• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF at PAX: Meetup planning and more.

Okay, how about The Crab Pot for dinner on Thursday? Seems pretty touristy, but judging from the pics it has a pretty casual atmosphere that could be good for an informal meetup. The menu on their website seemed promising; plenty of seafood at a wide range of prices, including burgers and fish & chips on the cheaper side if you're on a budget.

Thoughts? I figure a 7pm dinner on Thursday would be a good plan.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Okay, how about The Crab Pot for dinner on Thursday? Seems pretty touristy, but judging from the pics it has a pretty casual atmosphere that could be good for an informal meetup. The menu on their website seemed promising; plenty of seafood at a wide range of prices, including burgers and fish & chips on the cheaper side if you're on a budget.

Thoughts? I figure a 7pm dinner on Thursday would be a good plan.

eew.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Frank, you and David need to join up (and any other 343/cool dudes/gals).

I'm down for anything, Frank is the local so we need suggestions. :p

Also, most of us don't know what everyone looks like. HaloGaf shirts Thursday night? I know Duncan's face thanks to his avatar. We could all meet outside whatever place.

LukeSmith

Cool. Looking for a seafood place in downtown Seattle that isn't crazy expensive. Preferably something within walking distance of the convention center (where I assume most of us have hotels nearby).

Fake Edit: Pike Street Fish Fry seemed promising, but it sounds like they don't have very much seating. I'm finding a lot of places that look super fancy and costly. Still searching.

You should in fact, try and go away from the convention center. Everything around there will be an overcrowded dump.

If you want sushi, go to Umi Sake in Belltown

Oh, and I'm going to PAX guys.
fs3rz.gif

Ramirez

But seriously guys, soak up Seattle, such an awesome place. PAX is like the side show compared to the rest of the stuff you can do with your fellow HaloGAF.

Hmmm. Wife and kids welcome to join us at breakfast?

I'm glad to hear they're making the journey this year.

Breakfast on Saturday is perfect for me. I won't be able to make a Thursday night meetup, though. :^(

--------------------

We should try to meet up at the Halo 4 booth at the same time one day so we can all play and wait in line together.

I'm glad to hear they're making the journey this year.

Breakfast on Saturday is perfect for me. I won't be able to make a Thursday night meetup, though. :^(

--------------------

We should try to meet up at the Halo 4 booth at the same time one day so we can all play and wait in line together.
Personally I want to meet up before the convention center with everyone and marching to the booth. But I posted this idea at last OT. So I am posting it again! Woot!

Shot fired.

Dis gun be fun
Are you under 21? Am I not alone?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got a suggestion from Seattle-Gaf:

dLMN8R said:
You're in Seattle. It's hard to find seafood places that aren't great :p

If you want to walk around 10-15 minutes, SeaStar is one of my favorite seafood restaurants around:

2121 Terry Ave Ste 108, Seattle, WA

http://seastarrestaurant.com/Seattle

It's also in a different area than most people at PAX will go to, so it should be easier to get a table. Go with a reservation though. It's somewhat pricey, but not excessive, and they have a great mixture of Raw Bar and cooked entrees for the squeemish. Go with the Ahi Poke for an appetizer.

How about Cutter's Crabhouse?

Menu seems to show prices a little more in the $15-$20 range. I think that's about as cheap as you can go as far as seafood is concerned, short of a fast food joint.

Edit:
Ah, yeah, hadn't checked prices.

Wherever works for us. Just someplace good. The only issue will be finding everyone as most of us don't know faces. :p

<--------

You know my face. I know most everyone else's face. We'll be fine. Just look for the HaloGAF/Bungie/etc. T-shirts and keep your phone handy.

FYI, I made a reservation for breakfast at the Athenian so no worries there. As soon as we agree on a dinner location I'll make a reservation for that as well.

How about Cutter's Crabhouse?

Menu seems to show prices a little more in the $15-$20 range. I think that's about as cheap as you can go as far as seafood is concerned, short of a fast food joint.

Edit:

<--------

You know my face. I know most everyone else's face. We'll be fine. Just look for the HaloGAF/Bungie/etc. T-shirts and keep your phone handy.

FYI, I made a reservation for breakfast at the Athenian so no worries there. As soon as we agree on a dinner location I'll make a reservation for that as well.
Any plans when the dinner starts?

I'll just be looking for Heckfu's beard.

Will that work? I'm pretty sure every barista in Seattle is FDA-required to have such a beard. You should instead be looking for Heckfu's dreamy eyes, those are actually unique and will keep you from following a Starbuck's employee into a dark alley.

-------
Any opinions on Cutter's Crabhouse from the locals?

I think that's the frontrunner right now, considering our constraints:
- Seafood.
- Not super cheap, i.e. fast food.
- Not super expensive.
- Family friendly for Ghaleon.
- Not too close to the convention center, but not so far that it's a hassle.

Will that work? I'm pretty sure every barista in Seattle is FDA-required to have such a beard. You should instead be looking for Heckfu's dreamy eyes, those are actually unique and will keep you from following a Starbuck's employee into a dark alley.

-------
Any opinions on Cutter's Crabhouse from the locals?

I think that's the frontrunner right now, considering our constraints:
- Seafood.
- Not super cheap, i.e. fast food.
- Not super expensive.
- Family friendly for Ghaleon.
- Not too close to the convention center, but not so far that it's a hassle.

No one will have a beard like that.

Never been to Cutter's.

FyreWulff

I would like to try. Don't care where it is as long as the prices are reasonable, always up for trying new stuff.

edit: I think this looks doable so far

9Lv86.png

Added contact info for those that posted it on the HaloGAF website. My info is now there as well.

Contact linking in Windows Phone is so damn smooth.

Sofa King

Not sure I can be of help with the seafood angle, but I have always been a fan of the Chow Foods restaurants.

http://www.chowfoods.com/

They are not right in downtown, but they do have a restaurant up on Queen Anne hill called the 5 Spot and one in Ballard called The Hi-Life. Good food and very reasonable. My personal favorite is the one in West Seattle, but it's not easy to find if you don't know where you are going.

Good Luck!

Edit: On 2nd thought, anything past Thursday is risky for Queen Anne since Bumbershoot is on the weekend in Seattle Center (big music festival). I would think between PAX and Bumbershoot, downtown in general is going to be hopping on the weekend.

Still no local word on if Cutter's Crabhouse is legit? I want to make a reservation tonight or tomorrow.

-----
Is 7pm good for the Thursday dinner folks?

Top Bottom