• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

They really need to put Doubles into the playlist.. Why it's missing kind of baffles me, there is clearly a need for it, people want to play doubles.

dwells

Playlists are better than expected. Ideally I would've loved to have seen dedicated Halo 2 only Team Hardcore, Team Slayer, Team Objective, and BTB playlists. Really, I just want to hop in a time machine and go back to late 2005/2006 and play Halo 2 again.

Also, why is the Team Hardcore playlist Halo 2 and Halo 3 instead of Halo 1 and Halo 2?

Click here to subscribe to my Soundcloud.

yrKGMn4.gif

Impala26

Yeah, I can't cite a specific reference but I recall them saying none of your armor unlocks, achievements, experience, etc. would carry over.

Speaking of armor, did they CONFIRM how armor unlocks (Halo 3/4) are going to work? Are they all going to be unlocked at start or is there going to be like an "abridged" multiplayer (or achievement-based) unlock system? Also did they say there were any armor customizations (besides color) for H2A?

Frankly I'm going to be happy just to see Elites wort wort worting it up in multi again!
:D

That's terrible.
H2A AR is more like the H4 AR with more range. Halo 3 AR was trash, so disregard that unless you actually hate both lol. They want to make it the weapon between SMG <--> BR range.

Interested to try it out and to see its aim assist since it received a range buff.

Impala26

H2A AR is more like the H4 AR with more range. Halo 3 AR was trash, so disregard that unless you actually hate both lol. They want to make it the weapon between SMG <--> BR range.

Interested to try it out and to see its aim assist since it received a range buff.

Halo 4 AR is BEST AR!

*raises flame shield*

What's wrong with the H3 AR? Seemed balanced to me.

Halo 4 AR is absolutely the best AR. As long as the BR's a four-shot kill and you spawn with both you're still going to win all the engagements you're supposed to with a precision rifle. There's nothing inherently wrong with a powerful AR as long as it's restricted to being powerful up close; the whole point is that it keeps gunplay possible from spawn at close ranges rather than devolving into a melee-fest.

Well in terms of the "best" it would be CE. That clip is HUGE.
Yeah and fills its role as an automatic very well. It shreds the Pistol up close, not to mention has that interesting trait where you can activate Camo quicker, meaning you'd want to drop the Pistol if you had Camo and were about to get Rockets.

Can't remember another Halo game where I'd want to drop the BR/DMR though ;b

EDIT:
What's wrong with the H3 AR? Seemed balanced to me.
It's not really a useful part of the sandbox. It's outperformed up close and at range by not only the SMG, but the BR as well.

Impala26

Halo 4 AR is absolutely the best AR. As long as the BR's a four-shot kill and you spawn with both you're still going to win all the engagements you're supposed to with a precision rifle. There's nothing inherently wrong with a powerful AR as long as it's restricted to being powerful up close; the whole point is that it keeps gunplay possible from spawn at close ranges rather than devolving into a melee-fest.

This calls for a good .gif showing Halo 3 simultaneous beatdowns with two players thrown away from each other like electromagnets...

(someone find one please!)

FyreWulff

eSports and Hardcore being Halo 2 and Halo 3 MLG gametypes without the MLG name (how else am I supposed to read "tournament approved") seems extremely redundant.

I don't even know how that's justified.

Hardcore sounds like you'll be playing Halo 2 hardcore, then you'll be playing Halo 3 gametypes that are trying to emulate Halo 2 in the same playlist.

Why not make hardcore just a 'pure' hardcore, BR start, no radar, longer game times and harder to complete objectives, but most of the sandbox/map selection. and eSports can be the playlist that's run by one person again?

Booshka

I hope for you CE purists the net code is good, I always had bad lag in the PC version.

I doubt it, and if it is bad like I fear it will be, hopefully it will be worked on.

Really disappointing that there isn't 2v2 no radar TS for Halo CE in those playlists. Hopefully when the 2v2 playlists gets rotated in, 2v2 in CE will get a lot of love and the demand will be there for it to stay.

Also going to be interesting to see how CE in this collection is like a mix of the PC version with Original Xbox "touches" to make it seem like the game it should be. We'll see how the finer details of the port affect the overall play in Multiplayer.

