• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
this is for kylej

0509_66uho.gif

Mix

Okay, so, I'm bad at this kinda stuff.

I am getting a laptop for Graduation, and I'm getting it on a bit of a budget. could someone look at this laptop and tell me if it'll be good for games like Halo 2 or Minecraft or things like that? just a decent FPS would be good. Thanks in advance!

Edit: wow, I can't believe I didn't link to it. here it is http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/NX.Y1UAA.030

Well they both have campaign and competitive multiplayer unlike Destiny which is open world and is more focussed on co-op play.

I think Cyren's point is that people are going to compare major franchises regardless of if that's actually a good comparison to make.

Vico

When you think about it, they're kind of overdue for a changeover. I mean look at how many authors Bungie went through for their BWU. Sketch, Frankie, Luke, Urk, DeeJ.

Dunno what that would mean for what bs angel is doing. Maybe it's just temporary while the tuning takes all the headlining news.

That's true. Guess we'll see if he's still around once Halo "whatever" is announced in two weeks.

You know nothing.

He does that thing with his tongue...

9cKL1.gif

Fotos

Depressing? Not at all.
Got some reason to get PS4 instead of Xbone.
Also, i reckon there are Bungie fans from the era when Bungie made Marathon (Mac, and PC?) or Myth (Mac/PC?), fans who then went to PS.

Why is that a reason to buy PS4?

Woorloog

Banned
Why is that a reason to buy PS4?
I reckon i'll want to play Destiny but i don't have PS3, and i won't pay for Live Gold anymore, so my 360 is just for Skyrim and other single player games. I won't get Xbone. It doesn't look like Destiny is coming to PC (nor can my laptop run it probably, not well). So... Doesn't leave many options but PS4.
That said, some interesting exclusive would be a better system seller... However, i think that if i get a PS4 just for Destiny, there will be other games that i'll want to play and the purchase will end being a good one.

EDIT honestly, my first game on 360 was Oblivion. IE non-exclusive. Bought the device for Halo 3 really though...

Woorloog

Banned
obvliion on 360 was mindblowing
That i bought it, or was the game mindblowingly good or bad?
I've not seen a reason yet to pick PS4 over Xbox One. How are people already coming to that conclusion?

Gamer-centric device, better hardware (i really don't want/need that TV crap etc. that doesn't even work in Finland). Presumably free multiplayer, and hopefully PS+ will be what it is for PS3, if it stays, i'll gladly sub for it (not willing to pay for MS for multiplayer, not getting worth my money there).
Of course, if Sony goes anti-consumer like MS, i guess i'll stop console gaming completly.
EDIT if MS does backpedal on their policies, and Xbone will have good games, i will revise my opinion.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That i bought it, or was the game mindblowingly good or bad?

Gamer-centric device, better hardware (i really don't want/need that TV crap etc. that doesn't even work in Finland). Presumably free multiplayer, and hopefully PS+ will be what it is for PS3, if it stays, i'll gladly sub for it (not willing to pay for MS for multiplayer, not getting worth my money there).
Of course, if Sony goes anti-consumer like MS, i guess i'll stop console gaming completly.
EDIT if MS does backpedal on their policies, and Xbone will have good games, i will revise my opinion.

So basically you don't know either...

kylej

Banned
good. first real nextgen game to me. had a lot of fun. listened to stern and zoned out with that thing for 120 hours within like 2 or 3 weeks. great music too. i want nextgen elder scrolls already

Woorloog

Banned
good. first real nextgen game to me. had a lot of fun. listened to stern and zoned out with that thing for 120 hours within like 2 or 3 weeks. great music too. i want nextgen elder scrolls already

Yes, it was great.
In retrospect, it has a lot of flaws but it was very good.

Played Oblivion on PC a couple of weeks back, felt good. It still had same magic as when i first played it. EDIT no pun intended. Magic sucks in it really.

