• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

FyreWulff

How do you know this stuff?

In total seriousness if someone mentions a fact.. I remember it. I can recall specific details of a specific day in my childhood if someone brings up something that happened on that day. The Halo 2 How To Be a Jerk site I did entirely from memory.

So when I see Halofax(tm) my brain goes "Saved to disk" and I can recall shit when relevant topics will poll my brain to remember them.

This actually has led me to pretend I don't remember something when talking sometimes so people don't think I'm like.. sitting their smoldering about something that happened. Because I've gotten anger over it before. Okay, that part wasn't Halo related.

Anyway, that specific bug was noted by Bungie around the Defiant map pack release on their site because Reach has a bug where it can't load more than 2 content items at once. Bungie Pro counts as a content item. So if you had Noble and Bungie Pro's receipt, the game wouldn't load Defiant. The bug actually still exists in TU Reach, so what it seems 343 did was force Reach to manually load Anniversary first if it finds it (hence why the Anniversary maps ignore the alphabetical sort and appear first) . If you still somehow have a Bpro receipt, it'll still block one of the map packs from loading.

In total seriousness if someone mentions a fact.. I remember it. I can recall specific details of a specific day in my childhood if someone brings up something that happened on that day. The Halo 2 How To Be a Jerk site I did entirely from memory.

So when I see Halofax(tm) my brain goes "Saved to disk" and I can recall shit when relevant topics will poll my brain to remember them.

This actually has led me to pretend I don't remember something when talking sometimes so people don't think I'm like.. sitting their smoldering about something that happened. Because I've gotten anger over it before. Okay, that part wasn't Halo related.

Anyway, that specific bug was noted by Bungie around the Defiant map pack release on their site because Reach has a bug where it can't load more than 2 content items at once. Bungie Pro counts as a content item. So if you had Noble and Bungie Pro's receipt, the game wouldn't load Defiant. The bug actually still exists in TU Reach, so what it seems 343 did was force Reach to manually load Anniversary first if it finds it (hence why the Anniversary maps ignore the alphabetical sort and appear first) . If you still somehow have a Bpro receipt, it'll still block one of the map packs from loading.

I've got a similar trigger-to-save memory thing going on. neat.jpg

EDIT: top of the page post? Out of context .gif time!

ibsvNZ9ba7rtBM.gif

Homeboyd

Was about to ask about Jessica. Does she do any of the content posts on waypoint or did bravo take that over completely? Did he take over her old job? What's she up to now?

Fyre, just tell them to hire you already.

AlStrong

ha. Pretty neat explanation. :)

I went looking for my Halo 2 PC key but it is nowhere to be found. I remembered that a while back a dude was just giving away an obscene amount of keys so I tried to find that site to get a new one, but it seems that time has long passed.

RIP Halo 2 PC for me. :(

So dear gents and ladygents. Tonight is a night where many shall convene to practice war simulation in the future, but I find myself asking this; is there any among you who consider themselves very good at Halo? As in, in moderation and being true to oneself, do you all consider yourself good? Pro? Bad? Casual or just ok?
When I consider my own performance, I cant say I'm particularly amazing. However, I am very clever, and I play smart. That is how I am able to not only able to keep up with those people who can no scope across the map whilst looking at Halo orientated lecherous debauchery, but even on many occasions overcome them. Leading to something I very much enjoy; hate mail. I've come to find a certain... apprieciation for when the lower classes moan about their lot in life. It gives me a sense of accomplishment for being born with natural talent and prestige.

So dear gents and ladygents. Tonight is a night where many shall convene to practice war simulation in the future, but I find myself asking this; is there any among you who consider themselves very good at Halo? As in, in moderation and being true to oneself, do you all consider yourself good? Pro? Bad? Casual or just ok?
When I consider my own performance, I cant say I'm particularly amazing. However, I am very clever, and I play smart. That is how I am able to not only able to keep up with those people who can no scope across the map whilst looking at Halo orientated lecherus debauchery, but even on many occasions overcome them. Leading to something I very much enjoy; hate mail. I've come to find a certain... apprieciation for when the lower classes moan about their lot in life. It gives me a sense of accomplishment for being born with natural talent and prestige.

image.php

When I consider my own performance, I cant say I'm particularly amazing. However, I am very clever, and I play smart. That is how I am able to not only able to keep up with those people who can no scope across the map whilst looking at Halo orientated lecherus debauchery, but even on many occasions overcome them. Leading to something I very much enjoy; hate mail. I've come to find a certain... apprieciation for when the lower classes moan about their lot in life. It gives me a sense of accomplishment for being born with natural talent and prestige.

I like to think of my gameplay style like this, but I'm probably just bad.

jem0208

I think I'm definitely above average. I'm by no means a pro but I tend to be in the top 3 players in a match and quite often the best.

Tend to make lots of silly mistakes though.

I like to think of my gameplay style like this, but I'm probably just bad.

I find that the simple folk charge in guns blazing. They die, just like the trenches of the Great War. I simply walk in after the firefight's over and mop up the people who are damaged or dying. Alternatively I play bad, start a shootout, get hit, run away, they chase me thinking I'm a... oh how do the lesser people say it? Noob? I think that's it. Anyways, they give chase, I grenade trap, or lead to another member, or simply hide and have them run past.

