• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

darthbob said:
This is what I used to do, but I've got a 120GB HDD, so I'd rather not have to switch discs.

Hell, I wish they put Halo 3 and Reach on sale for GoD, I'd have purchased both!
I still have my 20GB original, and I'm damn well going to stick with it haha

MrBig

thezerofire said:
I still have my 20GB original, and I'm damn well going to stick with it haha
So do I. My 360 is my main gaming machine, but I have my PC for all the DLC and games that I need. TB HDDs cost less than the official MS 360 junk. Not worth upgrading.

The standard for the next xbox better be much higher

darthbob

Barrow Roll said:
Except Halo 3 isn't optimized to run off of the HDD. :(

I know it isn't, but it's still on the Games on Demand service.

Not sure why...

(also add ODST)

MrBig said:
So do I. My 360 is my main gaming machine, but I have my PC for all the DLC and games that I need. TB HDDs cost less than the official MS 360 junk. Not worth upgrading.
The standard for the next xbox better be much higher

Microsoft uses Western Digital Hard Drives. You can easily upgrade one to a larger capacity for fairly cheap, just requires a bit of tinkering on your end.

darthbob said:
I know it isn't, but it's still on the Games on Demand service.

Not sure why...

(also add ODST)

Microsoft uses Western Digital Hard Drives. You can easily upgrade one to a larger capacity for fairly cheap, just requires a bit of tinkering on your end.
please tell me how

Steelyuhas said:
Upgrading to the Xbox360S with the 250GB was a great decision. I love it.

worth every euro
I still have an old model too (zephyr, me thinks) and the noise is unbearable. I don't know how I managed to live with that monster on my desk for two years lol, it sounds like a harrier taking off

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
darthbob said:
Maybe he wants to play Campaign for Halo 3, while also having every multiplayer map, rather than having to switch to the Mythic Disc over and over.
Why would you want to play Halo 3's campaign?

I kid, ;)

Just played BTB for the first time in a while, and I got the worst teammates. I think there were 2 idlers, a guy jetpacking up and down in the same spot, and just generally bad teammates. They literally watched as the enemy team grabbed our flag three times in a row.

BTB never again.

-Yeti said:
Just played BTB for the first time in a while, and I got the worst teammates. I think there were 2 idlers, a guy jetpacking up and down in the same spot, and just generally bad teammates. They literally watched as the enemy team grabbed our flag three times in a row.

BTB never again.

Stop. Going. In. Alone.

Seriously. Fuck.

My blood pressure and cholestoral has dropped significantly since I've stopped going in with randoms.

FyreWulff

The Map Pack for Wars is worth the money, even better at 400msp. The Gametype DLC is overpriced at 800, I waited like 2 years for it to finally drop to 400msp in a sale before I bought it. I wouldn't buy it for more than 400. You can tell MS was behind the pricing in that game because the developer didn't exist anymore. One of the marketing team probably had a boner as he typed the price into the servers.

darthbob said:
No friends, bro.

:(

i_love_you_man_poster.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
thezerofire said:
I don't always have the option of having people to play with. Not to many west coasters it seems like.
I'm on the west coast, and am online at least a little bit most days. GT = popular revolt. Hit me up some time!

And I'm psyched about the DLC deal. I almost bought Noble and Defiant last weekend, but decided to wait for a sale... Waited a lot less than I expected to!

FyreWulff

I'm waiting for the slims to start coming with 320GBs standard like the Star Wars one before I get one.

Also, my Halo 3 360 will have to die first.

Sometimes I still don't understand why the Halo 3 one came with a 20GB instead of a 120GB.. but I have a 120GB on it now from someone's Elite. I wish I could have the matching copper metal again though :/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
I saw the spoilered thingy and all but The Ark and The Covenant are friggin amazing. Don't even try to deny it.
I hated The Ark, until you get the Scorpion that is, just like I hated The Covenant until you get the Hornet.

I should note the man reason I have less than fond memories is because I played the Halo 3 campaign on Legendary where I had to suffer the Cortana making you walk slow segments and the poop level with the transforming animu flood.

xxjuicesxx said:
Stop. Going. In. Alone.

Seriously. Fuck.

My blood pressure and cholestoral has dropped significantly since I've stopped going in with randoms.
No one was online and I was curious to see what BTB was like now. Hasn't changed.

Woorloog

Banned
darthbob said:
No friends, bro.