I've not seen a reason yet to pick PS4 over Xbox One. How are people already coming to that conclusion?

Mostly out the desire to share dramatic knee-jerk judgments on the internet.

Some concerns like used games are understandable for people though, but again I'd advise people to wait for official and final word on how it's going to work (as they have admitted their policies and systems on some aspects of the platform are not finalized).

Oh, and most of GAF is frightened that they won't be able to have their console connected to the internet despite the fact that they are on the internet browsing GAF all day.

Talents

Banned
Morrowind > Oblivion

Sucks that Destiny isn't coming to PC, there isn't really any other MMOFPS games except Firefall which I personally found boring.

link1201

I am still waiting for Sony to release more info...too early to make a determination for me...I really don't like the idea of my game being tied to a specific GT though so that's at least one negative for MS in my book as of now. E3 should be interesting.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I still think MS needs to have two different Xbox models, a home entertainment system like the one we saw, and a cheaper model for gaming. Right now, there's not a single reason to get the XBOne except maybe the exclusives.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I am still waiting for Sony to release more info...too early to make a determination for me...I really don't like the idea of my game being tied to a specific GT though so that's at least one negative for MS in my book as of now. E3 should be interesting.

Yeah, but from what we know PS4 is going to allow publishers to come up with their own versions of the same shit, unless I've heard wrong. I've not been able to keep up with game news as much as I used to with this new job.

I still think MS needs to have two different Xbox models, a home entertainment system like the one we saw, and a cheaper model for gaming. Right now, there's not a single reason to get the XBOne except maybe the exclusives.

The TV thing is actually pretty cool, as is the capabilities of kinect. Not having to switch inputs is actually a neat feature I also like compiling all of your favorite shows into one nice interface (aside from the one on your cable box). Is it something they should sell the system on? No.

They just haven't shown the games yet, they just showed the system, and what it's capable of (not game wise).

And right now there's no reason to own either console, since we don't know enough.

Of course, I say this as I ever increasingly become a casual gamer from a hardcore gamer. I guess that happens as priorities shift with age, career, and new hobbies.

zap

Halo 5?

:lol

TCKaos

Meanwhile, on some other website.

It's apparently possible to give players access to the Target Designator via megalo scripting. I don't think it does anything, though, because everything it did in campaign was scripted.

It's apparently possible to give players access to the Target Designator via megalo scripting. I don't think it does anything, though, because everything it did in campaign was scripted.

ive played a gametype where it worked (kind of).

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeah, but from what we know PS4 is going to allow publishers to come up with their own versions of the same shit, unless I've heard wrong. I've not been able to keep up with game news as much as I used to with this new job.

The TV thing is actually pretty cool, as is the capabilities of kinect. Not having to switch inputs is actually a neat feature I also like compiling all of your favorite shows into one nice interface (aside from the one on your cable box). Is it something they should sell the system on? No.

They just haven't shown the games yet, they just showed the system, and what it's capable of (not game wise).

And right now there's no reason to own either console, since we don't know enough.

Of course, I say this as I ever increasingly become a casual gamer from a hardcore gamer. I guess that happens as priorities shift with age, career, and new hobbies.

destiny ps4 exclusive content

sold

What do people think of the Xbox One game Boxart?

I really don't like the 3D logo on the box... nor do I like the over abundance of green. I feel that something more simple and classy would mesh with actual system, and the image it is trying to adopt.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

It does work. It's been in modded gametypes for months. Megalo isn't even needed, it can be done with hex editing.

What do people think of the Xbox One game Boxart?

I really don't like the 3D logo on the box... nor do I like the over abundance of green. I feel that something more simple and classy would mesh with actual system, and the image it is trying to adopt.

Xbox/MS has been pretty terrible with getting a consistent green.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I don't even remember the target locater being in campaign. I need to try to give the campaign a go again.

Edit : Yeah, the green plastic on the Forza box looks pretty bad, in that picture at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom