• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 25th Anniversary, Monolith Soft!

NanaMiku

You can get phone wallpaper from the special site: https://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/special/anniversary25th/

EDIT: PEAK

GYxgJpSWsAcub2x

Message from the director, google translate

Representative Director Hirohide Sugiura​

Representative Director Hirohide Sugiura

Monolith Soft is pleased to announce its 25th anniversary.

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all of you who have played and enjoyed the games we have released, to all of the people involved who have helped us create our games, including our partner companies and external creators, and to our staff and their families.

Looking back, 25 years have seemed long but short at the same time. There were many twists and turns, but I feel that the results of facing and overcoming various problems one by one have led to where we are today.

Since our founding in October 1999, our staff has grown significantly, we now have three development bases, and we have worked on many major titles, but at the same time, I don't think I have been able to fully feel satisfied with having succeeded or achieved anything. This is something I will continue to pursue as long as Monolith Soft exists, and it's probably something I will never be able to achieve in the future.

If Monolith Soft is to continue on into the future, it is still in its "Genesis" stage. We want the company's history to continue for 100, 200, or even 500 years, so we want to strive for even higher quality without being satisfied with the status quo.

We would like to thank you for your continued support in the future.

Last edited:

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I gave up on the studio after XCX.

How long can Takahashi continue to chase his Perfect Works dreams??

Give it up already and give us something new!!

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I’m excited as to what they will be able to do with more powerful hardware. They are among the best developers in the world, at the moment.

Would be interesting to have them work with Camelot and reboot Golden Sun.

NanaMiku

I really loved the game and it made great use of the Wii's capabilitues. But I doubt we ever get a sequel.
Yeah

Gonna be honest i skipped the second one and went straight to 3 after playing the first one.

Might need to go back, I see a lot of people with the same opinion as you.
Xenoblade 2 is anime af. Almost everyone who hate the game is someone who hate anime lol
There are little things that will make you mad (bad tutorial, changing Blades to do field skill check, URSULA QUEST), but it's a great game. Especially they have fixed it with many updates.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Xenoblade 2 is anime af. Almost everyone who hate the game is someone who hate anime lol
There are little things that will make you mad (bad tutorial, changing Blades to do field skill check, URSULA QUEST), but it's a great game. Especially they have fixed it with many updates.
I feel like that game got such unnecessary hate, despite being short staff for helping out with BotW, they still managed to delivered great game. Biggest flaw with that game was bad tutorial and lack of good QoL.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

I feel like that game got such unnecessary hate, despite being short staff for helping out with BotW, they still managed to delivered great game. Biggest flaw with that game was bad tutorial and lack of good QoL.
it's also their first game on Switch. The loudest were people complaining about the character design.

Danjin44

it's also their first game on Switch. The loudest were people complaining about the character design.
The game is “too anime” was such a BS complain as if original game wasn’t anime…..we litatraly had childhood friend bring lunch to Shulk and complete with love triangle…..If someone don’t like anime, WTF they are doing playing Xenoblade.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

The game is “too anime” was such a BS complain as if original game wasn’t anime…..we litatraly had childhood friend bring lunch to Shulk and complete with love triangle…..If someone don’t like anime, WTF they are doing playing Xenoblade.
Xenoblade 2 has so many anime cliche: sleeping in the wrong room, hot spring scene, gags, maids, etc
Xenoblade 1 don't have these

Danjin44

Xenoblade 2 has so many anime cliche: sleeping in the wrong room, hot spring scene, gags, maids, etc
Xenoblade 1 don't have these
I guess, those slapstick comedy mostly beginning of the game but I guess those part turn off most people.
Monolith Soft, Atlus and CBU2/Team Asano are my fav JRPG devs. 👀
I definitely should include Atlus as well, I love their games and after Astro Bot Team ASOBI are the only devs I care about from Sony.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Yeah

Also, with tons of fan service so I'll have to drop this meme, lol.

fmaiurk207201.png

StueyDuck

I'm not a huge fan of their games but I do admire their ability to essentially be the guerilla and decima of Nintendo, as in pushing map size and visuals on the switch similar to how horizon does on ps for example.

I would rebuy xenoblade chronicles X in a heartbeat if that was ever remade, it's the only game in that franchise I actually finished.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

I'm not a huge fan of their games but I do admire their ability to essentially be the guerilla and decima of Nintendo, as in pushing map size and visuals on the switch similar to how horizon does on ps for example.

I would rebuy xenoblade chronicles X in a heartbeat if that was ever remade, it's the only game in that franchise I actually finished.
Their "support" is crazy. AFAIK the studio in Kyoto only does art and they made the art for Splatoon and Animal Crossing.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Never managed to get into Xenoblade's gameplay. I really wish they went back to SRT OG Saga but at this point I really doubt it.

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t care for JRPG’s personally, and especially not JRPG’s with MMO style combat. But it’s been cool to see the Xenoblade franchise blossom nonetheless.

But Monolith in general has to be one of, if not the, best studio purchases Nintendo has ever made. They’ve worked on/been involved with so many hugely successful and great games over the years. Animal Crossing New Horizons, Splatoon 2/3, BotW/TotK, Pikmin 3 etc.

Hats off.
Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Last edited:
Top Bottom