• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

All this Halo art being passed around inspired me to do something based on them

sent1.jpg

Still really rough but I need to get back to my portfolio work :(

Wow wow wow so beautiful, could any HaloGAFer artis list me the kind of software and physical devices I should have before I start drawing, I'm getting really interested in this.

Ken

Wow wow wow so beautiful, could any HaloGAFer artis list me the kind of software and physical devices I should have before I start drawing, I'm getting really interested in this.

A tablet (I use an older Intuos 3) and an illustrator software (like Photoshop or SAI)?

Can you draw? my biggest problem with learning is that i havnt drawn seriously for years so when i got my Tablet my results havnt been.. "very good". Granted i could put more time into it and im rushing my stuff but my perspective drawing is all screwed up atm.

Software

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Illustrator

Hardware

Any decent tablet, wacom are a good brand but end up running pretty high you should be okay with something like a wacom bamboo to start with

MrBig

I'll clean it up a bit later tonight or tomorrow morning and post a higher-res. Thanks guys.

Can you draw?

Patience is everything in art. I'd get a used intuos 3 (but only if you can assure its condition before you buy). Bamboos are junk. I don't personally like the feel of the Intuos 4 line, and the nibs will inherently run down faster. I use an Intuos 3 6x11. You'll want at least those dimensions for comfortable drawing.

You don't need Illustrator unless you want to get into vector stuff. All you need is PS (or painter).

I only lightly dabbled in art before being given a tablet. I learned to draw on that before doing too much with traditional mediums. 3 years got me to where I am now, and I'm self-taught only. Learning traditional first and going to art classes would have been a better route.

Can you draw? my biggest problem with learning is that i havnt drawn seriously for years so when i got my Tablet my results havnt been.. "very good". Granted i could put more time into it and im rushing my stuff but my perspective drawing is all screwed up atm.

Software

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Illustrator

Hardware

Any decent tablet, wacom are a good brand but end up running pretty high you should be okay with something like a wacom bamboo to start with

When I was younger (10-13 years) I used to do some oil paintings, I also draw when I'm bored :lol so I have lots of ideas.

Obviously I'll get better the more I practise.

All this drawing talk gives me an idea: everyone should try and draw their concept of Halo 4 Chief, whether that's what you think he looks like or what he should look like. Anyone interested?

Tunavi

Banned
Bamboos are junk.
What do you mean by this? Would it be good for a wannabe casual artist like me? I'm not looking to spend 300 on a drawing tablet but I really want to pick one up, bamboos look good for me

Would this just be garbage?

Sorry, this is turning into ArtGAF lol

MrBig

What do you mean by this? Would it be good for a wannabe casual artist like me? I'm not looking to spend 300 on a drawing tablet but I really want to pick one up, bamboos look good for me

It's not worth $100 to draw on what feels like a post-it note. I'm really just projecting my opinion though.

Walk in to best buy and see if they have any on display (ask if they don't) and see what is right to you. I haven't used anything besides Wacom tablets personally (bc of lack of opportunity) but there are plenty of other options.

All this drawing talk gives me an idea: everyone should try and draw their concept of Halo 4 Chief, whether that's what you think he looks like or what he should look like. Anyone interested?

This could be really cool. And decidedly humorous.

This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see everyone's interpretations (even if they're just sketches of the Mjolnir Mark VI).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bamboo is fine for a casual artist, don't worry. I own one and while I used to want to major in art, I lost my love for drawing. I use it once in a while now and it does the job.

vhfive

I would do this. All I need is ms paint and a trackpad

Is there a good reason why the TU gametypes are in the Anniversary playlist? It seems like I"m stating the obvious, but I'm in the Anniversary playlist because I'd like to play, I don't know, the fucking Anniversary gametypes. In the three BTB games I played today, I heard lots of chatter about what 'TU' meant and why/how it was different than Anniversary. It's a really poor decision to further complicate and confuse people by offering them two distinctly different core gametypes in a playlist.

Is there a good reason why the TU gametypes are in the Anniversary playlist? It seems like I"m stating the obvious, but I'm in the Anniversary playlist because I'd like to play, I don't know, the fucking Anniversary gametypes. In the three BTB games I played today, I heard lots of chatter about what 'TU' meant and why/how it was different than Anniversary. It's a really poor decision to further complicate and confuse people by offering them two distinctly different core gametypes in a playlist.
I plan on touching upon this in my mega (?) write-up of the BTB playlist, but given that fact that half of the playlist is supported by a Halo 2 map (and thus not appropriately subjected to the Anniversary gametypes), I would suggest removing the Anniversary gametype all together and have it all be TU settings. Simpler, easier to remember all gametypes, and easier to manage/tweak for 343.

Striker

If they removed evade/jetpacks from Headlong/Breakneck Anny playlists it would probably play tons better. Those reasons alone are why I prefer CEA's settings to the TU, although the 85% DMR is pretty nice.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey lemme know if anything cool happens in the VGA shits if you guys are watching. Not only Halo related but other shit.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Boring war games, terrorists, Batman and zombies. The Mass Effect clip somehow managed to be boring as heck ("cinematic", skyscraper size robots and alien monster fighting Godzilla style). And playing COD helps real soliders or something. Hope Skyrim get some props.

Kinda happy the Chief isn't sharing the stage with these paid to be there "celebrities" and Hulk Hogan.

Boring war games, terrorists, Batman and zombies. The Mass Effect clip somehow managed to be boring as heck ("cinematic", skyscraper size robots and alien monster fighting Godzilla style). And playing COD helps real soliders or something. Hope Skyrim get some props.

Kinda happy the Chief isn't sharing the stage with these paid to be there "celebrities" and Hulk Hogan.

are we sure about this? Or are we being tricked and nothing will be ther.

Top Bottom