• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF's Inaugural League: The Eternal War of Downer VS SLRP

Game 1
YF2mi.png

Game 2
YWnWc.png

Ramirez

Week 3 Matchups:

-Domino & Thermight (+10) VS. Heckfu & Tunavi (-10)

-Ramirez & Trasher (0) VS. Wahrer & Sai (-10)

-Tashi & Ryaaan (+5) VS. Plywood & Barrow (0)

-Nutter & Blood (0) VS. Trey & Cabbie (0)

-Bregmann & Aggro (0) VS. Tawp & Starwolf (-5)

Map & Gametypes:

-Slayer Pro on Lockout

-Infinity Slayer on Haven

-Slayer Pro on Guardian

Nutter do you have the maps on your GT? I know you had them on your Xbox, so if you could get them on your tag and have everyone get them that way, it'd be swell.

Nutter

Week 3 Matchups:

-Domino & Thermight (+10) VS. Heckfu & Tunavi (-10)

-Ramirez & Trasher (0) VS. Wahrer & Sai (-10)

-Tashi & Ryaaan (+5) VS. Plywood & Barrow (0)

-Nutter & Blood (0) VS. Trey & Cabbie (0)

-Bregmann & Aggro (0) VS. Tawp & Starwolf (-5)

Map & Gametypes:

-Slayer Pro on Lockout

-Infinity Slayer on Haven

-Slayer Pro on Guardian

Nutter do you have the maps on your GT? I know you had them on your Xbox, so if you could get them on your tag and have everyone get them that way, it'd be swell.

Ill put the maps up on my Fileshare. Also the gametypes still the vanilla ones? (with instant respawn?) Or are we using the modified ones for the remakes?

Another thing, if we really want to get this more support, we should start advertising it as a remakes included and proper gametype league. I do not think people want to play vanilla settings for this league.

I'm gonna practice the shit out of this since I have free time this week.

Also, competitive oddball could be hilariously awesome. Maybe not for this tourney of course, but still.

Nutter

Alright new post for updates.

Lockout and Guardian are now both available on my Fileshare.

if and when playing Guardian, please make sure the gametype has the initial global ordnance turned on. Otherwise you wont get your sniper and over shield on the map.

Gamertag = TJ NutterB

Aggrotek

Team REO Teabaggin' loses to Tawpgun and SW. :(

In other news. Lockout has no initial ordnance, and the spawns are not great.

Tawpgun

Lockout remake was kinda meh

Wish we got to play on Guardian though.

Also Global Ordnance delivered me a sticky det at my feet when I ran out of DMR ammo. Perfect.

Nutter

Team REO Teabaggin' loses to Tawpgun and SW. :(

In other news. Lockout has no initial ordnance, and the spawns are not great.

Lockout isn't suppose to have initial ordnance all weapons are placed as objects. Also I will probably add more spawns when I get some time. Guardian uses all the budget so in order get the initial weapon drops in, ordnance was used.

Aggrotek

Lockout isn't suppose to have initial ordnance all weapons are placed as objects. Also I will probably add more spawns when I get some time. Guardian uses all the budget so in order get the initial weapon drops in, ordnance was used.

Well there were no weapons on the map.

Nutter

Well there were no weapons on the map.

That is weird. It might not have worked with the gametype. Ill check it out.

I just checked the map with slayer pro settings and it has the weapons. Not sure why you were not seeing them. Did you turn on initial ordnance on Lockout as well? I think that screws with it?

Double edit:: so the weapons do not show up in Slayer Pro, even though when the gametype is selected to be modified on the map, it shows the weapons. sigh.

Nutter

Good news!

So I modified the map so the weapons now finally show up, bad news is that they are all ordnance drops that will replenish over time. Still at least the weapons are on the map, I updated the map. It is called "Lockout v.L" Download it, play it and let me know if it needs any other editing. I also fixed some of the spawns.

Aggrotek

Not for a while yet, already done?

Yea, this was the worst round so far. Spawning on Lockout felt really weird. Kept spawning in the exact same locations, and there were no weapons on the map.

I really wish there was a way to force 5 second respawn, it seems unfair to win a battle and then have the same guy you killed pop back up and finish you off.

Tawpgun

Yea, this was the worst round so far. Spawning on Lockout felt really weird. Kept spawning in the exact same locations, and there were no weapons on the map.

I really wish there was a way to force 5 second respawn, it seems unfair to win a battle and then have the same guy you killed pop back up and finish you off.

This happened a few times. I think the main thing about the Lockout game was the lack of the weapons. Lockout is known to be kinda stalematey but a lot of that is alleviated because you have the BR tower resupplying you with BR ammo and the Sniper Tower giving you the snipe. If you want to attack one of these structures you can grab the sword or shotty. But since those weren't there it just turned into pot shots.

Nutter

This happened a few times. I think the main thing about the Lockout game was the lack of the weapons. Lockout is known to be kinda stalematey but a lot of that is alleviated because you have the BR tower resupplying you with BR ammo and the Sniper Tower giving you the snipe. If you want to attack one of these structures you can grab the sword or shotty. But since those weren't there it just turned into pot shots.

These issues should be fixed in the updated map.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm available to play whenever today. I think we're still waiting on Plywood though, not sure what's going down.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Me & Barrow are dropping out, won't be able to play tonight and it's just not worth making everyone else wait.

Ramirez

Damn, sorry guys, been super busy lately, maybe been on GAF 30 mins the past 3 days? lol

With another team dropping out, I think it's safe to say we're dead in the water, lol. Maybe we can try again once 343 patches in some custom options like respawn timers that actually work? hah

Top Bottom