• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Madness

I was in Grade 12, and went to the bathroom near my biology class and on way back I saw through the door of my Grade 11 chemistry teachers' class and he had his Xbox hooked up to the class television, and while his students were just reading their textbooks and working, he was playing through Cairo Station and Outskirts. I must've been standing there for a good ten minutes because I couldn't play on launch day till school was over and he had already bought it and was playing it. He finally saw me in the hall and yelled at me to go back to my class. That was the draw of Halo 2 back then. That even teachers would go out and buy the game early, and play it in class in front of students.

That teacher was a huge fan as well, he'd often times hook his Xbox up during or after class and have multiplayer matches in CE. I don't know if he ever bought Halo 3. His gamertag didn't seem to be updated when Xbox 360 came out and I was already in university and he became assistant principal elsewhere.

Impala26

I was in Grade 12, and went to the bathroom near my biology class and on way back I saw through the door of my Grade 11 chemistry teachers' class and he had his Xbox hooked up to the class television, and while his students were just reading their textbooks and working, he was playing through Cairo Station and Outskirts. I must've been standing there for a good ten minutes because I couldn't play on launch day till school was over and he had already bought it and was playing it. He finally saw me in the hall and yelled at me to go back to my class. That was the draw of Halo 2 back then. That even teachers would go out and buy the game early, and play it in class in front of students.

That teacher was a huge fan as well, he'd often times hook his Xbox up during or after class and have multiplayer matches in CE. I don't know if he ever bought Halo 3. His gamertag didn't seem to be updated when Xbox 360 came out and I was already in university and he became assistant principal elsewhere.

And "The Most Badass Teacher of the Year" Award goes too...

That's fantastic!

Booties

Banned

Dude probably plays CE lan only in his office with the other admins. Good story, Madness.

That reminds me, there was always a summer day fair or w/e they called it every year at school. We got special permission to set up a LAN party in the library and play Halo 2 all day instead of going outside with all the "cool" kids.

REKT SOME FACE.

RIP

I have Cox too and I have one of the worst connections in halogaf
lol i have u-verse now, but not much better.

Speedy got banned. lame. I find it highly distasteful when people post other member's tweets to a forum if the intent is to publicly shame, especially on a reputable forum like neogaf that literally consists of thousands of members. Exceptions might obviously include personal attacks on other forum members, but even then it should probably be brought to the attention of mods quietly. As such, I think it should be an equally bannable offense to use twitter to try and embarrass people. That's pathetic. Neogaf shouldn't be a place for public shaming like that. What you say on the actual forum is a different matter, however (aka fair game).

lol i have u-verse now, but not much better.

Speedy got banned. lame. I find it highly distasteful when people post other member's tweets to a forum if the intent is to publicly shame, especially on a reputable forum like neogaf that literally consists of thousands of members. Exceptions might obviously include personal attacks on other forum members, but even then it should probably be brought to the attention of mods quietly. As such, I think it should be an equally bannable offense to use twitter to try and embarrass people. That's pathetic. Neogaf shouldn't be a place for public shaming like that. What you say on the actual forum is a different matter, however (aka fair game).

What happened?

LASO Master should be way more than 50gs. It should unlock some awesome armor or flaming codpiece, something really noteworthy.

edit: Beating the Par score/time achievements are really great.

Havok

A Halo release without any garbage multiplayer achievements might actually be the actual biggest sign of 343's progress I've seen. That's not a backhanded compliment, I'm legitimately very impressed because of how prolonged that problem has been across such a huge portion of the series' existence.

Emphasizing speedruns and easter eggs over "kill 47 people with only melees to their toe while whistling the Halo theme loud enough to drown out your matchmade teammates' anguish as you lose the game for them!" is an actual big step forward in showing an understanding about how people play the game.

Madness

And "The Most Badass Teacher of the Year" Award goes too...

That's fantastic!

Oh he was. One of those teachers you just know everyone remembers. Looked like a young Walter White now that I think about it, was a Chem genius. Would go all out on Halloween too, come dressed as some elaborate expensive thing. Whatever school got him as an assistant principal is lucky. Always down to play sports against the other students after school like Hockey or Lacrosse.

