• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

wwm0nkey

People actually watch the VGAs instead of waiting for the videos to hit gametrailers within the hour?

last year was a fucking disgrace to video games but besides The Witcher 2 not being put up for best RPG this year doesn't look that bad. Also their host actually seems to understand gamers.

TheOddOne

It's already posted I think, but it's new for me so...:
Frank Capezzuto released some Halo Art]
fc_waypoint_b_groundpounder_alt_04.jpg

HGGGGGGGGGG

So, in the reach making of they give mention of a Halo Reach Legendary Ending, it was cut but they mentioned it had something to do with a bird landing on the helmet.

hawk.jpg

I wonder if thats the bird

You have to ask, dont want my MJOLNIR all slimey
Who said that this was planned as a enemy? When we heard/read the first time about animals on Reach, I hoped we would have seen more than just 2 animals. But we just got the Moas and this giant godzilla ape things. So I ain't happy that this got cut. I would love how this thing and what his purpose was.

MrBig

Who said that this was planned as a enemy? When we heard/read the first time about animals on Reach, I hoped we would have seen more than just 2 animals. But we just got the Moas and this giant godzilla ape things. So I ain't happy that this got cut. I would love how this thing and what his purpose was.

There was quite a bit of ambient life cut, this portfolio only shows a few. I believe I saw someone else's portfolio with more but I have no idea who it was.

daedalius

I love the edge highlights that this and the other environmental pieces in your portfolio have. Reminds me a bit of Feng Zhu's Duke Nukem work
Do you keep a sketchbook on polycount or conceptart.org?

I do have a sketchbook thread on conceptart, but I never post in it, I just post everything in my blog

fc_waypoint_b_groundpounder_alt_04.jpg

HGGGGGGGGGG

Yea, this is in the Halo 3 artbook. Damn, its such a good book ;) here is my current desk stack of books :) which is not even close to all of them

Well my xbox has lost the ability to read disks. Apparently Robert had the same issue? Any solutions dude?

Could it be a software issue related to the update maybe? This is too much of a coincidence.

EDIT: Seems to work now, wtf. Oh no, as soon as the game started it kicked me back to dashboard with an error. Wtf
EDIT2: Working again. Stupid dashboard update, must be some software related. :S
Nah, my problem was already happening before the update. I don't have to pay for the repair though :)

Karl2177

I'd like the meet the jackass that decided to put a automatic weapon kill challenge on the same day as a grenade challenge.

Also, is it possible to zoom out with Atlas?

feel

Waypoint's up on the iOS store

ATLAS is an in-app purchase

app is nice, but I'm not a fan of how a ton of UI elements aren't made with Retina in mind and look low-res as hell

edit-

v it was known, still disappointing

there's a free trial apparently

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Waypoint's up on the iOS store

mentions atlas in the description (in-app purchase probably)
Just got it, and... ATLAS costs $4.99?? Has this been public knowledge? I thought it was free. :-(

MrBig

All this Halo art being passed around inspired me to do something based on them

sent1.jpg

Still really rough but I need to get back to my portfolio work :(

Just got it, and... ATLAS costs $4.99?? Has this been public knowledge? I thought it was free. :-(
Yes. It is public knowledge since its announcement for other OSes. And yes it is free for user of the better Mobile OS: Windows Phone 7.

All this Halo art being passed around inspired me to do something based on them

sent1.jpg

Still really rough but I need to get back to my portfolio work :(
I love it.

darthbob

Welp! Can't sign into Waypoint on my Android Phone, tells me my Live ID may be wrong, and to check my data connection.

My Live ID is most certainly not wrong, and I'm connected to 4G, tried on Wi-Fi. I tried with an Alt, and that worked.

But not my main account, just like on halo.xbox.com.

Why is this occurring to my primary account?

Free for WP7. Paid for other OSs, this was known via the latest Bulletin.

stephen08

So I downloaded Waypoint to my iPhone and bought Atlas. It seems pretty neat but not very practical as it shows you where literally every weapon is. That's good for newer players but more experienced people only care about power weapons and as far as I can tell there is no way to filter weapons out. Even then, what matters more is timing them which Atlas doesn't seem to warn you about at all. Also it's very zoomed in on the iPhone preventing you from getting a global view of the map. I tried it out on my iPad and it was better but the app is asking me to rebuy Atlas. Is that by design? Most apps I have used content within it is tied to an account (in this case I would have assumed the Live ID) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

EDIT: Ok weird, just started up a game on Powerhouse and now it seems like it is only showing me power weapons (Hammer, Focus, Rockets, Shotgun and Grenade Launcher). I don't think any settings changed though. Regardless, it's much better like this.

I think Letters mentioned that Atlas on ios has a free trial? Whats included in the trial? I could borrow an iphone for the trial but dont really want to if the trial is really restricted.

stephen08

I think Letters mentioned that Atlas on ios has a free trial? Whats included in the trial? I could borrow an iphone for the trial but dont really want to if the trial is really restricted.

It's very restricted. You only have access to Powerhouse and even then I don't think it includes any realtime support. Just an overview of the map.

Top Bottom