• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
HaloGAF in general often needs to check their PMS.

KIYYW.jpg

Well that was fun/terrible.

I _really_ think we need to limit it to 4v4. None of those games were any good once we got above 14 players.

Hemmorage, 7 FPS Zanzibar, SIXTEEN PLAYERS on the Pit... I mean really :(

Ramirez

Devin Olsen said:

I _really_ think we need to limit it to 4v4. None of those games were any good once we got above 14 players.

People can't help themselves, BTB is SO fun in Reach, get with the program!

First impressions, not definitive opinion, of zero bloom gametype:

Positives:
1. I like not having to worry about pacing my shots or about bloom.
2. I like the faster kill times.
3. Kills are more satisfying.

Negatives:
1. Pistol is stupidly overpowered.
2. Vehicles are death traps when everyone spawns with the DMR.
3. Weapons like the AR, the Needler, and the pro-pipe are hard to use against the pistol/DMR in close quarters because they're able to kill so fast and are so powerful.

Overall, I think the gametype is okay. I definitely had more fun playing the game, but that's at a cost of some of the funner aspects of Reach I enjoy.

Edit: Thanks for the invite, Devin.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
First impressions, not definitive opinion, of zero bloom gametype:

Positives:
1. I like not having to worry about pacing my shots or about bloom.
2. I like the faster kill times.
3. Kills are more satisfying.

Negatives:
1. Pistol is stupidly overpowered.
2. Vehicles are death traps when everyone spawns with the DMR.
3. Weapons like the AR, the Needler, and the pro-pipe are hard to use against the pistol/DMR in close quarters because they're able to kill so fast and are so powerful.

Overall, I think the gametype is okay. I definitely had more fun playing the game, but that's at a cost of some of the funner aspects of Reach I enjoy.

Edit: Thanks for the invite, Devin.

Why are you trying to use the nade launcher in CQC? wat

Devin Olsen said:

I would love to try a 4v4 lol. Im not going to lie, I never though 8v8 could work on the Pit but I kind of enjoyed it lol.

Gui_PT

lybertyboy said:
Check your P
ublic
Ms.

It hurts more to be mocked in public than to have your FR denied =(

Edit: Sorry guys, totally ran out of the maps and someone in the party didn't have DLC so we didn't have actual good maps to play in =\ It was still fun though

MrBig

OuterWorldVoice said:
Internally it is codenamed the "Silence MrBig Solution" Zero Bloom was codenamed "ZeroBooshka"
:lol
But really I just saw the last few replies when I posted that and then I got defensive towards the people in here when I got attacked for it. I read the thread after the first post and understood.

Booshka

OuterWorldVoice said:
Internally it is codenamed the "Silence MrBig Solution" Zero Bloom was codenamed "ZeroBooshka"
Should have been ZeroDevo, I don't complain about Bloom that often honestly. There are other issues with Reach that bother me more.

Ramirez said:
Why are you trying to use the nade launcher in CQC? wat
Because it's effective in tight corridors? Or it's suppose to be. And forget about using the weapon in medium range combat against a no-bloom pistol. Only if you catch them by surprise.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
Because it's effective in tight corridors? Or it's suppose to be. And forget about using the weapon in medium range combat against a no-bloom pistol. Only if you catch them by surprise.

You're one of those guys that shoots the GL desperately in buildings and stuff when you're 2 feet from someone hoping you get a lucky kill aren't you?

GL is a medium range weapon, or for cross mapping, scrubs need not apply.

Ramirez said:
You're one of those guys that shoots the GL desperately in buildings and stuff when you're 2 feet from someone hoping you get a lucky kill aren't you?
I'm one of those people who uses it to bounce around a corner when I know a guy is there.
GL is a medium range weapon, or for cross mapping, scrubs need not apply.
And it's a lot harder to use against a bloomless DMR and pistol.

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
What did you codename the redoing of the AR sound and look on the CEA campaign? :D

8v8 pit was not that bad. I liked that game and the boardwalk one. Heck, even the spire one wasn't that bad :O

Was nice seeing you guys playing all the games in Classic. The pistol needs to not be there though.

Karl2177

Steelyuhas said:
Don't think so, but because the bullets always go right down the middle, you have to be more precise.
It seemed in the Hemorrhage game, I was trying to hit Devin from cave to cliff and it was harder to stay on his body.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
So pro-pipe use is out of control now? I don't get it.

Power weapons were too easy to use against people who were using a non power weapon, like literally impossible to fight back against most of the time, what's so hard to understand?

feel

Anyone run tests on the melee lunge?? Seems nerfed (in a good way), but I'm not sure if it was already like this and I'm confusing it with Halo 3. Fyrewulf??

Ramirez said:
Power weapons were too easy to use against people who were using a non power weapon, like literally impossible to fight back against most of the time, what's so hard to understand?
I think Dax is trying to say that the Grenade Launcher was hardly out of control. Rockets, sure, but of all the power weapons the Grenade Launcher never really dominated pre-ZBS.

Ramirez

Barrow Roll said:
I think Dax is trying to say that the Grenade Launcher was hardly out of control. Rockets, sure, but of all the power weapons the Grenade Launcher never really dominated.

GL is just as powerful as any of them if you know how to use it, I can't help most people are scrub with it.

Ramirez said:
GL is just as powerful as any of them if you know how to use it, I can't help most people are scrub with it.
Sure it's powerful, but it's also really hard to use compared to any other power weapon. With rockets you only have to vaguely aim at them.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
It's true. Pro Pipe is super deadly. It's too fast at the right range, there's nothing you can do. You either die, or get your shields dropped. Things a monster on host too, more so than any other weapon.

Ramirez

thezerofire said:
Sure it's powerful, but it's also really hard to use compared to any other power weapon. With rockets you only have to vaguely aim at them.

500x_reggie_not_my_problem.jpg

GL aside, my point still stands, I have no problem with every power weapon being harder to use because of ZB.

Ramirez said:
It takes a great deal of skill to get a kill with the pro-pipe. At least compared to other power weapons. You have to wait until it's within a certain distance from your target, and you have to detonate it at the right time, before it moves out of that optimal kill range. A person picks up the pro-pipe and would be lucky to get one kill with the damn thing before he or she dies or runs out of grenades trying to take one person down. You're taking a bigger risk using the pro-pipe against a DMR user in medium range than you would be taking a rocket launcher in medium range and close range, or a shotgun/sword/hammer in close range.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
It takes a great deal of skill to get a kill with the pro-pipe. At least compared to other power weapons. You have to wait until it's within a certain distance from your target, and you have to detonate it at the right time, before it moves out of that optimal kill range. A person picks up the pro-pipe and would be lucky to get one kill with the damn thing before he or she dies or runs out of grenades trying to take one person down. You're taking a bigger risk using the pro-pipe against a DMR user in medium range than you would be taking a rocket launcher in medium range and close range, or a shotgun/sword/hammer in close range.

If you're actually good with it, there's little to no risk. Even if you don't kill them, you're going to drop their shields for an easy clean up.

senador

Banned
The GL has zero bloom now!?

Edit: I am in the middle of Dax and Ram. If you know how to use it, its awesome and not much risk. Most people don't know how to use it effectively though.

I am in favor of power weapons being less easy to use with no bloom.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with GL taking a "great deal of skill" to get a kill with. It's pretty fast and not very hard to time it to detonate near someone.

Top Bottom