• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF Tourney 2012

Fracas

#fuckonami
It’s summertime, the months where many people go on vacation and the weather is nice and sunny. Naturally, organizing and carrying out a Halo: Reach tournament should be going on. Organized by monsterfracas, kittens, and Risen. Everyone loves a good Halo tournament, and HaloGAF's got some pretty great players.

Gametypes/Maps Setup

(Arena settings)

Slayer on Powerhouse

Slayer on Zealot

Tiebreaker: TU Neutral Bomb on Refuge, first to score wins the round.

Important Links

Tournament Bracket

Monsterfracas's fileshare, where all tourney maps and gametypes are located

List of all entrants/alternates/teams/captains

Halogaf.com. Check back often for updates.

Important dates

Round 1
Team Plywood def Team StalkerUKCG
no other games played

Round 2 – All of these games must be completed by Wednesday, July 11th at 11:59 PM CST
Team Plywood def Team Hydranockz
Team Trey def Team Hypertrooper
Team Barrow Roll def by Team Louis Wu (Sunday, July 8th, 7 PM PST/9 PM CST/10 PM EST)
Team Heckfu def Team Daedalius
Team Karl def Team monsterfracas
Team 789shadow def Team Senador (Sunday, July 8th, 7:30 PM EST/ 6:30 PM CST)
Team Joncha def Team Computron (Sunday, July 8th, 9 PM GMT/ 4 PM EST/ 3 PM CST)
Team kylej def Team Elzar

Round 3 – All of these games must be completed by Wednesday, July 25th at 11:59 PM CST
Team Plywood def by Team Trey
Team Louis Wu def Team Heckfu
Team Karl def by Team 789shadow
Team Joncha def Team kylej

The time of the last slates of games will be determined by the community.
If your full team cannot make a match, this is what will happen:

1. Teams will play without players who cannot make the match (Try to schedule between captains as to avoid this)
2. If an agreement can be reached, gentleman's rules are acceptable (if one team is down a man, the other team offers to bench a player, creating even teams)
3. If no one from your team shows up for the scheduled match, your team forfeits by default
4. If neither team can agree on a time for the match, or no one shows up for the scheduled match, then the outcome will be decided by a coin flip

As for lag issues: If a consensus can be reached that a game was unplayable/heavily affected for players, then the game will be replayed. If a player unexpectedly drops out of the game, the game can be restarted, if the other team agrees. If not, then the player who had dropped out can just drop back in, with nothing restarted.

Tips
1. Communication is key! PM/chat with your teammates and captains.
2. Try to schedule early.
3. PM monsterfracas if you have any questions.

If you'd like to upload your match footage, PM me a link, and I'll update this post.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Major props to monsterfracas for putting this all together. I tried helping out with scheduling, but failed miserably. Now it's pretty much all him. Thanks dude!

daedalius

Putting this into Gaming side probably wasn't the best idea... it is a 'community' event after all.

but I guess Team Daedalius and Team CarryFu are playing tonight; what time?

Overdoziz

Banned
Putting this into Gaming side probably wasn't the best idea... it is a 'community' event after all.

Zerofire suggested 7 PM pacific. That would be at 4 AM for me. I can be around at that time but I'd prefer it if it was an hour earlier.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Buddermilk, Mr Greencastle, get yo shit together.

When you guys get decided on a time, I'll add it into the OP. If you guys don't mind me lurking your fileshares, I'd like to put a link to each match in the OP.

daedalius

Zerofire suggested 7 PM pacific. That would be at 4 AM for me. I can be around at that time but I'd prefer it if it was an hour earlier.

I can do it after 5:30CST... fuck 7 PST? That's like 10pm my time. Also, 4 am for you, wtf!

Also how'd we end up playing Slayer on Powerhouse? Pit/symmetric would be better for slayer.

I think for the next tourney, we might want to keep US separate from Euro, considering the time difference.

Overdoziz

Banned
I can do it after 5:30CST... fuck 7 PST? That's like 10pm my time. Also, 4 am for you, wtf!

Also how'd we end up playing Slayer on Powerhouse? Pit/symmetric would be better for slayer.
I can play whenever.

And Monsterfracas has a boner for Powerhouse.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Some of that has changed.
I'm saying you should use it to coordinate everyone's schedules instead of posting here a million times, which seemed to be what you were asking people to do. Or at least do it via PM?

I've got work until 5, and then I drive home and eat dinner, so 7 is probably about the earliest I can do it. If I'm able to get on earlier than that I'll let you know

heckfu

Banned
7 PST seems to be the best time for our teams BUT SINCE 50% OF MY TEAM DOESN'T CHECK THE DAMN THREAD EVER WE'LL NEVER KNOW.

kylej

Banned
Ok for team Elzar vs Team kylej

Sanjuro can play from late afternoon today, until late tonight. Friday - Available early morning and then late night. Saturday - Late night. Sunday - Late afternoon to late night.

Demoncarnotaur can play pretty much whenever except for Friday 2pm est-5pm est.

Still trying to contact Booties.

I can play whenever.

Ok for team Elzar vs Team kylej

Sanjuro can play from late afternoon today, until late tonight. Friday - Available early morning and then late night. Saturday - Late night. Sunday - Late afternoon to late night.

Demoncarnotaur can play pretty much whenever except for Friday 2pm est-5pm est.

Still trying to contact Booties.

I can play whenever.

Okay, let's see.

Neo, Imperial and Henery can you guys play tonight at 6 EST?

I can put 30 mins in, will be enough.

kylej

Banned
Okay, let's see.

Neo, Imperial and Henery can you guys play tonight at 6 EST?

I can put 30 mins in.

I'm not sure if that will be enough notice for Sanjuro, I know Demon is online now but Sanjuro may be busy.

If we're busy tonight, I'd like to see if I could get something done before 2pm EST tomorrow, which should be a lot easier for the European players.

Booties if you're reading this please let me know if you can play tomorrow morning or around noon time.

edit. I will PM Sanjuro now and ask him if he's available tonight.

Round 1
Team Plywood def Team StalkerUKCG

VXbNp.jpg

But seriously Props to Team Warwood, Guys played the better game.

Going in Dry for the loser's bracket winners

kylej

Banned
Im up for whenever just need to know a little in advance.. 6 EST would certainly work for me if it does with the others.

I just PMed Sanjuro asking if 6-6:30PM EST tonight is alright. I can play then so try to keep your schedule clear for that hour if possible.

should have made a post before it was all organised for those of us who don't read halo gaf. I would have been way into this :(
We thought about it, but I believe there's about 70 players as it is. Any more and it would be really difficult to organize.

That being said, I'm all for another tournament near the launch of Halo 4.
provided fracas does all the work

kylej

Banned
A GAF-wide tournament would have to be separated into a European ladder and a US ladder for the sake of time zones/people's work schedules.

That would get rid of a lot of the headaches.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

:(

friday/sat/sun wont work?

Top Bottom