• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB said:
Random late night thought:

The new settings have been described as "classic ++". As in, a suite of new game types with changes made in a variety of ways to create a game more similar to Halo games past.

The video from Friday also showed a tweaked/nerfed Armor Lock, with the grenade blast knocking a chunk off the charge meter.

I had assumed the 'classic' playlists would not feature armor abilities; they've been called out a few times as the reason for the difference in map variants in the CEA MP maps.

So...in what context will the Armor Lock nerf be deployed?

Maybe they are actually "fixing" some aspects of the Reach sandbox afterall. There's no denying that some things need tweaking.

Armour Lock
Banshee
Grenade Power

Maybe these will be universal changes from the get go?

GhaleonEB

Sikamikanico said:
Maybe they are actually "fixing" some aspects of the Reach sandbox afterall. There's no denying that some things need tweaking.

Armour Lock
Banshee
Grenade Power

Maybe these will be universal changes from the get go?
That's what I'm hoping, a set of universal balancing tweaks. Though so far Frankie and company have been clear that the changes would be confined to the 'classic' playlist. One week until we know.

Can anyone explain what happened here?

That's me getting sniped out of the Ghost. Sort of.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
That's what I'm hoping, a set of universal balancing tweaks. Though so far Frankie and company have been clear that the changes would be confined to the 'classic' playlist. One week until we know.

You're getting teleported back to your spawn when you die, which happens sometimes, but it's the second sniper shot that's confusing. It's like he sniped where you would teleport to, were you to die, and that's what killed you and teleported you back. The effect before the cause!

Tunavi

Banned
Breakpoint
2 Falcons, 2 Warthogs, 2 snipers, 1 Wraith, 1 grenade launcher, 2 rockets, 1 laser, 1 focus rifle, 2 ghosts, 1 plasma launcher. 12 players. 15 power weapons.

Tunavi said:
Breakpoint
2 Falcons, 2 Warthogs, 2 snipers, 1 Wraith, 1 grenade launcher, 2 rockets, 1 laser, 1 focus rifle, 2 ghosts, 1 plasma launcher. 12 players. 15 power weapons.

And its still boring as fuck.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:

Looks like he was sniping at you, you died, the host decided that you should instantly respawn and die, so the host networked as the killing bullet hitting your dead body instead of the ghost.

Had something similiar happen to us months ago during a really laggy host. We'd just instantly teleport somewhere else in the map when we got killed, and sometimes it'd show the bullet coming at an angle out of the responsible sniper.

Ramirez

Letters said:
If you enjoyed what he had to say then he must've been very supportive of current Reach, that coupled with him being a rude asshole means he's not that missed lol

I asked him about what you said, he said he only said he didn't consider himself a part of HaloGAF anymore, but he didn't care if you used the photo. >.>

Also, super bummed that I had to cancel my PAX plans. Oh well. :(

What happened?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
Breakpoint
Double up or bust.

Stripper13 said:
Oh my, I just had a very, very strange thing happen to me in Reach.

Armorlockhat

Used to do this in firefight to elites, basically when someone is under you AL it will mistake the player biped for geometry and AL pushes you down at the geometry thus forcing the player down and ultimately sideways. Its the wrong version of the glitch that gets you through walls and into areas you shouldnt be able to go.

Zoolader

Alright so I found a dirt cheap motel near the airport, and figured out a bus route to the convention center that should be really inexpensive. If my mums Delta employee discount on the plane ticket is good enough then I might actually be going to Halo Fest! WUT!!!

xxjuicesxx said:
And its still boring as fuck.

Agreed, I hope they up the player count to 8 v 8 in that playlist. Some maps are fine like anchor 9, but maps like highlands and breakpoint become sparse and boring especially after people quit on the other team.

xxjuicesxx said:
I was just pondering in my chat.

Is bending your Halo Reach disc in half and then throwing your Xbox out the window a double kill?
It's the medal version of the screen that comes up on the wii asking you to take a break.

krakov

Tunavi said:
Breakpoint
2 Falcons, 2 Warthogs, 2 snipers, 1 Wraith, 1 grenade launcher, 2 rockets, 1 laser, 1 focus rifle, 2 ghosts, 2 plasma launchers, 1 hammer. 12 players. 17 power weapons.

