• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo2LE $25, Halo2 $20 Fable $20, Forza $20, Burnout3 $30

Sysgen

Went to an EBGames store today and sold them most of my crap in exchange for discounts of Halo2LE, Fable and Burnout3.

I buy alot of games on the cheap. Most not for more than $10. So overtime I've accumulated alot of less than stellar titles that I have enjoyed and in some cases didn't enjoy. Most of this stuff you can;t do better than $10 on ebay either so if you think about it this is really a good oppurtunity to clean house. The other thing is that if you were to bring these games to EB for a normal trade they would give you sh*t for them.

This was how it broke down.
The total discount was $80.
$30 off of Halo2LE
Traded in Links, Haunted Mansion, Broken Sword
$30 off of Fable
Traded in Dead To Rights, Def Jam, Mission Impossible
$20 off of Burnout 3
Traded in Tony Hawk 4, 007 Nightfire.

Tommorow I'm thinking of going back for the Forza for $20 deal.

Better :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Then don't post yet. Do you have someone clicking the submit button as you type your insightful posts up that keeps you from finishing them?

You can at least edit in something better than "----" so people know what the hell it is you're trying to accomplish.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Dumb Thread $25, What? $20 Where? $20, I'm not done typing but I'll hit post anyway $20 Durrr NO DELETE BUTTON? $30

Sysgen

Semjaza Azazel said:
Then don't post yet. Do you have someone clicking the submit button as you type your insightful posts up that keeps you from finishing them?

You can at least edit in something better than "----" so people know what the hell it is you're trying to accomplish.

Hey Sherlock, the submit works off the keyboard also. I tabbed to tab a line and tabbed to the submit. Shit happens and be a little more forgiving.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DJ_Tet said:
Don't be mad cause you got scooped Wario :D

Not really, I don't do trade in deals and I've known about this 'deal' for a few days now. I refrained from posting it though cause I don't advocate trade ins

Sysgen

Wario64 said:
Not really, I don't do trade in deals and I've known about this 'deal' for a few days now. I refrained from posting it though cause I don't advocate trade ins

I don't either. Trade ins suck. But if you trade them your crap which is basically worthless then this is a good deal. It's also a good deal if you've bought the games you are trading in on the cheap. Face it most of the stuff just sits there and is in effect equity you can use for other purchases.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Wario64 said:

That was posted before his post was edited. You take yourself way too seriously sometimes. Take a joke dude.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DJ_Tet said:
That was posted before his post was edited. You take yourself way too seriously sometimes. Take a joke dude.

It was posted after his edit, unless you think time progresses backwards

BeOnEdge

Banned
Sysgen said:
Hey fuck you, I'm not done typing.

lol.gif

DJ_Tet

Banned
ok it was written before his edit, and posted at the same time. point was, it was a joke, hence the smiley, and point two, the joke worked better when the post was ---------

just forget it, you got scooped.

thanks for the sporting news though :)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
OMG HE POSTED SOMETHING STUPID, BAN HIM OMG OMG! BAN HIM!

The "Fuck you, I'm not done typing" bit was hysterical though.

Sysgen

TekunoRobby said:
OMG HE POSTED SOMETHING STUPID, BAN HIM OMG OMG! BAN HIM!

The "Fuck you, I'm not done typing" bit was hysterical though.

Yea, you think I was fucking terroist or something. Jesus!

Anyway. This the perfect deal for th ebudget gamer if you do it right.

Trade in any games that you've bought on the cheap and don't plan to use again. I do not advocate trading in the quality stuff you bought at full price. For the stuff you can trade don't hesitate becuase you can always pick it up gain for cheap. Alot of games go for next to nothing on ebay these days or at stores like Toys R Us and their 50% clearance sale.

So you get Fable, Play it for a week and dump it at $40 on ebay. You could always buy it back again later at $20. You are ahead $50.

I have an ebay auction up. I bought MX Unleahsed at $10. Played it to death. Put it up on ebay and the bid is now $17 and change. Me = +7 dollars.

Point is EB makes a sh*t load of money on trade ins. You can make money to by properly leveraging your used games.

Jesus, you talk about me taking things seriously? Do you honestly think I would push for a ban over something that dumb? lol

I only said that because I figured this was some lame joke thread and that was that. I was kidding. I still don't see why you couldn't just edit what you wanted to say into the original post instead of asking how to delete, but whatever. You eventually did and that's all I meant by the second post.

Wow, so you maybe saved $10 dollars on some of the games you listed. I don't see any reason why this deserved a thread. I could and will do the same thing when every game you listed comes out and I go buy it for atleast $10 off (or more) each at my local Fry's.

Sysgen

Mr_Furious said:
Wow, so you maybe saved $10 dollars on some of the games you listed. I don't see any reason why this deserved a thread. I could and will do the same thing when every game you listed comes out and I go buy it for atleast $10 off (or more) each at my local Fry's.

