• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Last of Us... oh boy. My hands are shaking in that "I've been playing Amnesia" way.
Last week was pretty shitty. Took a sick day to unwind.

Now the poo poo is on me. GREAT.
You did tell them you weren't feeling well right? Because we all get sick.
Sounds like an especially shitty place if they call after that.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah...What's wrong with taking a sick day again? Is it because it's an internship and you don't earn sick leave or something?

We weren't allowed sick days during my entire fourth year of grad school. We had to be almost dead before we were allowed to take leave and I only know of a couple that got it approved out of 126 students.

We weren't allowed sick days during my entire fourth year of grad school. We had to be almost dead before we were allowed to take leave and I only know of a couple that got it approved out of 126 students.
Yeesh. What if you had a cold? By going in you'd be spreading it to everyone else.

My entire college career required you to have a doctor's note if you were going to miss a lab/lecture for anything past a 100 level course. This was because you were crazy boned/behind if you did. There was little sympathy if you fell behind. It was your life, it was up to you to fuck up or succeed.

When I read internship, my mind went to a job (paid or unpaid). I had to do an internship for my degree as well, but I was working and earning leave and pay (I legit work here now), with like, you know, a contract. Supervisors can still deny sick leave if it's suspicious or we need people or whatever, but half of our leave is specifically "sick leave" meaning it can only be used if you're ill or you have an appointment, etc. Everything else you use annual leave.

It just seemed odd to me that you'd get tattled on for doing something unless there's an agreement that you're not supposed to.

My entire college career required you to have a doctor's note if you were going to miss a lab/lecture for anything past a 100 level course. This was because you were crazy boned/behind if you did. There was little sympathy if you fell behind. It was your life, it was up to you to fuck up or succeed.

When I read internship, my mind went to a job (paid or unpaid). I had to do an internship for my degree as well, but I was working and earning leave and pay (I legit work here now), with like, you know, a contract. Supervisors can still deny sick leave if it's suspicious or we need people or whatever, but half of our leave is specifically "sick leave" meaning it can only be used if you're ill or you have an appointment, etc. Everything else you use annual leave.

It just seemed odd to me that you'd get tattled on for doing something unless there's an agreement that you're not supposed to.

At my current uni, there are like 4 hours of required stuff each semester. The rest is all optional.

heckfu

Banned
Yeesh. What if you had a cold? By going in you'd be spreading it to everyone else.

It's up the discretion of each preceptor (4th year is split up into 9 1-month long rotations at different practice sites and some are flexible but most are 'unless you're dead, you're coming to work'

One last thing:
tentaclerapeinpokmon.png

From Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventure, also officially licensed.
Pokémon love's a powerful emotion, boy.

Booshka

MaxFlipFlop is Slt? Damn dude, how many personalities you got?

So this was the mod PMers plan all along, split us up into 3 dead threads, drifting in dead space for the rest of time, well played.

I think SlutFlopper just wanted to be Ghaleon's first perma ban, please do not give him the honor.

bangai-o

Banned
I have a question about Halo. Is the new Halo going to have things happening like Halo 1 or is it going to be happening like other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom