever I try and offer serious advice? That shot may have been lucky but it was not random. Go ahead and keep getting mad at this game while I continue dominating kids because I learned to adapt instead of crying on a forum day in and day out. jesus.

xxjuicesxx said:
Wasn't this the kid all talking about how he had Adaption and just donged on kids all day in Reach?

Untitled-16.png

Hopefully hes just trolling, nobody throws their xbox out a window, right?

Plywood said:
Must've been this game that made him quit. Those two guys that beat him, those gamertags sure are familiar...

Devolution said:
He didn't twitch hard enough that game he faced Xeno in.

Booties said:

There's your wrap up.

TrounceX said:
LOL

I wasn't actually that angry until my Reach disk refused to snap in half.

Fucking thing. Had to show some inanimate object who was boss and the xbox was looking at me funny.

Anyways I'm out HaloGAF. Glad I was able to amuse some people. Much <3. You will all never be as good as me!!

2pnX3.png

^^LOL at Booties' post.

Zeouterlimits said:
Some people aren't worth wasting your breath upon.
----------------------------------------------------------
So who in HaloGAF is playing with the worst connection?
I know right?

Connection relative to what host?

Hydranockz said:
Connection relative to what host?
The nearest test point on Speedtest.

3MB Parental web (all of Halo 3's existence) -> 15MB Own Apartment (during Reach's launch, till December) -> 1MB Girlfriends choice of Apartment (till Summer) -> 1MB Parental web (all summer).
And now my gf wants to go back to that apartment complex. :-/

Havok

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm thinking about playing Big Team Battle later, but I don't know what maps to play on.

What maps should I vote for, and what should I avoid like the plague?

:^)
The correct list:

Hemorrhage Neutral Bomb with a great team is the best experience in the playlist.

Abridged is the least offensive of the community maps, but it's not good. Too big for it's own good, a nightmarish middle section built for campers (complete with hammer, sword, sniper, and focus rifle). Also has the garbage rocket 'hog.

Avoid Wayont and Trident unless you're in a full party. Awful base design on both.

Lam Lam is a map entirely unsuited to the playlist and has almost every power weapon on the map on it. Garbage.

Avoid Boardwalk at all costs. What a clusterfuck, especially on Bomb and Flag.

Spire and Boneyard show up mostly for Snipers. Kill it with fire.

Almost forgot Renegade. One of the worst maps in the history of video games.

Also almost forgot Utopie. It's Paradiso. Isn't that bad enough?

Devolution said:
There's your wrap up.
Merci, Madame.

Zeouterlimits said:
Some people aren't worth wasting your breath upon.
----------------------------------------------------------
So who in HaloGAF is playing with the worst connection?
I think, I have the worstest connection at HaloGAF. Download ~150kbps lol. Yeah I know. It is always my fault :/ Upload should be <50.

JB1981

Playing ODST for the first time and maybe it is low expectations but so far this is my favorite Halo game. I love the ground-level experience and the open world design. The game is more personal than previous Halos and I feel the combat while more restricted is more immediate because of player vulnerability. The music is wonderful as well. What a great mood and atmosphere. I just hope it doesn't end too fast !

Havok said:
The correct list:

Hemorrhage Neutral Bomb with a great team is the best experience in the playlist.

Abridged is the least offensive of the community maps, but it's not good. Too big for it's own good, a nightmarish middle section built for campers (complete with hammer, sword, sniper, and focus rifle). Also has the garbage rocket 'hog.

Avoid Wayont and Trident unless you're in a full party. Awful base design on both.

Lam Lam is a map entirely unsuited to the playlist and has almost every power weapon on the map on it. Garbage.

Avoid Boardwalk at all costs. What a clusterfuck, especially on Bomb and Flag.

Spire and Boneyard show up mostly for Snipers. Kill it with fire.