Probably getting a little too Gravity Gauntlet with this, but I'd like to see a technically esoteric weapon whose main feature is that its projectiles increase in speed over distance. Bullet drop could be applied as necessary for balancing reasons, but it'd be cool to see a Grenade Launcher-esque projectile that actually gets more lethal and difficult to dodge over substantial differences, possibly in an anti-sniper / anti-aircraft role.

Woorloog

Banned
Probably getting a little too Gravity Gauntlet with this, but I'd like to see a technically esoteric weapon whose main feature is that its projectiles increase in speed over distance. Bullet drop could be applied as necessary for balancing reasons, but it'd be cool to see a Grenade Launcher-esque projectile that actually gets more lethal and difficult to dodge over substantial differences, possibly in an anti-sniper / anti-aircraft role.

So... Gyrojet rifle? Well, kind of. Realistically the rocket shells would travel rather fast right away but i figure the concept can be adapted for the weapon you describe easily enough.
EDIT no, wait, IIRC the issue with gyrojets was the lack of fast muzzle velocity, which impacted accuracy negatively as well.

Fuchsdh

I can't remember what game series it was, but I remember a dev talking about a cut sniper rifle that homed, but had a tradeoff over distance; up closer it was far weaker but more likely to track a strafing target, then it gathered momentum and lethality the further away the bullet or energy pulse or whatever it was travelled—at the same time reducing the homing effect. Was always interested in seeing exactly how that sort of weapon would play out.

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah and fills its role as an automatic very well. It shreds the Pistol up close, not to mention has that interesting trait where you can activate Camo quicker, meaning you'd want to drop the Pistol if you had Camo and were about to get Rockets.

Can't remember another Halo game where I'd want to drop the BR/DMR though ;b

EDIT:
It's not really a useful part of the sandbox. It's outperformed up close and at range by not only the SMG, but the BR as well.
I think that it actually performing its role well is the most important part of that. If you are fighting a dude who has an AR at close range with a weapon like the BR or even the Pistol, you should be at a disadvantage. The Halo 3 AR was only really good for lowering shields enough to melee. Even Reach wasn't efficient enough.

That sounds really cool. Once it hits a certain speed it looks like it breaks the sound barrier and then EXPLODES on the impact with whatever. If it hits anything before that it just does regular damage...
I've been watching a lot of anime

Sephzilla

I like the sound of this.

BigShow36

I hope for you CE purists the net code is good, I always had bad lag in the PC version.

Me too. Halo CE online is literally the only reason I'm considering this purchase, and if the netcode is bad or the gameplay is altered it's going to be incredibly frustrating.

I doubt it, and if it is bad like I fear it will be, hopefully it will be worked on.

Really disappointing that there isn't 2v2 no radar TS for Halo CE in those playlists. Hopefully when the 2v2 playlists gets rotated in, 2v2 in CE will get a lot of love and the demand will be there for it to stay.

Also going to be interesting to see how CE in this collection is like a mix of the PC version with Original Xbox "touches" to make it seem like the game it should be. We'll see how the finer details of the port affect the overall play in Multiplayer.

Has it been confirmed that the gameplay was altered/blended with Halo PC gameplay? That would be super disappointing if so.

-Ryn

Banned
I remember when dedicated servers were talked about as if they were the solution to all online problems.

lol

Though they are still an improvement

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder if TMCC will allow P2P games in MM as a back-up option if the actual game dedis are down for some reason? Or if they're down, is the whole MM likely down as well?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
YES, I can finally get Perfection medals once every four months again.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Dedicated servers can feel very much like LAN depending on your location to the server. I get 10-20ms to Dallas servers and I live in Houston. Now if someone from NYC decides to play on a Dallas server, they're going to be pinging well into the high 80-90s. That can be awful for them, but on my end, my shots will register just fine, but for them it will be delayed.

Was watching some bugs bunny while posting on these forums and I couldn't put a finger on it, but Elmer Fudd reminds me of someone we know....

4O6c2D9.gif

Top Bottom