• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Played Classic for a while today. Was waaaaay more fun than I thought. I miss good movement speeds.

Hopefully Mike Dongblain is handling all player movement design decisions for the TU.

Zeouterlimits said:
Did the redesigned ring bother anyone else apart from Flipyap and I?
No. I'm with you on that. Hopefully they've redesigned the ring (or will redesign it before release).

Also, the demo of the Terminals that was shown was incredible. Hype increased by ten fold. Who's face was that? And the woman's?

kylej

Banned
Dumping time. msg jelyk for new kids, the rest of you get online. The BK Cleansing movement officially starts tonight.

Nutter

Dax01 said:
No. I'm with you on that. Hopefully they've redesigned the ring (or will redesign it before release).

Also, the demo of the Terminals that was shown was incredible. Hype increased by ten fold. Who's face was that? And the woman's?
Where is this preview? is it on youtube yet?

Dug

Banned
I just finished watching Halo 3: Essentials Disc 1 and 2, and I must say it's a very good look into Halo/Bungie! Makes me want to go and watch the Halo: Reach legendary commentary which I never finished...

Ken

wwm0nkey said:
EDIT: Ok who here on GAF made that tag? lol

a46f3039.jpg

563px-LetsChangeTheSubject.jpg

darthbob

Dug said:
I just finished watching Halo 3: Essentials Disc 1 and 2, and I must say it's a very good look into Halo/Bungie! Makes me want to go and watch the Halo: Reach legendary commentary which I never finished...

You can catch it on Youtube IIRC, or Waypoint, which is arguably the best way to watch it.

Fascinating look, but left me feeling a bit empty. I wanted to see the development process behind Reach like we saw for Halo 2, and Halo 3, but alas...

wwm0nkey

Now do you really think I would put a monkey gamerpic in that profile if I did make it? There be some advance trolling going on here lol

EDIT: Ok the L.A Noire pic made me laugh my ass off

ElRenoRaven

Ken said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/a46f3039.jpg[IMG]
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110516174142/lanoire/images/thumb/e/e8/LetsChangeTheSubject.jpg/563px-LetsChangeTheSubject.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO. That's too funny. Well at least whoever it is they're bringing us some laughs.

Karl2177 said:
Why in hell is Pinnacle still in SWAT and Snipers? Did they fix the spawns so red team can't set up at small tower and banshee and proceed to spawn kill?

Pinnacle isn't in team snipers it was removed months ago.

Btw, Uncaged is my favourite map for Team Snipers and Atom my least. Atom really needs to go, totally broken and repetitive. Uncaged is meh for other playlists but plays with a fluency and reward for the better player not seen in much of Reach's iteration of the playlist. I will concede, however, that you can sometimes be fucked over by spawning at sniper when your opponent is staring directly at it from small tower.

Also, quick scoping is far more rewarding, sicker, and palpatation inducing than bloodlessly sitting at the back of Hemorrhage waiting 30 seconds for someone to pop into view. Not especially fun headshotting those 30 miles away who cannot see you; far more exciting having a strafing sniper duel on a small map.

Looking forward to the boosted population in the playlist this weekend.

feel

I bet it was Cuban Legend

I've seen him on Halo 2 pc, plus the monkey gamerpic...

edit- nevermind, probably not cuban since the (ww)monkey is there for another reason... brainfart

Kibbles

wwm0nkey said:
Apparently lol

Well it has to be someone else on here that owns Halo 2 Vista besides me.
Heh, I own it :) That's not me though. My laptop has an overheating problem now so it's too hard to play Halo 2 Vista anymore =( Was a blast beating the Campaign on Legendary and playing some online though back when I got it last year.

ElRenoRaven

Kibbles said:
Heh, I own it :) That's not me though. My laptop has an overheating problem now so it's too hard to play Halo 2 Vista anymore =( Was a blast beating the Campaign on Legendary and playing some online though back when I got it last year.

Ok been doing some digging.

Dongblain

Hitmochan

Notice anything?

Either this is one advanced troll or someone slipped up.

stephen08 said:
I got confirmation that my Swag Bag did in fact ship out. Did you guys get the same update?
Just checked my e-mail. Instead of a swag bag shipping confirmation, I got a refund confirmation for the T-shirt I ordered on the same day (item out of stock). If you get a Bungie Classic T-shirt - Men's Large in your bag... I'm taking you off my friends list.

Ramirez

Rule of thumb when ordering those tees, go a size higher, I can't wear any of my PAX 08 shirts anymore. I have gained about 15 pounds since then, but even if I dropped weight, after they were washed they basically became belly shirts on me. :|

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
Now do you really think I would put a monkey gamerpic in that profile if I did make it? There be some advance trolling going on here lol

^ Lie
O Doubt
X Truth

I'm going to have to ask the community on this one.

I sent Mr. Dongblain a message after we discovered the tag.

Have you looked at his bio? It says he's from Gainesville, Fla.

LMAO.

And I swear to you that he isn't me. I don't own Halo 2 Vista. I wish I did. I never got to play Halo 2 online. :^(

Edit: My guess? It's Tunavi.

ElRenoRaven

Hitmonchan107 said:
I sent Mr. Dongblain a message after we discovered the tag.

Have you looked at his bio? It says he's from Gainesville, Fla.

LMAO.

And I swear to you that he isn't me. I don't own Halo 2 PC. I wish I did. I never got to play Halo 2 online. :^(

What's the big deal about Gainesville? And what's stopping you? Sure the online is dead but if we get enough gaffers to buy it we can get gaf customs going regularly.

Oh and I totally forgot today was Friday. I almost forgot to watch Fails of the Week.

PsychoRaven said:
What's the big deal about Gainesville? And what's stopping you? Sure the online is dead but if we get enough gaffers to buy it we can get gaf customs going regularly.
It's how he spelled the state. "Fla." is AP style, which is what I use in my bio. Most people would use "FL."

So I knew he copied my bio. :lol

PsychoRaven said:
Oh ok. I didn't even know you were from Florida. So that makes sense now.
Haha! I guess that bit of info would've been handy, too.

ElRenoRaven

Hitmonchan107 said:
It's how he spelled the state. "Fla." is AP style, which is what I use in my bio. Most people would use "FL."

So I knew he copied my bio. :lol

Oh ok. I didn't even know you were from Florida. So that makes sense now. That reminds me. I so need to add more of Halogaf again. I wasn't going to go gold again but I came to my senses a bit back and only have like 3 people on my list. lol

ncsuDuncan said:
Good games, Hypertrooper, Hydranockz, ZalinKrow.

That last game was tough, our defense was nearly torn asunder.
Yep, good games. But I remember the last few gamertags from somewhere. And I'm soo sorry, that I betrayed Hydranockz and ZalinKrow. Strangely enough I splattered them always with a Warthog. Coincidence?

ElRenoRaven

Ok Halogaf I need your help. This is a strange request but I know someone can do it.

I need a picture of the Hello Kitty thing dressed up as the Arbiter stat. I'm chatting with a friend about the Hello Kitty X Street Fighter stuff and want to show him the potential of a Hello Kitty Arbiter.

PsychoRaven said:
Ok Halogaf I need your help. This is a strange request but I know someone can do it.

I need a picture of the Hello Kitty thing dressed up as the Arbiter stat. I'm chatting with a friend about the Hello Kitty X Street Fighter stuff and want to show him the potential of a Hello Kitty Arbiter.

What is wrong with you? The Street Fighter thing is bad enough... LOL

Top Bottom