• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard Reset |OT| Resetting the Shooter Genre, two guns at a time

pfkas

Really pleased I grabbed this. So slick and polished. Had a bit of trouble with it trying to start in red/blue stereoscopic mode, but a quick hit of Ctrl-T turned it off. Great stuff.

leng jai

Hm, ok, but at least most of the time then? Any setting where Performance >>>>> Image QUality.

The game is actually pretty well optimized. You should be getting 60fps ~80% of the time with close to max settings except when theres a whole lot of shit going on at the same time. Should look good regardless, game has some sick lighting effects.

Thrakier

The game is actually pretty well optimized. You should be getting 60fps ~80% of the time with close to max settings except when theres a whole lot of shit going on at the same time. Should look good regardless, game has some sick lighting effects.

Nice, looking forwad to it. Was instantly in love with it when I fired up the demo. Would actually wish that Deus Ex: HR could look like this instead of that pissfilter.

Thrakier

Wow, that game is really nice. It's worth more than 5 Dollars for sure. The big issue is repetition but the core gameplay and the graphics are quite good. I love the different weapon systems and how you are able to create your own strategies on how to approach the battles. Upgrade system is very clever and has a huge impact on the overall game feel, it's not just an afterthought. It kinda reminds me of a "Resistance meets Quake" kinda game. Great stuff, buy it folks.

Thrakier

Just played through the
hospital
god damn that was great. very nice. The one thing that bothers me a bit is the image quality. FXAA and FSAA don't seem to be working very well. Tons of jaggies left...

Thrakier

So I'm now done with this game. That ending came out of nowhere. Could#ve lastet 1 or 2 levels more. It starts slow but the more u pgrades you get and the more you get into developing strategies it's getting better and better. End fight was amazing.

Story and overall enemy variety sucked ass though. I'd rate it an 8 / 10 I guess. Considering the 5 Dollar I spent it should be 10 / 10 though...

Erasus

Loved this game, only bad things are the enemy variety and AI and its too short! Only about 5h
Games atmosphere is amazing really and the gfx are awesome, game runs well too. Loved the upgrade system and the weapons, first it seems limiting but then it opens up to how you complete the encounters.

Erasus

What am I supposed to do when
Atlas turns red
?

Awesome game so far, by the way.

Thats it, his whole body becomes a target. I got confused about it too, the logical thiging would be going from being able to shoot the whole body, and then just being able to shoot parts of it.

PowerK

Hard Reset: Extended Edition’s extra content is coming to Steam for FREE.
“Hey guys, First of all thanks for all the support you showed us with our first game! To show our respect for all the PC gamers who picked up Hard Reset, we decided that the upcoming Expansion will be FREE for all those who already own Hard Reset on Steam. The DLC should be available sometime between the last week of April and the first week of May. Have Fun! Flying Wild Hog Team.”
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/hard-...t-is-coming-to-steam-for-free/?utm_source=rss

Dambrosi

Banned
...so, where's the update that was promised for the beginning of May? Here we are, near the end of the month, and not a dickybird. I can't complain too much, since it is free, but a simple update would be nice.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Hard Reset: Exile, the free DLC expansion, is finally out today!

Looking forward to playing this game once this 1200 MB patch finishes downloading.

Hard Reset: Exile, the free DLC expansion, is finally out today!

Looking forward to playing this game once this 1200 MB patch finishes downloading.

You, me and the other ten people on gaf who love this game. Criminally underrated imo. Been waiting for this dlc for a long time, really surprised it's free. Was expecting to pay for what is essentially an expansion pack.

Edit: Argh, game crashes during loading for me, giving me some random error.

Edit 2: Got it working by restarting Steam, deleting the .exe and re-verifying the game.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So I lost my end game saves and decided to start the game over again. Damn I forgot how fun this is. I too was very surprised to see the DLC was free.

Sophia

This game is awesome, and blowing stuff up is so awesome, and survival mode is even more awesome, and did I mention that this game is awesome? Because, y'know, it bears repeating.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
The new flying enemies in the DLC add so much to the combat. It's so fun nailing them with the laser guided missile (every game should have this weapon, loved it in HL2 and I love it here).

Tokubetsu

What FoV do I play at? and why does the machine gun feel so weak even after those three upgrades ='(
Shotgun is cool though.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
What FoV do I play at? and why does the machine gun feel so weak even after those three upgrades ='(
Shotgun is cool though.
Later on you're probably not going to be using the machine gun unless you're conserving ammo. Once I got the railgun I used that most of the time (unless I'm fighting a bunch of little critters). The RPG is more powerful than the railgun, but the railgun hits the target instantly and shoots through walls. Not to say that there aren't big plusses for the RPG, you get lots of splash damage (especially with the upgrade) and the laser guiding.

Nabs

Shotgun is cool though.

Don't jack the FOV up (I think it uses vert-fov), and don't waste points on the machine gun. I had fun with the grenade / gravity launcher, rpg, rail gun and a few other things towards the end.

54-46!

I've been playing through Painkiller these last couple of days, itching for more of the same.. how will Hard Reset run on my PC?

Phenom II X4 3,2 Ghz
HD 7950
8GB DDR3

I've been playing through Painkiller these last couple of days, itching for more of the same.. how will Hard Reset run on my PC?

Phenom II X4 3,2 Ghz
HD 7950
8GB DDR3

It'll fly, I have the same cpu, HD 5770 and 4GB and looks and runs fantastic

54-46!

It'll fly, I have the same cpu, HD 5770 and 4GB and looks and runs fantastic.
Ah nice, I was worried that it wouldn't be able to deal with all the physics in this game at a high framerate. My 955 is definitely the bottleneck of my system right now.

Top Bottom