Dude probably plays CE lan only in his office with the other admins. Good story, Madness.

He was crazy good at CE and loved the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he played Halo 3 and lamented about the 'good ole CE' days.

^Every game has that, par time means a certain time or score. You will want to get under the par time and over the par score. It is part of the new campaign leader boards feature apperently

5G
Heading to his Destiny
Halo 3: Destined for greatness.

I thought that was an ODST easter egg?

A Halo release without any garbage multiplayer achievements might actually be the actual biggest sign of 343's progress I've seen. That's not a backhanded compliment, I'm legitimately very impressed because of how prolonged that problem has been across such a huge portion of the series' existence.

Emphasizing speedruns and easter eggs over "kill 47 people with only melees to their toe while whistling the Halo theme loud enough to drown out your matchmade teammates anguish as you lose the game for them!" is an actual big step forward in showing an understanding about how people play the game.
Exactly, a much appreciated move. Makes me wonder if the H3 armor will be unlocked at the start, or if you'll have to...uh, jump through the same old hoops.

Woorloog

Banned
Black Eye i can deal with, ODST Firefight required learning to deal with it.
Blind? I hate it so much.
I have done a SLASO run on one level (can't recall the level i did on though), once (in Halo 3). It wasn't fun in anyway. I can't recall why i played it. Certainly don't want to do it ever again. Playing should be fun, achievements should be fun. EDIT i'll still take Two For One over LASOs. I've done it so many times. And it is damn cool to get it, despite it being rather luck-dependent.

uwdanman

Neo Member
Anyone notice the description about achievements with an asterisk (*) next to them being tied to leaderboards? All 89 of those have to do with beating the 'par time' of a Halo 1-4 level. Somehow they will be linked to time of mission completion.

I think the leaderboards will now have some sort of speedrun tracking built in. I think that could be a cool feature and a nod to the community that has been doing speedrunning since Halo came out.

At least there's no achievements in multiplayer that would make you play in a strange way or promote boosting. Unless I missed one.

That's so freaking important. I'm not an achievement guy and usually want to make fun of those who do.... But this was darn impressive looking for a list. No more "get a triple kill with the needler" nonsense.

NOKYARD

Scurty Bump. Priceless.

I applaud the person who actually gets all 4000 gs, they deserve every Halo ever for free for life.
Challenge accepted!

Exactly, a much appreciated move. Makes me wonder if the H3 armor will be unlocked at the start, or if you'll have to...uh, jump through the same old hoops.
Unlocked, i believe.

Do you plan on getting more parts later on? That 750W PSU is kinda overkill and your estimated wattage was 333W or something. However, that's a pretty good price for a quality PSU.
Leaving headroom for Broadwell & SLI which should be around 530W.

That's so freaking important. I'm not an achievement guy and usually want to make fun of those who do.... But this was darn impressive looking for a list. No more "get a triple kill with the needler" nonsense.

Yup, I was really dreading getting some of the Halo 3 ones again, I got so lucky with some of them, like 2 kills with a spartan laser in lone wolves.

Madness

Seems like the Halo 4 achievements are the same ones. I don't have those ones currently like carry a UNSC weapon all the way through etc.

Thankfully, I've been able to control my OCD over achievements and no longer spend entire days trying to go for a single one I might have missed. I don't care if I never get any of these. At least there is no multiplayer ones that will screw up matches or ranks.

Akai__

Those achievements are actually pretty cool. Most of them are easy obtainable.

The achievement where you have to have four people on one console is bad, I don't want to buy four gamepads. -_-

There is a mod, where you can connect Xbox 360 controllers on the Xbox One. Not sure, if it still works. We had a thread somewhere at NeoGAF.

Otherwise, you will have to rent them. But yeah, pretty bad achievement. :/

Leaving headroom for Broadwell & SLI which should be around 530W.

Cool. :)

RoKKeR

Welp, it will be fun to hunt for as much as possible while avoiding the LASO achievements... I just don't have the time or patience for that.

Would be a miracle if I got to 3000 haha, I guess that's the goal.

A Long Time Ago
Halo 4: Play a game of Halo 4 on the 6th of any month.

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

Just kidding, I was planning on playing it anyways.

Top Bottom