• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Rickenslacker said:
Yeah I'm not sure I agree with GL taking a "great deal of skill" to get a kill with. It's pretty fast and not very hard to time it to detonate near someone.
compared to rockets though? And I mean to get a kill with with one shot, taking shields out is no problem at all

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Yep, rented the game from my work to try out Zero bloom for today, couldn't stand being left out of all the zero bloom customs lol
Don't use the Classic variant that has pistols as secondary, for secondary use AR or nothing. And make sure the damage resistance is 110%, it makes the grenades more like Halo 2 and 3. Have fun.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
Don't use the Classic variant that has pistols as secondary, for secondary use AR or nothing. And make sure the damage resistance is 110%, it makes the grenades more like Halo 2 and 3. Have fun.
Right now I am using this (taken from the MLG forums) for the damage

125% damage 150% resist 90% melee = 4 to the head, 7 to the body

thezerofire said:
compared to rockets though? And I mean to get a kill with with one shot, taking shields out is no problem at all
Yeah, even compared to rockets. It may take more skill because of its smaller radius, but let's not kid ourselves.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Right now I am using this (taken from the MLG forums) for the damage

125% damage 150% resist 90% melee = 4 to the head, 7 to the body
Is that 3 DMR bodyshots and one headshot? Without ROF cap it seems like it would be too fast with people teamshooting and whatnot

Ramirez said:
If you're actually good with it, there's little to no risk. Even if you don't kill them, you're going to drop their shields for an easy clean up.
Even if you are good with it, there's more risk using it than the rocket launcher, and you don't see a lot of people using the weapon like that. If most people are "scrub with it," that places it in a different category from other power weapons in their optimal ranges. The more you use it, the better you get with it, and thus any decision affecting power weapons cannot be universally applied to the pro-pipe.

I was trying to say that the current dynamic between a pro-pipe user against a DMR is, largely, even. Using a pro-pipe against a no-bloom DMR and pistol may end up being an exercise in frustration.

This was an impression I got, as I said. It may be that using the pro-pipe against a no-bloom DMR will not be all that different in the long run.

Dax01 said:
It takes a great deal of skill to get a kill with the pro-pipe. At least compared to other power weapons. You have to wait until it's within a certain distance from your target, and you have to detonate it at the right time, before it moves out of that optimal kill range. A person picks up the pro-pipe and would be lucky to get one kill with the damn thing before he or she dies or runs out of grenades trying to take one person down. You're taking a bigger risk using the pro-pipe against a DMR user in medium range than you would be taking a rocket launcher in medium range and close range, or a shotgun/sword/hammer in close range.

As much as I dont think its as powerful as Ram makes out, it still didnt exactly require rocket science to get a bunch of easy kills with it.

Rockets on the other hand were bad then and are only slightly less bad now. The splash damage is still huge but at least I can kill the rocket person quickly.

Letters said:
Is that 3 DMR bodyshots and one headshot? Without ROF cap it seems like it would be too fast with people teamshooting and whatnot
Agreed.

In My Opinion, a 6 shot kill would be good too. 5 for shields to pop. Slow the pace a bit more IMO.

TheOddOne

Don't you love when a random stays even when his whole team has quite the match? Saw two guys and they where good sports. Even stayed with the party.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:

I was right. I had a feeling as long as it was taking you guys it was unfixable. There will be some that are pissed but you can't please everyone and that's a good solution. If anything I like it better because that means I'll be able to play 100 percent without a disc. I like that. Guess i can put my preview disc in my collection with my live beta stuff and things like that.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PsychoRaven said:
I was right. I had a feeling as long as it was taking you guys it was unfixable. There will be some that are pissed but you can't please everyone and that's a good solution.

For most people, it will be a better experience than disc, tbh, but for those without HDDs, they can always trade a code for a disc, buy a usb thumbdrive, or invent some other social solution.

darthbob

PsychoRaven said:
I was right. I had a feeling as long as it was taking you guys it was unfixable. There will be some that are pissed but you can't please everyone and that's a good solution. If anything I like it better because that means I'll be able to play 100 percent without a disc. I like that. Guess i can put my preview disc in my collection with my live beta stuff and things like that.

I'm with you. I love being able to launch games on my Xbox, Steam style. Too bad for those who don't have an HDD or have a 20GB.

Oh well. Can't please everyone.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
For most people, it will be a better experience than disc, tbh, but for those without HDDs, they can always trade a code for a disc, buy a usb thumbdrive, or invent some other social solution.

Exactly. It was a logical way to handle it. It's certainly cheaper then trying to mail out however many thousands of copies were given away. Hopefully it won't take so long to get the list of those of us who got them and get those codes out.

GhaleonEB

bobs99 ... said:
wow, 343 are now sending out free codes for the games on demand version, thats actually really cool of them.
It's almost like they really care or something. Weird.

Nice solution. Folks have to wait a bit, but in the end it should work out quite well. Nice job.

TheOddOne

bobs99 ... said:
wow, 343 are now sending out free codes for the games on demand version, thats actually really cool of them.
Fo realz?

handclap.gif
'

GG 343i

darthbob said:
I'm with you. I love being able to launch games on my Xbox, Steam style. Too bad for those who don't have an HDD or have a 20GB.

Oh well. Can't please everyone.
lol I have a 20gb. Can't be bothered to get a new hard drive. I'll just wait until my box fails or the nextbox comes out, whichever comes first

ElRenoRaven

thezerofire said:
lol I have a 20gb. Can't be bothered to get a new hard drive. I'll just wait until my box fails or the nextbox comes out, whichever comes first

I know that feeling. Mine's a 20 gig too but I don't download a lot of stuff so I keep Preview Disc Reach Installed which gives me 4 gigs left. I also have a 16 gig thumbdrive I use too. That's what I keep my XBLA games on and anything else not game related. Luckily for me this meant I had 12 gigs worth of space on it to install Retail Reach while waiting for a fix.

MrBig

thezerofire said:
I do too, but since I currently have Reach installed I know that I will have enough space for it. Does kind of suck though, since I was planning on installing BF3 when that came out. I guess I can format an old laptop HDD to use for 16gb of storage, since I'm not going to pay for a MS HDD, and I don't have an extra WD HDD to dedicate to it.

darthbob

thezerofire said:

You can pick up a 60GB or 60GB starter pack off of Amazon for fairly cheap.

Or you can make your own, but you might get banned. :(

ElRenoRaven

Account Attempt #4 said:
That's a really great solution and very cool of 343. It just squashes the issue and removes any other unforeseen problems that could eventually come into play in the future.

Now, who's got the huevos to complain about this?

Anyone with a 4 gig 360. lol

Keep in mind I wouldn't agree with their complaining because I think it's stupid to buy that model of 360 in the first damn place.

Good games guys, was a lot of fun, I was getting nagged to leave but I may be back on a little later. Im converted though, zero bloom was a lot of fun tonight.

darthbob

Account Attempt #4 said:
That's a really great solution and very cool of 343. It just squashes the issue and removes any other unforeseen problems that could eventually come into play in the future.

Now, who's got the huevos to complain about this?

It's gonna take me forever to download this, and if I do, I'll go over my cap!

IMMA MAD A BUNGIE

ElRenoRaven

darthbob said:
It's gonna take me forever to download this, and if I do, I'll go over my cap!

IMMA MAD A BUNGIE

ROFLMAO

OMG though I just realized there will be someone that does complain about the length of download and/or going over their cap. You just know it too. lol

Booshka

Sweet, now I can just leave Shadowrun in my disc tray and launch Reach from the dashboard. Thanks for the fix 343.

Hope to be playing some Zero Bloom games with you guys soon.

senador

Banned
Wow good plan 343. That's pretty cool. I may snag another retail disc for when nextbox rolls around just so I have all the games in disc form. Sucks my retail copy got borked.

I am now convinced that lybertyboy sent wwm0nkey a code already. ;)

darthbob

PsychoRaven said:
ROFLMAO

OMG though I just realized there will be someone that does complain about the length of download and/or going over their cap. You just know it too. lol

I know this because I work in Tech Support, happens all the time when I tell someone to download a patch or whatnot.

Still funny.

PsychoRaven said:
Oh I didn't imply you were. I tend not to install either except I make that exception for Reach.
oh that wasn't to you, it was for FyreWulff. I didn't think there would be that many responses so quickly so I didn't quote

Top Bottom