• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

Syracuse022 said:
For the record, Mr Voc is listed as being part of the community team and I think he's now squarely in the writers' playpen:
http://ascendantjustice.com/files/cocop/visualguide_jeremy.jpg[img]
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Essential-Visual-DK-Publishing/dp/0756675928]Halo: The Essential Visual Guide on Amazon[/url]

Also, as far as re-orchestrations are concerned, Covenant Dance. Do want.[/QUOTE]
Wtf they're printing those already? I haven't been contacted yet about the appearance of my real name in the thank you section for having my avatar inspire the cover, and pretty much the whole thing obviously. Weird.

[QUOTE=OuterWorldVoice]Yeah I know. You've typed that before. I have to say though, that's a very unusual opinion and a bit weird. Most people like or love the reorchestration. But it's your opinion and you are 100% entitled to it. I just find it a bit perplexing.

A link to an example for the curious:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKvFYQaOkw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]
[/QUOTE]
Amazing track, it just flies by.

senador

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
I saw it in London last week, definitely out.

WTF? Every site says September including Amazon UK. I'll have to go check out some stores around here. I really want it for this weekend.

Letters said:
Wtf they're printing those already? I haven't been contacted yet about the appearance of my real name in the thank you section for having my avatar inspire the cover, and pretty much the whole thing obviously. Weird.

I am actually surprised its already out. I think I'll order soon. I am surprised to see the Encyclopedia is out again too, or maybe I missed something. Last time I checked those things were going for over $100.

Homeboyd said:
Just remembered we've got an epic vidoc coming up soon...

:)
Yep, can't wait.

Saw some pics of the Bungie Town poster over on HBO. Better pics than I've seen before, but still not close enough to be able to read all of the little scribbles.

Didn't notice any Destiny symbols, but there is a curious shuttle launch at the top middle. Reminded me of the Aerospace-related webcam shots, but for some reason that shuttle just looks off to me.

------------
Oh, and grab your grains of salt, I had some random brain farts on CEA:

- Is there any way it could use Reach matchmaking for co-op campaign? I'm guessing no, but that would be a nice detail.

- If one of the maps is a new Forge World (still hoping for Headlong as a Human one) then could we possibly get some forged remakes on the disc? Maybe 343 has been playing ultra conservative with the "7 maps" figure and CEA owners will be able to play on forge remakes of Wizard and Longest with a stable framerate....

Crazy ideas, I know. I'm not holding my breath.

Ramirez

Wow, seeing all of the related videos from Frank's post, I had no idea that most of these songs were on the Legends soundtrack. Best soundtrack ever, confirmed.

Schmitty

Wow, another thread. I was wondering where my sub went. I just watched that CEA video with Silent Cartographer and I am now excited to play with that switch feature. It is just too cool

stephen08 said:
Have you never played split-screen online with your friends before? It is great fun and something I hope stays a staple of Halo games to come.

Frequently. My best friend lives up the road from me, we splitscreen every other week or so. Some of my best Halo moments have been while splitscreening (though Halo 3 did it MUCH better than Reach). I too hope it remains a staple of future Halo titles.

No, what i'm arguing against primarily is guests in Team Snipers really. I won't play it halfscreen because of the poor draw distances in this game. I shudder at the thought of playing snipers on Hemorrhage quarterscreen... No wonder they quit half the time.

Playlists where guests wouldn't radically turn mm into a complete dirge:

Multi-team
Rumble Pit
Action Sack
Griffball
Living Dead
All co-op and Firefight

Then add a 4v4/5v5 guest team slayer playlist and you go someway to remedying this problem.

Risen said:
Great... now I have to read your every post with my smarmy and awful imitation accent... thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBL2Wq5YjSw&feature=player_detailpage#t=10s

Ramirez

thee henery said:
Frequently. My best friend lives up the road from me, we splitscreen every other week or so. Some of my best Halo moments have been while splitscreening (though Halo 3 did it MUCH better than Reach). I too hope it remains a staple of future Halo titles.

No, what i'm arguing against primarily is guests in Team Snipers really. I won't play it halfscreen because of the poor draw distances in this game. I shudder at the thought of playing snipers on Hemorrhage quarterscreen... No wonder they quit half the time.