I'll raise you.

More than an hour between posts? Unacceptable!
Conans_out.gif

PooBone

wwm0nkey said:
Halo 4 directors cut trailer

Only difference is music and he throws away the pistol at the end.

I like the music in the final trailer better, much more intense and epic feeling.

Why would chief throw the weapon away? Is he about to do something with his right hand? Meh.

Also, when he comes out of cryo he doesn't say "I'm here" like a fuckin boss about to go to work.

Deputy Moonman said:
More than an hour between posts? Unacceptable!

The calm before the storm.

--
I'm looking forward to the new Sparkast early next week. If I was smart I'd save it for my 7-hour flight to Seattle on Thursday morning (8 with the layover), but I'll just end up listening to it the first chance I get. Really interested in what Jaime has to say.

--
Finished making my custom shirt for PAX. Can't post pics right now, but it's a much cleaner look than before. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

feel

Ramirez said:
I asked him about what you said, he said he only said he didn't consider himself a part of HaloGAF anymore, but he didn't care if you used the photo. >.>

What happened?
Since he can't insult me back like in the old day, I was just messing around by being harsh myself, and poking fun at Tashi's love for Reach while at it. Eazy's alright, I've said many times I'd like him back because when it came to being serious about Halo he did have good stuff to say, that xbl message (even though it wasn't as polite as what he told you) meant nothing he just tried to type it in way that didn't come across too soft or un-Eazy. Tashi sucks though!! :)

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone wanna play? I'll be playing Firefight but can play anything.
And this is probably about the worst time to ask anyone to play...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
Since he can't insult me back like in the old day, I was just messing around by being harsh myself, and poking fun at Tashi's love for Reach while at it. Eazy's alright, I've said many times I'd like him back because when it came to being serious about Halo he did have good stuff to say, that xbl message (even though it wasn't as polite as what he told you) meant nothing he just tried to type it in way that didn't come across too soft or un-Eazy. Tashi sucks though!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfvoFa4phO4

:p

feel

bahaha I love how he couldn't wait one more second for the PRESS ESC TO EXIT thing covering part of hyper's head to fade out before taking the screen and now it's on the shops

I guess that's my facial expression for "Wow". If someone can make out a gif with this text, will get a
imaginary
cookie.

And yeah X-Man was my best friend. Until he met...

I should be hopping on in about 1h 30m getting my dong on.

Ill be on from then for about 8 hours so feel free to drop a Friend request or a invite or request a invite. All HaloGAF welcome i dont discriminate, except with juices
Im just playin brah, love

GT=StalkerUKCG

PooBone

GhaleonEB said:
What are they doing there that you can't do in Halo 3/ODST/Reach? It sounds like online co-op via split screen, which the past three Halo games has supported.
I took it to mean split screen over live. You're at your house, I'm at mine, but we have a couch co-op view where i'm on top, you're on bottom. Up to four people at their own house have split screen view, except the host.

EDIT: Or did I totally misread that?

PooBone said:
I took it to mean split screen over live. You're at your house, I'm at mine, but we have a couch co-op view where i'm on top, you're on bottom. Up to four people at their own house have split screen view, except the host.

EDIT: Or did I totally misread that?
wait what? Why would you want that?

PooBone

thezerofire said:
wait what? Why would you want that?
I always liked couch co-op in Halo CE because seeing where my spartan partner was and what he was doing made us a more efficient Covenant-destroying duo of death. God we played that game co op sooooo much. We'd mix it up in as many ways as we could, we tried putting cardboard on the TV to blind you from the other person's screen, we put on headphones and tried to play without speaking. One time we fuckin used hand signals. It was eerie how in tune we became to each other's play styles. The day before Halo 2 came out we played CE on legendary (w/ Mythic rules where if you die you restart the checkpoint) and beat it in 2 and a half hours. It was ridiculous.

Top Bottom