:(
This... I have two friends who own Reach but only one actually plays it and he ain't good (and doesn't play often). Arguably, it's worse to play team games with him than play with randoms.
(How does cruising around in a Mongoose or just playing without commucating at all despite us using mics? It's useless to spot enemies for him, he either ignores me or goes in and dies)

Reach Rumble Pit is shit due Reach mechanics, in Halo 3 i could play Rumble alone for a long time. Rumble isn't an option for a solo player.
This leaves me Firefight and Campaign, both of which are worst in Halo series, and Zombies, which is pretty much shit due idiotic map choices. Where are the custom maps and/or standard maps without exploitable places and too good areas for humans? And better gametypes. Zombies should be black like in Halo 3. And why is there friendly fire in Zombies? It's annoying when a zombie kills other zombies because his human friend needs to survive. Or other such shit.

MrBig

darthbob said:
Cortana > ALL
I just played through H3 the other day with Overdoz. We skipped this level and went to do Annual with Hyper.

Bungie improved their tech so much going to Reach. Geometry rendering, texture sizes, polycount, animation, particles, audio, LOD, draw distance. It's a shame they drooped a film grain over it all.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I was tempted to fool around in BTB despite knowing it was a bad idea, I knew I could still get a bunch of kills even if my team lost. Anyway 1st game this douchebag tries to betray me for Sniper, he didn't kill me though, no it was the terrible excuse of a Wraith driver(on our team) that ran me over.

Barrow Roll said:
Plywood hates fun: confirmed.
Your version of fun sucks. :p

MrBig

Awesome Barlow said:
Does anyone know what the newest sparkast is? I can't seem to find it and the latest episode on iTunes and Zune is from march.
It still hasn't been released, even though they already recorded the next one after that.

Awesome Barlow said:
Does anyone know what the newest sparkast is? I can't seem to find it and the latest episode on iTunes and Zune is from march.
The sparkast is the monthly 343i podcast. 343i recorded 2 new Episodes. One was planned to be out before Comic-Con. But yeah. Didn't happen. The second one was recorded last week at Comic-Con. We don't know when 343i will release them.

Thank you both! So the newest episode is 004 correct? Why is 004 not on iTunes or Zune?

Domino Theory said:
When will the HaloGAF shirts be ready for purchase? My monies are ready.

I am curious to this as well. Also where will we be able to purchase from and is there a limited supply?

darthbob

MrBig said:
I just played through H3 the other day with Overdoz. We skipped this level and went to do Annual with Hyper.

Bungie improved their tech so much going to Reach. Geometry rendering, texture sizes, polycount, animation, particles, audio, LOD, draw distance. It's a shame they drooped a film grain over it all.

I would rather do Annual runs as a regular thing than play 'Cortana'.

That is literally how much I dislike that level.

I feel bad for the artists who worked so hard to make that level look 'good'. Like, it's not even the look, but the actual level design, and the fact that all you do is fight Flood.

MrBig

Evilore had a test run of a few shirts printed and they will arrive to him in a few days. Once he checks those out he'll open up the storefront. From there you will buy all the shirts that have been submitted. No artificial limits imposed.

The first few people to get 10 orders get a gift card, so help me and Letters out :)

My other Halogaf shirt will be ready in a few days as well.

Since the store is continually ongoing, we can still add more Halogaf shirts at any time. Anyone here that has an idea feel free to PM me with a concept or even just text and I'll see if I can do it.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Awesome Barlow said:
Thank you both! So the newest episode is 004 correct? Why is 004 not on iTunes or Zune?

Hmmm, seems like the xml feed reverted to a previous version for some odd reason. Thanks for pointing this out.

Will try and make sure this gets updated ASAP.

feel

I think it's gonna be at least a week, the storefront is not ready, and the test shirts he ordered are still on the way

EviLore said:
There will be a store page. We have so many submissions that I'm still deciding how to organize the storefront effectively and fairly.

Hypertrooper said:
So I love HaloGAF. And I love you that much, I wanna give a present to one person:
Who wants a code for the XBLA Game "The Maw"?
Me, please!

If nobody else wants it, that is.

Edit: Thank you so much!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Is there any place to legally download Halo 1 PC? I have the serial key needed to authorize it, but I don't have the actual game disc or download. :/

Domino Theory said:
Is there any place to legally download Halo 1 PC? I have the serial key needed to authorize it, but I don't have the actual game disc or download. :/
No where to legally download PC. If all you want is the multiplayer you can always download CE. I don't think it needs PC to be installed to run.

Top Bottom