• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Isn't it just hard light? (Not a metal). I think that's what they call it. Forerunner were able to manipulate this material to build pretty much everything apparently

And it's not static. In one of the books I'm pretty sure they talked about the Didact's ship changing or transforming because it was made of the material

So from A.I. to Structures and Space Ships they're "Solid Vision are interactive holographic projections"

Nebula

Just went from 100+ fps on skyrim to Halo 4 and it's ~30 FPS average. What a joke. It's actually unplayable. So many drops below 25 it's unbelievable. If this wasn't a MS studio game it would have been denied until a more stable game was produced.

Fuchsdh

Just went from 100+ fps on skyrim to Halo 4 and it's ~30 FPS average. What a joke. It's actually unplayable. So many drops below 25 it's unbelievable. If this wasn't a MS studio game it would have been denied until a more stable game was produced.

Per the DF review Halo 4 is far more stable than Reach and stays at 30 fps fairly consistently.

Vooduu

Watching the Arbiter cutscenes from the OG Halo 2 makes me appreciate the story and character since I really couldn't as a young kid.

Welfare

60fps on Xbox One will be so good.

HTupolev

Per the DF review Halo 4 is far more stable than Reach and stays at 30 fps fairly consistently.
Yeah, Halo 4 performs pretty well in most modes. Split-screen and BTB can get ugly sometimes, though.

Reach... well, its less ambitious areas run pretty damned well, but in some areas Bungie wanted high complexity and large scale and loads of heavy effects work all at once. The results are predictable. Also, some forge maps get bad.

Halo 3 has a stuttering problem, but it doesn't suffer much from spikes.

Akai__

I remember some GAF customs, where I had a buddy at my place. Map was Wreckage, I think. Anyways, I captured uncompressed videos of that game and it had average 23 FPS in that game. It drops to 11-13 FPS very often. Such a nightmare. Sadly, it was on my old HDD disk, which broke when Elzar asked me to capture a clip.
Not implying that Elzar is to blame, but he totally is. :p

TheOddOne

I remember some GAF customs, where I had a buddy at my place. Map was Wreckage, I think. Anyways, I captured uncompressed videos of that game and it had average 23 FPS in that game. It drops to 11-13 FPS very often. Such a nightmare. Sadly, it was on my old HDD disk, which broke when Elzar asked me to capture a clip.
Both Wreckage and Shatter just buckled under their own weight, both maps were too large and that caused really bad drops. Both were from Crimson map pack, which also included Harvest; which also didn't run so hot.

Later map packs had less of these issues though, and were better optimized.

Yeah, I remember Wreckage having some damn issues in matchmaking the, like, five or six times I saw it.

Mix

So, Playing Halo 2 Vista, I'm replaying the campaign for the first time in about two years and I cannot wait to see what some of these cinematics are going to look like, let alone the levels and characters.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
They obviously never went near BTB or an explosion.

It also drops so low in Spartan Ops that it's unplayable. :/

Murder Miners on PC is pretty fun. Halo would be so good with a keyboard and mouse, since you won't have to claw or move your thumb off the right stick to click buttons.

jem0208

I've only ever had problems with 4's framerate when playing splitscreen. On my own it's always been fine, which is impressive considering the age of the hardware.

Fuchsdh

I remember hearing you get both, but during them you can't switch between them.

That's basically the same as CEA, correct? You needed to switch back before you triggered cutscenes if you wanted classic.

I assume the remastered music will work the same way as CEA as well where it's a menu option, but it'd be great if we can do the same for the sound effects.

Nebula

It also drops so low in Spartan Ops that it's unplayable. :/

Murder Miners on PC is pretty fun. Halo would be so good with a keyboard and mouse, since you won't have to claw or move your thumb off the right stick to click buttons.

Played it yesterday and today. Pretty good stuff so far.

I've only ever had problems with 4's framerate when playing splitscreen. On my own it's always been fine, which is impressive considering the age of the hardware.

Out of the retail-price (and CEA) 360 titles I've played, I think I'd rate the framerates somewhere along the lines of:

Halo 3 = ODST > Reach > GTAV > Wars = Halo 4 > Halo CEA

People replaying Halo 2 now are ruining the hype for themselves, which is half the fun of a game launch

just crazy man.

seriously, lol.

it's been well over a year since I played Halo 4, the last time I played Halo was when H3 was free and that was for like a day. I wanna go in fresh!

Vooduu

Think this was from the last time I played Shatter.

Hit 500/1000 Suppressor kills as well. So close!

lol that shit never happened to me.
cux1x3P.png

Mix

A question about that, the cutscenes will be replaced by a cinematic or we will get both?

When playing OG Halo 2 mode you get OG cinematics, when in anniversary and the cutscene triggers you get new Blur ones.

I assume the remastered music will work the same way as CEA as well where it's a menu option, but it'd be great if we can do the same for the sound effects.
Remastered music will play in Anni mode, but when you switch, so will sound effects and music. The game will essentially be running two games at once this time around.

Holy goosebumps and nerd chills

You're such a tease

People replaying Halo 2 now are ruining the hype for themselves, which is half the fun of a game launch

just crazy man.
seriously, lol.

it's been well over a year since I played Halo 4, the last time I played Halo was when H3 was free and that was for like a day. I wanna go in fresh!
Been fighting that urge to hook up the 360 for quite some time now hahah -- Born again Halo virgin baby!

My Pistol is tingling.

Vooduu

Sure, but it's kinda odd how he's never mentioned prior.

I don't think Forerunners were a threat until the Didact, even they saw the ancient humans as one, no?

I'm not too familiar with the new lore that's been given surrounding their reappearance but I doubt Cortana didn't at least know of his existence.

Speaking of Didact, is it ever explained how Cortana knows that he's the Didact after his first cutscene in Mission 3?

In the next mission she said something about his name means something about being the one who teaches....this "didact"...but can be easily missed if you run after saving the marines.

aj1467

In the next mission she said something about his name means something about being the one who teaches....this "didact"...but can be easily missed if you run after saving the marines.
There is also a hidden audio terminal thing at the start of the second level where you hear an elite chanting "diiidaaaact!". It's on the crashed lich.

And then later in the Didact reveal cutscene an elite kneels and shouts "DIDAAAACT".

Akai__

Both Wreckage and Shatter just buckled under their own weight, both maps were too large and that caused really bad drops. Both were from Crimson map pack, which also included Harvest; which also didn't run so hot.

Later map packs had less of these issues though, and were better optimized.

Wreckage also suffered from this weird lighting. You couldn't see shit, if you were looking into the direction of these things.

Yeah, I remember Wreckage having some damn issues in matchmaking the, like, five or six times I saw it.

I was actually quite happy, that it didn't show up in MP that often. It was really unplayable and Halo 4 had enough of oversized maps.

Speaking of Didact, is it ever explained how Cortana knows that he's the Didact after his first cutscene in Mission 3?

I'm not sure. I played the Halo 4 campaign like 3 or 4 times and haven't payed attention.

I had many questions after the campaign, but this was not one of them. Weird, that I haven't noticed it.

Leap of logic. His name is plastered all over Requiem's system (most likely warnings and the like), and so you kinda put two and two together.

Pretty much my thought. His name had to have come up when she was interfacing with Requiem, but she didn't really have time to sort through everything and pick out the relevant stuff until it was too late.

Top Bottom