• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

CE Magnum is outdated and needs 100% bloom to compensate the ADS and Recoil.
Nope, team just worked late nights first chance they got in between MCC tasks.
You monsters.
"Halo: CE's multiplayer maps are the PC versions of the maps due to resolution, but their settings, such as spawn points, are set to make them play exactly as the original Xbox versions (i.e. the Banshee won't be on Blood Gulch)"

Here is what IGN said a few days ago. Don't know if this answers your question though.
'Tis a shame. I would've loved to use the Banshee on Blood Gulch. For those who played a lot of Halo PC, was it broken on that map?

Omni

I got three achievements. I only need 4 more now... which is doable. But meh. I can't be bothered with it. MCC comes out in a month. If I play campaign now I'll burn myself out

Madness

Holy shit, just got 9 achievements unlocked for 240 gamerscore.

Edit: all I have left is a few campaign ones and the bullseye DLC ones. It's sad I've yet to even see the new map vertigo once in multiplayer, and I only found Pit once as well.

Fuchsdh

Found this interesting:

(from this week's Halo Bulletin)

If anyone recalls, it was a short story about a journalist in contact with Cortana about a way to kill the Flood without firing the Halo Array. Veeerrry interesting....

Might also just be a reference to the fact that the journalist shows up briefly in Halo Escalation (and might appear later on in future media as well.)

I just unlocked 13 achievements for popping in Halo 4. It was all the DLC achievements. Now I'm motivated to get the rest of the achievements because they're all possible to get without some amount of luck.

Madness

I just unlocked 13 achievements for popping in Halo 4. It was all the DLC achievements. Now I'm motivated to get the rest of the achievements because they're all possible to get without some amount of luck.

The just unlocked all the achievements? Damn, because I knew a few were glitched and I never got them, a few castle ones. I legitimately got all the other ones. Now They Fly took me forever and I only got it when I no longer cared to try and get it. It's on my file share.

I can't wait till I can easily share clips without having to pay for Bungie Pro or whatever is used these days.

All I know is playing on dedis and NOT playing on dedis was like night and day on Gears 3. The netcode in general was a LOT stronger than it was in Gears 1/2, but only the people who bought the DLC got to play on dedicated servers(pretty sneaky epic). You couldn't even get matched up with people who didn't have them, they had em all in this little ghetto totally oblivious...sometimes we'd play with a guy who didn't have the maps, omg was there a difference.
For real. I still play, my boy recently picked it up and didn't get the season pass for a few weeks. The difference is unbelievable. Straight up feels like a different game.

It's not perfect, but it's damn good.

Again, gears 3 was fantastic.

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
Frankie, when are you gonna reprise your role as tour guide and show off 343i? I know the tenth anniversary of Halo 2 is important and all, but what about the tenth anniversary of

2cdj8XA.jpg

This video?

Mix

I gotta tell you guys, in this hour of hope and excitement, that I love all of you. This community is full of shitty, funny, and fantastic people and I look forward to playing Halo with you all again very soon.

We are 31 days away.

I'm expecting it to be mostly standard, with a few WTF multiplayer achievements and a few that just seem punishingly difficult.

You just know there's gonna be one for S/LASO all together. And it'll be worth just enough that you want to show off, and not quite enough to cry the entire way through.

I gotta tell you guys, in this hour of hope and excitement, that I love all of you. This community is full of shitty, funny, and fantastic people and I look forward to playing Halo with you all again very soon.

We are 31 days away.

One love. I actually am pretty new to GAF, so it'll be cool playing these games with you guys :D

Madness

Would Halo 2 Anniversary play or be the way it is if it wasn't for the fan hate/backlash for Reach and Halo 4?

The more I watch videos, the more I'm thinking, this is what Halo 4 should have been.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Would Halo 2 Anniversary play or be the way it is if it wasn't for the fan hate/backlash for Reach and Halo 4?

The more I watch videos, the more I'm thinking, this is what Halo 4 should have been.

I feel the same.

Although I think it's more of an indication when you discuss their vision for Halo 5 rather than H2A. H2A seems like it always had to be the way it is. Since it was an Anniversary version, just like HCE anniversary.

But with Halo 5, I think they are taking feedback from H4 very seriously.

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
You know what's funny?

He says at the end of the video, "...or until we move to new offices." They haven't moved offices yet, therefore he's still good!

True, but it must have changed considerably since 343 took over the place. I just liked all the interaction with all of the employees. Especially the bit where Frankie pretended to be Marty.

Madness

I feel the same.

Although I think it's more of an indication when you discuss their vision for Halo 5 rather than H2A. H2A seems like it always had to be the way it is. Since it was an Anniversary version, just like HCE anniversary.

But with Halo 5, I think they are taking feedback from H4 very seriously.

Yeah, but they could have kept Halo 4 base gameplay like they did in Reach. The beta will be a good indicator, and from what we've heard so far, seems to follow a more classic gameplay experience. Though they could be trying to win over the SALT group and pros with their 4v4 focus, before dropping any Infinity 2.0 and sprint, possibly ADS bombs.