Forgot about boardwalk and hemorrage
Hemorrage is bad*, come on. Neutral bomb always end-up in unlimited slayer with snipers camping behind bushes/rocks/whatever. And you know how deadly they can be against both pedestrians (lol) and vehicles. I always feel distressed when walking out in the open on that map. Dear god what an awful feeling it is.

Do not agree on the rocket-hog on abriged either. Falcon vs. Rocket-hog can quite fun on that map. You just need an awesome driver like me :^

*I don't even get why they recreated the original bloodgulch bases only in half :/ WHY?!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
TrounceX said:
LOL

I wasn't actually that angry until my Reach disk refused to snap in half.

http://i54.tinypic.com/28tb9qe.jpg

Fucking thing. Had to show some inanimate object who was boss and the xbox was looking at me funny.

Anyways I'm out HaloGAF. Glad I was able to amuse some people. Much <3. You will all never be as good as me!!
Dude, I respect that you're taking control of your life and fighting your addictions, but come on! At least sell the game off to some kid on Craigslist.

Havok

i nerini del buio said:
Forgot about boardwalk and hemorrage
Hemorrage is bad, come on. Neutral bomb always end-up in unlimited slayer with snipers camping behind bushes/rocks/whatever. And you know how deadly they can be against both pedestrians (lol) and vehicles. I always feel distressed when walking out in the open on that map. Dear god what an awful feeling it is.

Do not agree on the rocket-hog on abriged either. Falcon vs. Rocket-hog can quite fun on that map. You just need an awesome driver like me :^
*I don't even get why they recreated the original bloodgulch bases only in half :/ WHY?!
If you have a good team, Hemorrhage is a wonderful experience with great vehicle rushes that just don't happen anywhere else in the game, and yeah, the sniper broke vehicle combat and that sucks, but if you've got a good sniper it negates all that.

The Rocket Hog is a terrible vehicle, even the Halo PC Rocket Hog was better. It's totally useless on infantry and even other ground vehicles. The Falcon is a nonissue given that both of them get Plasma Launcher'd ten seconds into each game. Abridged is not good, period.

Those are the exact Blood Gulch bases. The Coagulation bases were better, and should have been included for sure.

Also, to anyone even considering Big Team, if you come up against a full team with two or more Forerunners or Inheritors, just quit; they're trying to pad their stats by spawn camping, which is ridiculously easy on Forge World maps.

Tunavi

Banned
Devolution said:
Anyway a bunch of you who don't have totalled xboxes and or an unbent disc better be on after I have dinner.
count me in, outside lands kept we away from halo all weekend

edit: nvm can't play halo anymore, I had a bad game on friday

Havok said:
Those are the exact Blood Gulch bases. The Coagulation bases were better, and should have been included for sure.
Really? Didn't know that °O° Never played halo:ce multiplayer.
I did a Hemorrage redesign some time ago, but there's not enough friends still playing Reach to test it properly :/ It could be such an awesome map with just a few fixes it makes me sad. Obviously you have to take out the sniper, at least until 343 fixes it. As of now it breaks both vehicles and weapon sandbox. What an awful weapon.

Havok

i nerini del buio said:
Really? Didn't know that °O° Never played halo:ce multiplayer.
I did a Hemorrage redesign some time ago, but there's not enough friends still playing Reach to test it properly :/ It could be such an awesome map with just a few fixes it makes me sad. Obviously you have to take out the sniper, at least until 343 fixes it. As of now it breaks both vehicles and weapon sandbox. What an awful weapon.
As far as being a remake of Coag, which is what they said they pulled the geometry from, it's not accurate at all. The teleporter exits are in the wrong place, the rocks around blue teleporter exit are far too sparse (Coag had a crazy rock garden that protected you from snipers very efficiently), and the Blood Gulch bases just don't work with Reach's grenades and shotgun. It really is a shadow of its former self, but that I enjoy it more than the rest of the maps in the playlist says a lot about the quality of those other maps. Also, just looking at a few of your past games, are you going in with just two or three people? That's a recipe for disaster. Hemo plays so much better when you have 5+ people in a party.

