• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Zoolader

Devolution said:
That's because the site doesn't have a mobile version. Simple explanation, the pixel width/height on a phone is different (obviously) and if you want a site to actually look decent and readable on a phone, you have to create a separate stylesheet for the phone/mobile version. Usually said stylesheet makes stuff smaller, omits certain things and even realigns stuff for better phone usage. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the ap basically shows what GAF would look like with a proper mobile stylesheet.

Yup browsing gaf on my iphone is easy now, that app posted above solved all my issues!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How do you check thread post numbers again? I've been on GAF five years, and I still can't remember.

Edit: Cool, thanks RickenSlacker.

Tawpgun

What's up with this machinima contest. I have a SLIGHT chance of going to PAX if the 5 finalists are determined and announced. But as PAX comes closer my chances go down hard.

Tunavi

Banned
"our tunavi" I'm not a pet lol

You know how they hinted customizable weapons in the halo 4 trailer? It would be cool to customize your gun and only a powerup on the map activated your weapon perks.

What I dont want to see is customizable weapons/perks on spawn, like loadouts now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tunavi said:
"our tunavi" I'm not a pet lol

You know how they hinted customizable weapons in the halo 4 trailer? It would be cool to customize your gun and only a powerup on the map activated your weapon perks.

What I dont want to see is customizable weapons/perks on spawn, like loadouts now.

They didn't.

didn't Frankie (?) say it was a nade launcher?
Power-ups on the battlefield activating some perks/weapon attachments would be cool °O°
ps. I want the trip-mine back in halo4

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
I have it but never played it. I won't be around for a few days though.

The hell are you doing? Send me a text when you want to Gears it up. I'll buy it tomorrow.

Totally forgot about that old post too. Dax is good people.

Steelyuhas said:
I don't get it...:(

I still have no idea how to check post count in a thread.
Look at your screen. Find the word "Community" and click on it, it's on a tab next to "Gaming" and "Off-Topic".

On the next screen look for the word "Replies", it's right between "Last Post" and "Views". Now go down that column until you find the row for Halo: Reach OT 5. Click on the number there, it should be 11,914 (or higher, if someone else posts after me).

Or just click this link.

ncsuDuncan said:
Look at your screen. Find the word "Community" and click on it, it's on a tab next to "Gaming" and "Off-Topic".

On the next screen look for the word "Replies", it's right between "Last Post" and "Views". Now go down that column until you find the row for Halo: Reach OT 5. Click on the number there, it should be 11,914 (or higher, if someone else posts after me).

Or just click this link.

Aye thanks. The reason I couldn't find it is I always go to the thread form the subscriptions page.

Sai-kun said:
Yep. It's new today I believe.

TrounceX

Hey HaloGAF this is kind of off topic but this is the only place i ever post and I can't make threads.

Anyways, just called into MS customer support to cancel my XBL membership. The account was set to renew on the 16th (tomorrow). Apparently, MS operates on GMT time and it was 10 minutes after midnight over there when I called, so the 16th for them. Therefore I'm getting charged for next months membership as well.

Someone please agree with me this is complete bullshit. GMT time wtf I don't even know what that is but it is not past midnight anywhere in the United States right now.

You guys think if I call back and talk to a supervisor I have a legitimate case?

Ken

TrounceX said:
Anyways, just called into MS customer support to cancel my XBL membership. The account was set to renew on the 16th (tomorrow). Apparently, MS operates on GMT time and it was 10 minutes after midnight over there when I called, so the 16th for them. Therefore I'm getting charged for next months membership as well.

Why'd you wait until the day before your membership expired to cancel?

TrounceX said:
Hey HaloGAF this is kind of off topic but this is the only place i ever post and I can't make threads.

Someone please agree with me this is complete bullshit. GMT time wtf I don't even know what that is but it is not past midnight anywhere in the United States right now.

You guys think if I call back and talk to a supervisor I have a legitimate case?

One time my account automatically renewed and I had already bought a 12 month card for cheaper, so I called them up and they reversed the charge on my card. It had already been renewed for a few days as well. So, yes call again, you should be able to get that charge reversed.

TrounceX

Ken said:
Why'd you wait until the day before your membership expired to cancel?

Because last night I threw my Xbox out the window and vowed never to touch it again. It just so happens the renewal date was tomorrow.

Steelyuhas said:
One time my account automatically renewed and I had already bought a 12 month card for cheaper, so I called them up and they reversed the charge on my card. It had already been renewed for a few days as well. So, yes call again, you should be able to get that charge reversed.

Ok, that makes me feel better. I'll call them back. Should have just stayed on the line but I was in shock at how ludicrous the situation was and couldn't come up with the words on the spot. I feel stupid.

Just seems so ridiculous that they would be operating on such an arbitrary timezone.

TrounceX said:

Surprised you're in here right now dude.

I'm thinking about playing Big Team Battle later, but I don't know what maps to play on.