Playlists where guests wouldn't radically turn mm into a complete dirge:

Multi-team
Rumble Pit
Action Sack
Griffball
Living Dead
All co-op and Firefight

Then add a 4v4/5v5 guest team slayer playlist and you go someway to remedying this problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBL2Wq5YjSw&feature=player_detailpage#t=10s

I like you.

thee henery said:
Four of my last five games

Can anyone honestly say guests don't ruin mm? Absolutely pathetic that somebody made the decision that guests could hold up in a playlist that spawns you with a one shot kill weapon like Team Snipers. I feel like an asshole to keep bringing it up on here like this but four of my last five games. Plus, one person quitting on a splitscreened tag means losing the whole or the majority of your team. Disgraceful.

Don't play alone. Ever.

It should be like rule 1 of any Halo MM.

Sai-kun

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Yeah I know. You've typed that before. I have to say though, that's a very unusual opinion and a bit weird. Most people like or love the reorchestration. But it's your opinion and you are 100% entitled to it. I just find it a bit perplexing.

A link to an example for the curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QKvFYQaOkw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I wonder if you'll like the Skywalker recordings. Totally different people, but still, a reorchestration and re-recording. Much more literal in terms of timing and cadence to match the game.
Ugh Frankie I cannot wait to hear The Gun Pointed At The Head Of The Universe redone. Is it good? It's my favorite track from CE (and probably in my top 3 Halo tracks of all time)

Sai-kun said:
Ugh Frankie I cannot wait to hear The Gun Pointed At The Head Of The Universe redone. Is it good? It's my favorite track from CE (and probably in my top 3 Halo tracks of all time)

As a huge StarWars fan, I can't wait to hear the recordings :p.

GhaleonEB said:
Hot date?
FmGkN.jpg

Smang that. For all of us.

Ramirez said:
I like you.

Aww you too Ram, Brofist and all that. Who said Gaf couldn't get along?

Devolution said:
Don't play alone. Ever.

It should be like rule 1 of any Halo MM.

This is salient advice.

Very much looking forward to 343's first playlist update. Hopefully they make a few bold statements, especially in regards to AAs tailored to maps and/or as pickups on the map. Number of playlists could do with some trimming down too.

Sai-kun

Banned
Okay, I thought about it a bit and my top 3 halo songs are:

1) Heretic, Hero
2) Gun Pointed at the Head of the Universe
3) Neon Night

Edit: sorry dax, they already got someone

feel

Poor Dax :(

EviLore said:
30 designers have submitted what looks to be a total of 50+ viable design sources, so far. Great work everyone. Keep at it.
We need more halogaf shirts in there people, we can't have just two! Go go! With different styles, focusing on other aspects of halogaf, please don't just try to make the already submitted ones look inferior by stepping in their visual territory, we need variety and the desire to buy multiple ones.

V who broke Daxitories?

lybertyboy said:
But my friends list is full.
Full of jerks, no doubt.

---
EDIT: After some Hitmonchan-level investigation, I found lybertyboy's actual friends list:

onwer mats
XShaolinMonksX
Ulquiarlus
jcut u up
ARB3 Shotgun360
ARB3 Shotgun360 (G)
Ulquiarlus
Kingzilla245
X Digital Ace X
master naruto6
Hu Hu Humpy
BX JA3MS
T0XiC KiLl3r
SHlPSHAPE
Steak 111
KEEG4NO
GoDx Thor x
KLEEN TEA
ohchicka
FuriousAunt0
killerstar137
k0nstentine
WHaxX0n
crispycritterss
CHOAM Company

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
ncsuDuncan said:
List of cool people, doesnt afraid of anything.

Shudder to think how much effort went into that list.

EDIT: I actually read through it and was thinking, "who are these people?"

Risen

Anyone care to play? Edited to say... I'll be on Gui.

lybertyboy said:
Shudder to think how much effort went into that list.

EDIT: I actually read through it and was thinking, "who are these people?"

Very little... very very little.

Ramirez

Someone should make a HaloGAF Civil War shirt, you could probably get by the copyright issues with that one if Letter's MC design is ok.

Top Bottom