Yeah, but they could have kept Halo 4 base gameplay like they did in Reach. The beta will be a good indicator, and from what we've heard so far, seems to follow a more classic gameplay experience. Though they could be trying to win over the SALT group and pros with their 4v4 focus, before dropping any Infinity 2.0 and sprint, possibly ADS bombs.
Yeah seems like a toss up right now. I'd like to think that the early nature of the beta and the open ears of 343 will mean they're willing to make significant changes based off the feedback they receive on the beta.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is totally baseless speculation, but I think we'll see 343 be very faithful to the classic 4v4 gameplay, but that we'll also see them try new, weird, and controversial things with the BTB experience. The people who are drawn to BTB aren't nearly as narrow minded and particular as 4v4 fans (I mean that in the best possible way). I think we'll see the max player count finally go beyond 8v8. I think we'll see bigger maps. I think we'll see some of the ideas that were introduced in Invasion and Dominion iterated upon and improved. I think we'll see things like air strikes as new power-ups / mini objectives to fight over.

Again: this is all baseless speculation, but I have a hunch. Honestly, I think it could be really awesome. Just keep that classic 4v4 experience intact, too!

I remember how crazy popular 2v2's used to be and how they laid the foundation for Halo gameplay and map design. They emphasized taking splitscreen into account, and considering a majority of Halo's fanbase didn't play online at the time, it makes sense. Maps like Lockout, Midship, most of CE maps, etc.

CE + 2v2 = some of the most incredible matches of Halo gameplay around - OGRES were undefeated for a long time (or maybe they ended up undefeated? I can't recall.). They died down with Halo 2 and practically fell off the face of the Earth after Halo 3. Kill times went up, the focus kept being on 4v4's and BTB. Eventually the focus lead to 5v5/BTB and now we're clamoring for a return to 4v4's while 2v2's get the shaft (at least initially).

2v2's need to be emphasized more IMO, especially since it'll be quicker to find matches online and easier to set up tournaments/events, whether with friends or for money. There was something special to that "Spawn on your Bro, Co-Op style" joke that came with Reach's Invasion because Halo players LOVE their partners. Don't deny the <3

-Ryn

Banned
Aside from a surprise reveal that clans have returned I can't really think of anything else that IGN will cover that might interest me greatly. Some CTF gameplay on Bloodline would be cool though.
Oh and Forge.
And Theater.
And Invasion coming back...

and a sneak peak at the Beta.

This is totally baseless speculation, but I think we'll see 343 be very faithful to the classic 4v4 gameplay, but that we'll also see them try new, weird, and controversial things with the BTB experience. The people who are drawn to BTB aren't nearly as narrow minded and particular as 4v4 fans (I mean that in the best possible way). I think we'll see the max player count finally go beyond 8v8. I think we'll see bigger maps. I think we'll see some of the ideas that were introduced in Invasion and Dominion iterated upon and improved. I think we'll see things like air strikes as new power-ups / mini objectives to fight over.

Again: this is all baseless speculation, but I have a hunch. Honestly, I think it could be really awesome. Just keep that classic 4v4 experience intact, too!
Halo has always been good about having variety. Hopefully it continues to expand that.
It's too bad it's only going to be 4v4 in the beta but on the bright side there were going to be about 9 maps in it correct?

We are 31 days away.
giphy.gif

It's gonna be a blast

Has anyone seen this yet? If not, just trust me and watch it.
Loved the dude bro alternate but the original was a laugh too.

We are 31 days away.
Dang I meant to post about today being exactly 1 month away from TMCC release at midnight and forgot. You've got things covered though. Can't wait. Frustrating not even having an xbox one to play other games on yet. Just need to be patient.

JonCha

I disagree with you about people being much more open minded - people didn't like Halo 4 full stop. Creating a more 'classic' experience for 4v4 and then going in a very different direction for BTB would, at least imo, come over badly.

My hunch is H5 will be a mix of 'classic' Halo and Halo 4. The armour abilities (which we haven't heard much about, it should be added) reflect that.

Madness

Yeah seems like a toss up right now. I'd like to think that the early nature of the beta and the open ears of 343 will mean they're willing to make significant changes based off the feedback they receive on the beta.

Yeah, I think they also want to avoid any potential hiccups like the Halo 4 launch. I mean when they removed Slayer Pro, there was no real competitive playlist for a month+. Imagine all the changes that happened after the fact. The global ordnance, instant respawn, bringing X on Death back, nerfing the boltshot somewhat.

I think the same thing. That they know those who want a competitive or more classic experience will be the most vocal and most likely to shift public opinion of the game. So they try to make the classic 4v4 experience enjoyable. They'll see how much pros and communities enjoyed it even with their Spartan Abilities. If people like it, they might also add in their own gameplay for launch, and say that much like the beta, the more classic experience you liked is already there. But I don't know personally if it'll work. One of the big problems with Halo 4 was that the gameplay was so radically different.

