• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Havok

Well Havok and I had just finished the first round and were at 150k points when my internet decided it didn't want me to continue playing.

/facepalm
Pretty big bummer, still not sure what happened there. I can be on in about 20 minutes if you want to try again or play Reach or whatever.

It was nice to have a reminder of what difficult Firefight felt like, and how much fun Halo 3/ODST AI were to fight against. That's something that Reach seems to falter in, or at least my perception of it.

daedalius

Pretty big bummer, still not sure what happened there. I can be on in about 20 minutes if you want to try again or play Reach or whatever.

It was nice to have a reminder of what difficult Firefight felt like, and how much fun Halo 3/ODST AI were to fight against. That's something that Reach seems to falter in, or at least my perception of it.

Yea, sure I'll hop on at like 930 and we can do whatever. I'd be up for another shot at ODST, maybe get a couple more this time.

Also, I updated this: http://galefire.com/2011/12/nexus-in-the-distance-enviro/
The big environment piece I posted before if anyone is interested.

Flipyap

Can I get truck balls in blue please?

Sorry, no. But how do you feel about flaming truck nuts?

Legendary Edition exclusive, pre-order now.

qfuEq.png

Whaaaaat? His sarcastic douchebag commentary is the best part of his gameplay videos! That Reach beta vid on Boneyard is still hilarious.

I loved that commentary. Hilarious.

I'm going to throw something out there that some of HaloGAF may find alarming, so brace yourself and stay calm. What if there is no public beta for Halo 4? Try to keep out your obvious desires to play some form of the game as soon as possible.

Kuroyume

Banned
More fuel for the fire if it sucks then.

Actually now that I think about it that's probably a good thing. The past betas were better than the final games. Probably best if they don't get user data so they could ruin the game more.

daedalius

They're blatantly using TU changes as litmus tests for Halo 4. I would think if the beta were tied into any game, we'd know what game it would be by now.

The only other way would be MS finally making some sense and having an open beta. But why give away the game early from the new developer? Make everyone buy it first. Either way, it's still stupid that a game that already had a beta has another beta halfway through it's lifespan.

wat?

There are more people playing H3 Doubles than Team Objective in Reach.

Geez, that's kinda sad.

Ramirez

They're blatantly using TU changes as litmus tests for Halo 4. I would think if the beta were tied into any game, we'd know what game it would be by now.

The only other way would be MS finally making some sense and having an open beta. But why give away the game early from the new developer? Make everyone buy it first. Either way, it's still stupid that a game that already had a beta has another beta halfway through it's lifespan.

Not really.

watching this, ninja just got hit offline in h3 doubles

Oh and look what he popped back in a more reliable game with better netcode...

A game called Reach.

Jesus look how fast the gameplay is compared to 3. Fuckin ehhhh. As shitty as Reach's framerate is its still better than 3's!

FyreWulff

What was the point of spending all that money and man hours on the first beta, then? Besides the fact that they're not really using it as a beta, more of a gametype preview. Unless they're actually going to attempt to push Zero Bloom into regular matchmaking.

They should have saved all their cute little changes for Halo 4.

daedalius

What was the point of spending all that money and man hours on the first beta, then? Besides the fact that they're not really using it as a beta, more of a gametype preview. Unless they're actually going to attempt to push Zero Bloom into regular matchmaking.

They should have saved all their cute little changes for Halo 4.

Considering they basically had 1 guy doing all the coding for the update, I doubt it was that much money and man hours comparatively, lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

No.

FyreWulff

"Hey guys, let's have a total wankfest in tribute to the original Halo!"

"Sure! Hey, let's do it for Halo 4 since the code hasn't been pressed to disc and we can include all the options for the UI!"

"No"

"What"

"No. That would make too much sense. Let's pay for a single programmer to implement half the stuff actually needed to complete the experience, split the userbase, and then attempt to rebalance Bungie's game and stop after 3 weapons. Because we don't have enough manpower to actually pull off a complete TU. Also, we don't have the time to actually fix bugs in the game."

"But.. I thought we weren't doing Halo 1 multiplayer because it'd split the userbase?"

"This is different. It's a love letter to the fans. A love letter that they have to pay 15$ to access in matchmaking."

Ramirez

"Hey guys, let's have a total wankfest in tribute to the original Halo!"

"Sure! Hey, let's do it for Halo 4 since the code hasn't been pressed to disc and we can include all the options for the UI!"

"No"

"What"

"No. That would make too much sense. Let's pay for a single programmer to implement half the stuff actually needed to complete the experience, split the userbase, and then attempt to rebalance Bungie's game and stop after 3 weapons. Because we don't have enough manpower to actually pull off a complete TU. Also, we don't have the time to actually fix bugs in the game."

"But.. I thought we weren't doing Halo 1 multiplayer because it'd split the userbase?"

"This is different. It's a love letter to the fans. A love letter that they have to pay 15$ to access in matchmaking."

Thanks for reaffirming my statement, you're the best.

Hey You

I'm going to throw something out there that some of HaloGAF may find alarming, so brace yourself and stay calm. What if there is no public beta for Halo 4? Try to keep out your obvious desires to play some form of the game as soon as possible.

It would surprise me that 343 would be so confident in their first game and make me a little worried. Its one thing to have internal testing of a couple thousand, but its another to have millions testing everything about your game and backend.

Just can't achieve the same results. Also, if they want feedback on gameplay and weapons, they wouldn't be able to get the same feedback from other MGS employees who most probably don't play much halo like they would from the general halo fanbase.

Top Bottom