I saved $80. How do you figure $10?

Sysgen

Semjaza Azazel said:
Jesus, you talk about me taking things seriously? Do you honestly think I would push for a ban over something that dumb? lol

I only said that because I figured this was some lame joke thread and that was that. I was kidding. I still don't see why you couldn't just edit what you wanted to say into the original post instead of asking how to delete, but whatever. You eventually did and that's all I meant by the second post.

Hey. It's cool. We all bleed red.

BuddyC

Mr_Furious said:
Actually, you get $10 per game at which you paid $10 for each so how are you saving money again?
Sure he broke even, but he also got to play and enjoy the games he traded in.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Speevy said:
What's the deal exactly? You trade in games, get trade-in value toward other games. Brilliant discovery?

bluenatas09 from CAG said:
Trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GC games and recieve $30 towards pre-purchase of Halo 2, Limitend Halo 2 or Forza.

One per customer. Boxes and instructions required. While supplies last. Not Valid on previous purchases. No Substitutions. No Rainchecks. 8/2-10/2

AND

The more you Trade, the more you're Paid
Trade 3 games in and recieve a extra $10 to total
Trade 4 games in and recieve a extra $15 to total
Trade 5 games in and recieve a extra $20 to total.

No Exclusions! No same titles. Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

Normally I'd say the "more you trade, more you're paid" deal isn't the best....BUT it does say in little print that theres NO exceptions. So here's the perfect chance to get rid of some of those crappy POX titles or old sports titles that are taking up space.

Sysgen

BuddyChrist83 said:
Sure he broke even, but he also got to play and enjoy the games he traded in.

Yup.

The original point was .....

I buy games on the cheap. $10 there $10 there etc... I try em. If I like em I play em. If I don't they may go on ebay. I do not normally trade in games. EB will rip you off. This gave me an advantage on EB. They know it and that's why this is a ... reasonable ... oppurtunity.

For those games I traded in I would normally get next to nothing (Again, I would not normally do trade ins.). Some they will give you a $1 for. Some $4 etc... Here you get $10 per. If you've spent around $10 and the game is collecting dust then this is a good deal. Even if you spent $20 and played the hell out of the game but now it collects dust then it is a good deal becuase you then derive $10 of play time out of a full game and dump it for $10 back. Most games you can't get shit for now. Why pay $54.99 for Halo2LE or $49.99 for Fable when you don't have to.

madara

Hmm I have like 7 $5 CC games, do they take in most stuff, like Jet Set Radio Future? Think I have 3 of them,waiting for Paper Mario, Baten trade in offers.

BuddyC

Semjaza Azazel said:
Do they do that specifically with any GC or PS2 titles? I either pre-ordered or just don't want those Xbox games...
If they give you any sass, just reserve the Xbox games they want you to. A few days later, go in, cancel your pre-orders and move them to the games you really want.

Sysgen

Semjaza Azazel said:
Do they do that specifically with any GC or PS2 titles? I either pre-ordered or just don't want those Xbox games...

Here is the EB trade in page.

It also applies to Fable but I don't know when that expires. The guy at the store told me it did.

There are also restrictions.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Sysgen said:
I buy games on the cheap. $10 there $10 there etc... I try em. If I like em I play em. If I don't they may go on ebay. I do not normally trade in games. EB will rip you off. This gave me an advantage on EB. They know it and that's why this is a ... reasonable ... oppurtunity.

07.jpeg

Sysgen

I've played so much sh*t doing this you have no idea.

Played Broken Sword last night for the 1st time. I bought it for $10. OMFG, How many hours of mummified gamplay? That went to EB today. I'm sure it has it's audience but I wasn't even in the balcony.

SKluck

Banned
Have you never heard of RENTING?

I don't buy a game I don't know if I will like. Only time I've ever traded a game in is Oddworld XB and Quantum whatever racing game for DOA3. And that was probably a mistake.

Sysgen

SKluck said:

I don't buy a game I don't know if I will like. Only time I've ever traded a game in is Oddworld XB and Quantum whatever racing game for DOA3. And that was probably a mistake.

You missed the point. Back to the Wharton school of business for you.

If I rent 20 games at $6 each. That is $120 .... lost.

If I buy 20 games at $10 each and sell 20 games at $10 each that is .... even money or since you are renting +$120 for me.

Rhage

SKluck said:
Dude, when Blockbuster charges $7 for renting, I'd rather just buy the game and own it for $10. This may not apply to the original poster, but it might, and does to many.

Sysgen

Rhage said:
Dude, when Blockbuster charges $7 for renting, I'd rather just buy the game and own it for $10. This may not apply to the original poster, but it might, and does to many.

Yup.

Do you rent beyond Good and Evil for $7 or buy it for $3 more and sell it or trade it when it has enough dust on it for the same price you bought it at. Picked this up new, today at Toys R Us for ...... $10.

Top Bottom