Having another Slayer Classic and Slayer Pro vs Infinity Slayer 2.0 will create the same problem. The player base will be split down on the core gameplay changes. I also think we'll see larger than 8v8, not that I'd necessarily want it and I agree, most BTB players are very casual (don't mean this in a bad way), they'd be more accepting of changes like newer, crazier vehicles, larger maps, more interactive, stuff.

I would just hate though if Halo 4 beta gameplay is only one side of the coin, the other is a return of sprint, loadouts, personal ordnance, possibly even ADS for those who liked Halo 4 or Infinity Halo.

TheOddOne

Well, that GamesTM issue got some hot scoops.
Halo 5 plans to build on what Halo 4 trailed in the Spartan Ops section of the game, although it’s going to be a bit more experimental than Halo 4’s episode mission structure: this time, Microsoft is going to run a dedicated TV series alongside Guardians. This has only been done once before – with Syfy’s Defiance cross-releasing as a game and ongoing TV show.

But this isn’t a Chief story–at least not centrally. Both Nightfall and Guardians will revolve around newcomer James Locke–a surly UNSC-drafted soldier brought in to hunt Master Chief down after he goes rogue following the events of Halo 4.
Chief is pursuing the traitorous Dr. Halsey– the women responsible for creating the Spartans and Cortana—in the hopes that she can restore Cortana to her former working parameters (the AI is, after all, modeled on Halsey herself).

The live-action portion of the whole Halo 5 package will focus on Locke travelling to a planet new to the Halo universe to quieten a threatening Covenant presence. “[Nightfall] is basically Locke dealing with the terrorist threat immediately,” explains Colter.
“There’s a treaty with the Covenant and Locke goes to the planet Sedra because he suspects there’s been a breach of the treaty. There’s talk of a bomb that’s been built and that’s a direct violation.”

Madness

Some choice quotes from the GamesTM guardians preview. Might be considered a spoiler for Halo 5 story.

"This isn't a Chief story," reads their preview of next year's Xbox One exclusive, "At least not centrally. Both Nightfall and Guardians will revolve around newcomer Jameson Locke - a surly UNSC-drafted soldier brought in to hunt Master Chief down after he goes rogue, following the events of Halo 4."

Chief is pursuing the traitorous Dr. Halsey - the woman responsible for creating the Spartans and Cortana - in the hopes that she can restore Cortana to her former working perameters."

-Ryn

Banned
That is disturbingly depressingly accurate
I am still amazed that they named their currency "glimmer".

141009060747453612.jpg

GamesTM pls.
"...destroy the console war."

If only...

But this isn&#8217;t a Chief story&#8211;at least not centrally. Both Nightfall and Guardians will revolve around newcomer James Locke&#8211;a surly UNSC-drafted soldier brought in to hunt Master Chief down after he goes rogue following the events of Halo 4.
Chief is pursuing the traitorous Dr. Halsey&#8211; the women responsible for creating the Spartans and Cortana&#8212;in the hopes that she can restore Cortana to her former working parameters (the AI is, after all, modeled on Halsey herself).

Wait... Cortana is in that chip still?

I can already see Halsey sitting in a rotating chair smoking a space cigar with a space eye patch.

Random17

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that
this isn't the Chief's story. While I'm quite happy with the addition of Locke, a lot of the fanbase would not be happy with the Chief being sidelined in a game featuring him, and frankly the talk in the past few weeks is probably making some of them nervous. While it is possible that the Chief may not be sidelined in Halo 5, the recent reveals seem to suggest otherwise.

Bungie made a smart move by focusing the marketing on the Chief before Halo 2's release, which made the Arbiter's reveal a surprise. While that is not possible with Locke anymore, I personally think that it is dangerous to spend too much of the marketing time focused on him.

Oh, and I'm going to resist the temptation and play Halo CEA before Halo 2A. Just so I can get them in order, and also see the contrast between the two games' remake styles.

Emphasis on "Treacherous" how nice.

I think that's pretty evident since Osman ordered her pet Palmer to ice halsey.

Now I think, like I've mentioned before,
Is that as chief mets with her to get cortana model 2.0 ONI see's that he's conspiring with a treator hence why they are searching "hunting" him. Arbiter has other plans to save him by seeking Locke's help perhaps and disobeying ONI directives. Also, since chief is not listening to orders and continuing on his missions with Blue team on other plants saving outer civi colonies from Covenant Invasions. And then Halsey finds him instead knowing his socio pathic tendencies are getting worse without Cortana. To fill in that broken gap with the new model. Temporarily. ONI then sends their batch of Spartan fireteam to eliminate them both and retrieve that A.I. Model. Former Captain of the Infinity ship could be also conspiring on the ops mission to hunt chief down as well. Idk. Just my thoughts. Janus Key is a big issue as well, no doubt.

Top Bottom