What maps should I vote for, and what should I avoid like the plague?

:^)

TrounceX

i nerini del buio said:
go back a few pages lol

lol I kind of feel honored that someone would take the time to post a screenshot of my message to all friends.

It wasn't that game either. That game was pistol start on reflection and I didn't want anything to do with it.

Devolution said:
Surprised you're in here right now dude.

Are you still mad that I liked the bloom?

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm thinking about playing Big Team Battle later, but I don't know what maps to play on.

Maps that will be available for you to play:
Forge world

That's it

TrounceX said:

You can control bloom, but not your own anger lol

TrounceX said:

Yea I'd call back, if they don't agree you can probably just toss your phone out the window.

Tashi0106 said:
http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii

Hot MLG on MLG action. Refining skills for Raleigh

Meh its no FF but I'll try it out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
cheatingalien.jpg

I'm cool, it's all you Americans that have the problem. =P

TrounceX said:

No, just amused at your attitude. I thought you were having fun donging kids all day while we complainin' bro, what happened?

cheatingalien.jpg

I very rarely assume anyone is cheating anymore. Lag and melees not connecting. Par for the course that has nothing to do with cheatin'.

Hitmonchan107 said:

seriously?

Trident is the best map and it's good for both slayer and obj.gametypes (I find territories especially fun)

Wayont is good for slayer. Obj.gametypes always end up in a stalemate because of how bases are designed. There are no snipers on the map though, which is soooo good. Hop on a warthog and have fun.

Renegade is crap.

Utopie is basically Paradiso with one sniper and one Banshee. Yep, I'm not kidding.

Abriged is ok for obj.gametypes. There's two falcons on the map, one for each base, but there's two rocket launchers and two plasma launchers too, so they don't use to stay in the air for much time lol. Taking down the enemy falcons (and all the other vehicles) with the plasma launcher can be quite entertaining though XD

Spire... you know it
Bonecrap... you know it

Forget the dlc maps. You are not going to see them, ever.

edit_ there's Mt.Lam Lam too, which is ok for ctf.

i nerini del buio said:
seriously?

Trident is the best map and it's good for both slayer and obj.gametypes (I find territories especially fun)

Wayont is good for slayer. Obj.gametypes always end up in a stalemate because of how bases are designed. There's no snipers on the map though, which is soooo good. Hop on a warthog and have fun.

Renegade is crap.

Utopie is basically Paradiso with one sniper and one Banshee. Yep, I'm not kidding.

Abriged is ok for obj.gametypes. There's two falcons on the map, one for each base, but there's two rocket launchers and two plasma launchers too, so they don't use to stay in the air for much time lol. Taking down the enemy falcons (and all the other vehicles) with the plasma launcher can be quite entertaining though XD

Spire... you know it
Bonecrap... you know it

Forget the dlc maps. You are not going to see them, ever.

Thanks. I can't find a list of current BTB matchmaking maps, so I was hoping someone would refresh my memory.

TrounceX

Steelyuhas said:
You can control bloom, but not your own anger lol

LOL

I wasn't actually that angry until my Reach disk refused to snap in half.

28tb9qe.jpg

Fucking thing. Had to show some inanimate object who was boss and the xbox was looking at me funny.

Anyways I'm out HaloGAF. Glad I was able to amuse some people. Much <3. You will all never be as good as me!!

TrounceX said:
Fucking thing. Had to show some inanimate object who was boss and the xbox was looking at me funny.

Anyways I'm out HaloGAF. Glad I was able to amuse some people. Much <3. You will all never be as good as me!!

Oh we're already better. We didn't have to break our discs to try to prove a point.

TrounceX said:
LOL

Can anyone tell me the story from this guy? Why does he hate HaloGAF now?

TrounceX said:
LOL

http://i54.tinypic.com/28tb9qe.jpg[IMG]

Anyways I'm out HaloGAF. Glad I was able to amuse some people. Much <3. You will all never be as good as me!![/QUOTE]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/whatthefuckxqe3.gif

Dani said:
Wayont has less frames than a SpecSaver 99% discount sale.

lol you're right, the whole base section is so badly designed...
I guess taking out the lights would solve most of the framerate issues.
They should completely remove the rocks too.

The middle part of the map is good though. It reminds me a lot of Standoff and driving through it with the warthog is very fun, imo.

oh btw, take this warthog haters!

11rehr6.jpg

Hypertrooper said:
Can anyone tell me the story from this guy? Why does he hate HaloGAF now?
He posted something some peeps here didn't agree with. They shat on him for a few pages. Juices posts pic of message he made. More shit. He posts on this page in a rather cheery manner. HaloGaf gets on their high horse.

I didn't get any hate from his posts.

Some people aren't worth wasting your breath upon.
----------------------------------------------------------
So who in HaloGAF is playing with the worst connection?

Top Bottom