• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

NOKYARD

I'm assuming that Action Sack/Infection/Grifball/whatever might be one fused rotational playlist.

Looks pretty good otherwise.
Most of the Grifball community agree that a rotational playlist with very high numbers is preferable to a fixed playlist with 300 players. Grifball weekend in Halo 3 was an event, sometimes reaching as high as 40,000 players.

You should get that list checked in this thread, if you haven't already. :p
Been lurking that community's threads for years. That's where i got the idea in the first place. All parts other than the processor & water cooler have just arrived.

matthieuC

Most of the Grifball community agree that a rotational playlist with very high numbers is preferable to a fixed playlist with 300 players. Grifball weekend in Halo 3 was an event, sometimes reaching as high as 40,000 players.
Agreed. Back in Halo 3, every time that grifball popped up on the weekends it was a good change of pace and fun and exciting. New courts were added in as well each weekend if I remember correctly, which was also fun.

FyreWulff

Yeah, there's definitely playlists that work better as rotational. There's just some where it's fun when it's around for a bit, but when it's permanent it just feels like burn out after a while.

JDHarbs

I'm assuming they haven't announced how long the rotations will last. Probably the same timespan as 4's? I'd like to look forward to a new playlist every week.

Deception

Ya I think weekend event on top of weekly rotational playlist are a good idea that could satisfy some of the needs the community wants as well as be a testing ground for future rotational playlist.

Imagine a weekend playlist of non-stop Blood Gulch/Coag/Bloodline or a greatest hits infection playlist or action sack esque playlist over every game. Could be really fun.

Mix

I'm assuming they haven't announced how long the rotations will last. Probably the same timespan as 4's? I'd like to look forward to a new playlist every week.
I'm pretty sure either the article or Frankie said one week at a time.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...-day-multiplayer-playlists-revealed-ign-first

So let me get this straight...I can't at launch enter a playlist that guarantees me/my team objective matches NOT mixed with slayer? Am I interpreting this right?

I still don't understand why these basic playlists > player/team leader toggles > matchmaking > dynamic voting isn't the defacto standard in Halo. Closer games, skills and actual player choice with less hit and miss from developer sustain.

Cow

So let me get this straight...I can't at launch enter a playlist that guarantees me/my team objective matches NOT mixed with slayer? Am I interpreting this right?
Technically slayer is an objective gametype. I think it's great they're mixing it up. Embrace it.

Welfare

Lol that DLC bug fix is long over due.

Also don't expect the Weekly playlist thing to last in the MCC. Halo 4 had that as well at launch, and then went into 2 week updates. Now it feels like it doesn't get updated at all.

Madness

Me too. Halo CE online is literally the only reason I'm considering this purchase, and if the netcode is bad or the gameplay is altered it's going to be incredibly frustrating.

Has it been confirmed that the gameplay was altered/blended with Halo PC gameplay? That would be super disappointing if so.

"Halo: CE's multiplayer maps are the PC versions of the maps due to resolution, but their settings, such as spawn points, are set to make them play exactly as the original Xbox versions (i.e. the Banshee won't be on Blood Gulch)"

Here is what IGN said a few days ago. Don't know if this answers your question though.

Akai__

Been lurking that community's threads for years. That's where i got the idea in the first place. All parts other than the processor & water cooler have just arrived.

Do you plan on getting more parts later on? That 750W PSU is kinda overkill and your estimated wattage was 333W or something. However, that's a pretty good price for a quality PSU.

Please post pics, if you finished the build. :)

I love how after Chief drunkenly falls out of the Ghost he da-da-da-daa-daa's a riff on the Star Wars theme.

My favorite part's probably the way OGKEGSTER233 or whatever his name is' voice cracks as he's yelling at them for saying "ghost" twice, though.

I love how after Chief drunkenly falls out of the Ghost he da-da-da-daa-daa's a riff on the Star Wars theme.

My favorite part's probably the way OGKEGSTER233 or whatever his name is' voice cracks as he's yelling at them for saying "ghost" twice, though.

The whole part about the bro saying that Halo and Destiny are nothing alike was pretty great. Though I can attest to the allure of chests with glimmer/accessories...

Found this interesting:

"If you pick up the 2010 re-issue of Halo: First Strike, you’ll also be treated to a few extra bits of very intriguing additions to the fiction at the end of the book. In fact, First Strike’s ancillary additions in particular contains some details that are even more relevant to the current state of the Halo universe, and maybe even certain things to come."
(from this week's Halo Bulletin)

If anyone recalls, it was a short story about a journalist in contact with Cortana about a way to kill the Flood without firing the Halo Array. Veeerrry interesting....

Top Bottom