-Ryn

Banned
When I consider my own performance, I cant say I'm particularly amazing. However, I am very clever, and I play smart. That is how I am able to not only able to keep up with those people who can no scope across the map whilst looking at Halo orientated lecherous debauchery, but even on many occasions overcome them. Leading to something I very much enjoy; hate mail. I've come to find a certain... apprieciation for when the lower classes moan about their lot in life. It gives me a sense of accomplishment for being born with natural talent and prestige.
I'm decent at the game but I'm not exactly a pro. I can get really fired up and competitive but usually I'm just there to have some fun.

I like taking a risk and getting the most thrill out of the game I can which is awesome when it works. It's one of the reasons I find objective to be the most appealing. I tend to go with whatever I've got at hand and stealth is something I like to think I excel in.

Once upon a time I was great at Halo 1. Mostly played objective games.

I knew every trick in the book. I'd flip around a moving warthog while jumping out in order to launch myself toward objectives. Little known hiding places. Special jumps. All of it. I treated those physics like my personal property.

When I felt like being an ass I'd get myself outside of Sidewinder (more difficult on PC version) and snipe. Sometimes I'd do the remote control glitch with a warthog and then jump in the gunner seat, being my own driver.

I was never as good at another Halo as I was Halo 1. Back then I was in high school and didn't have a job. These days I don't have that sort of time. I still play Halo 1 every now and then but I'm nowhere near as good as I once was.

At modern Halo I'm just average but that's fine, I have fun.

I'm good.

*Get's 6 kills, 8 assists, 10 deaths last night with halogaf.* or my controller randomly shuts off during a game. Ugh...

Frankie, I'll see to your 3sk strategy in Swat with my Sprint + 2x beat down tactic

TheXbox

I'm pretty fucking bad, not gonna lie. Pisses me off because I do well in every other shooter I don't care about, and Halo is the only one where I struggle. Never broke 40 in Halo 3, best K/D is around 1.3. I don't want to talk about Halo 2.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My skill varies per game. I'm pretty darn good at Reach and 4, but only pretty good at 3. I haven't played enough CE or Halo 2 to know how I am with those ones. I LAN'd some CE a few months ago with a bunch of people who've been playing it since it came out and I got my ass kicked. It feels so different than the other Halo games.

I'm decent at the game but I'm not exactly a pro. I can get really fired up and competitive but usually I'm just there to have some fun.

I like taking a risk and getting the most thrill out of the game I can which is awesome when it works. It's one of the reasons I find objective to be the most appealing. I tend to go with whatever I've got at hand and stealth is something I like to think I excel in.

I usually play alone, fight better that way, but I do enjoy the occasional bout into objectives. In which case I tend to hang on in defensive, whilst that might limit my kills only to those with the sense to bypass the plesbians and go straight for the bomb/flag, it also means my deaths will be minimul as I tend not to die much on the defensive. People have used the work 'camper' at me in those cases, but rest assured, my get up is Assault rifle, DMR, or BR only. I barely ever touch power weapons, let the commoners use them. One as rich as I does not need an edge. So if I'm camping, then it's the fairest and honourable camper you've ever seen.
I don't stick in a corner as well, I patrol a small but roomy area.

At modern Halo I'm just average but that's fine, I have fun.

Being true to oneself and his limitations is a treasure in itself.

I'm good.

*Get's 6 kills, 8 assists, 10 deaths last night with halogaf.* or my controller randomly shuts off during a game. Ugh...

Frankie, I'll see to your 3sk strategy in Swat with my Sprint + 2x beat down tactic

I personally find that if don't have at least double my deaths in kills, I was defeated. A Lord must be at least 3 times better than the common man.

I'm pretty fucking bad, not gonna lie. Pisses me off because I do well in every other shooter I don't care about, and Halo is the only one where I struggle. Never broke 40 in Halo 3, best K/D is around 1.3. I don't want to talk about Halo 2.

My sympathies, perhaps if you're bad enough you'll have a charity and a kickstarter named after you to treat how bad you are. *Sophisticated rich noble condenscending laugh*

My skill varies per game. I'm pretty darn good at Reach and 4, but only pretty good at 3. I haven't played enough CE or Halo 2 to know how I am with those ones. I LAN'd some CE a few months ago with a bunch of people who've been playing it since it came out and I got my ass kicked. It feels so different than the other Halo games.

You tell those men that being good and Halo CE is like being the best privateer in the west indies. It is outdated, and your actions are frowned upon by your betters for ruining trades and businesses.

Self-rating your own skill always seems to be a dubious proposition to me.

You think you bad and then you play thruster-packing headshot robots...

Anyway, if stats interest you (and they do interest me), here's the HaloCharts page where you cannot only see your combined record across games but player averages:

Self-rating your own skill always seems to be a dubious proposition to me.

You think you bad and then you play thruster-packing headshot robots...

Anyway, if stats interest you (and they do interest me), here's the HaloCharts page where you cannot only see your combined record across games but player averages:

wow such KD many high

halo 2 coddled babbies confurmed

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
According to HaloCharts, my K/D is:

1.22 for Halo 3
1.69 for Reach
1.59 for Halo 4

About what I expected. I'm really curious to see how I fair in Halo 2 come November.

Top Bottom