Booshka

omg.kittens said:
Dude, I respect that you're taking control of your life and fighting your addictions, but come on! At least sell the game off to some kid on Craigslist.
I had a friend that did that for Halo 2 and his Xbox. He was addicted and gaming on Halo 2 all the time probably ~50 hours a week. He couldn't just monitor his game time and play less, or play other games, he just had to quit cold turkey. At least he had the sense to sell all his stuff instead of rage and break it all.

I have noticed this kind of tendency with a few Halo players in my history as a XBL gamer, a lot of them only play Halo, they slowly become disenfranchised with gaming as a whole when they get addicted to it. They don't even really care about video games, they just play Halo all day and use it as their social life as well. Then all the sudden it hits them and they have those two responses, rage and break it all, or sell it all away.

TrounceX was just another casualty.

I know it isn't only Halo that people have these kind of problems with, people do the same shit with every addicting online MP game, CoD, WoW, what have you. I just know of specific examples in Halo because that has been the game I spent a lot of time playing, or had friends that did.

Karl2177

Alright, screw it. Setting up the Xbox, having dinner, and delivering some donging. I'm not going in alone though. I ragequit last time I did that.

feel

Is anyone keeping track of the shapes of the steaks? And every detail of the packaging? There's gotta Destiny clues in there!!

anyways, YUM!

Zoolader said:
Thank you man that is SO MUCH BETTER! I can just use one hand now to browse neogaf on my Iphone, and use my other hand for whatever!
*takes halogaf album offline*

Sai-kun said:
Friends list is handy, updating!

v you got it

RunWhiteBoyRun said:
Per request:
I don't know the context, but now I'm hungry! Damn you.

GhaleonEB said:
Wow.

First Amir0x then Trounce has a meltdown. What's going on today?
Other question: Who's next? =(
I'll surpass your post count in this thread!

Letters said:
*takes halogaf album offline*
Btw. Could you update my photo in this non-existent album?

Havok said:
just looking at a few of your past games, are you going in with just two or three people? That's a recipe for disaster. Hemo plays so much better when you have 5+ people in a party.
yep.
Me and a friend. Sometimes two friends.
Usually having a warthog or a falcon is enough for us to have a good time since I'm very good at driving the things and enjoy doing it, and my friends easily rack-up a healthy amount of kills so they enjoy themselves too. From time to time it can be a very infuriating map though, especially when someone starts camping with the sniper :/ teammates quit and you end up being spawn camped for minutes and minutes.

Deputy Moonman said:
Better hope we never meet in a dark alley! I might call you a noob and then run away.

WHY?! °O°

Merguson

Banned
Letters said:
Is anyone keeping track of the shapes of the steaks? And every detail of the packaging? There's gotta Destiny clues in there!!

Well, the steak isn't unique at all. It comes from a company which, I presume, deliver steaks to customers. Not much care went into this steak as it joins a sea of steaks who attempt to somehow beat the highest quality steak ever but it just can't.

Which leads to my conclusion.

Bungie is making a WoW clone.

PNut

Banned
I might be late but I just ran around on a version of The Pit MLG is considering adding to the rotation. Pretty impressive. Whoever forged it did a great job adding some color. Frame rate seemed solid too. Any one else tried it out?

PNut said:
I might be late but I just ran around on a version of The Pit MLG is considering adding to the rotation. Pretty impressive. Whoever forged it did a great job adding some color. Frame rate seemed solid too. Any one else tried it out?
Got any screenshots of it I can see? You've got me curious.

Zeouterlimits said:
God, I guess going straight from working out to playing is a bad idea as I had an absolutely horrible night.
So frustrating, it's kind of ridiculous.

Should have gone to Halo Wheypoint first

Badumtis

feel

new iphone stuff:

springboard/lockscreen wallpapers
2ivk5lg.jpg

Bungie messaging (with push notifications, I think)
2mgozcy.jpg

2588qhl.jpg

XBL friends list
2a4snev.jpg

Top Bottom