• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Always makes me happy to see how much GAF likes these games (and Miku in general).

May or may not get this one, but I still love the series.

*CTRL+F "Mitchie-M"*
no results

What?! Not one song of Mitchie-M?
That dissapoints me :(

Still, will get this game at a later date. I love the Project Diva titles but my wallet is not on my side for the rest of this year.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
*CTRL+F "Mitchie-M"*
no results

What?! Not one song of Mitchie-M?
That dissapoints me :(

Still, will get this game at a later date. I love the Project Diva titles but my wallet is not on my side for the rest of this year.
I was disappointed with 1 DECO*27 song. In the same boat as you, primarily because of Smash/Pokemon.

Wynnebeck

Banned
MIKU DA GAWD

Pre-ordered this last night alongside GTAV and Smash. I'm relieved to hear that the stick option has been used on Vita because I'm sick and tired of missing Technical Zone ending stars because the touchscreen decided not to pick up my input. Now I have to find some way to platinum F and then F 2nd. @_@

pariah164

$70 costume dlc is ridiculous.
Word. Not happening. I'm getting only 2 DLC:

Hatsune.Miku.full.697364.jpg
And Change Me because Meiko is my bae.

Busaiku

The first time I heard Romeo and Cinderella, it was with Rin and Len.
I was surprised that it was gonna be in this, but then I found out that the original song didn't star them and wasn't about incest.

Scher

Speaking of costume DLC, how much of that is there? I'd imagine there's a whole lot of costumes or something considering how much that season pass costs. Kind of would like it a whole lot more if there were a ton of songs instead, though.

HyperOne

Banned
This alone makes me wish I kept my PS3.

I hope this sells well in the West like the first and they keep bringing them over.

I think Stay With Me soured me on Meiko. I don't know why it's sticking with me for two games now :X

I love Meiko's song in F2nd (Kowase, Kowase). Incidentally I think her voice in that song is the most realistic among the vocaloids.

I've been playing F2nd almost exclusively on my Vita since March (my Vita slim is now nothing more than a Miku machine). I also recently broke down and double dipped on the PS3 version. I'm terrible at rhythm games but due to my love of this series, I now play and pass songs in Extreme mode.

If you had trouble with Hard mode on Project Diva f/F, F2nd is going to destroy you. It's much harder and trickier, and until now I still can't pass the last 5 songs on Extreme.

ShadiWulf

Speaking of costume DLC, how much of that is there? I'd imagine there's a whole lot of costumes or something considering how much that season pass costs. Kind of would like it a whole lot more if there were a ton of songs instead, though.

Sam Mullen, the producer for the game, says there is a ton of DLC planned for the game by SEGA Japan. He didn't go into specifics though.

With the value of the season passes stated as being at least a 25% savings over purchasing all content individually, the math works out to there needing to be a minimum of 47 modules and 14 songs to realize that amount of savings.

With the value of the season passes stated as being at least a 25% savings over purchasing all content individually, the math works out to there needing to be a minimum of 47 modules and 14 songs to realize that amount of savings.

Still $70 fucking dollars for costumes it cost more than the full game itself.

Astarte

I love Meiko's song in F2nd (Kowase, Kowase). Incidentally I think her voice in that song is the most realistic among the vocaloids.

I've been playing F2nd almost exclusively on my Vita since March (my Vita slim is now nothing more than a Miku machine). I also recently broke down and double dipped on the PS3 version. I'm terrible at rhythm games but due to my love of this series, I now play and pass songs in Extreme mode.

If you had trouble with Hard mode on Project Diva f/F, F2nd is going to destroy you. It's much harder and trickier, and until now I still can't pass the last 5 songs on Extreme.

Those high notes were too much for me. I don't think my headphones could handle it either :V

Jesus christ. I think I'd just save money by not buying Meiko/Kaito modules :X

Tapejara

Getting this a week late because "lol Amazon Canada," but at least it gives me time to play more of the first game!

Nice to see Lily from GameStop still can't pronounce Miku's name, lol

So don't buy it? No need to shit up yet another thread about it.

Are there only those 2 costume packs (and 2020/the other Miku) as DLC?

So far in Japan there's been five songs and a decent number of modules released. The season pass guarantees far more than that, and I'm not convinced anyone knows just how much content there will be by the time the team is ready to move on.

ShadiWulf

It's also 100% optional. You're not going to ruin your enjoyment of the game by not buying a $70 costume DLC pack. It's a good deal for hardcore fans who want everything, if you buy it all individually it costs more.

I'm not buying the $70 module pack, i know I won't like all of them. Will buy them individually. Definitely buying the $30 song pack though.

Edit: I might buy the module pack -.- i don't know... if i do , no more games this year. insanely expensive.

i bought the first game on ps3

not exactly a miku fan but was open to the idea. couldn't really get into it.

i just think it's a not good rhythm game. the beat you follow was so inconsistent. sometimes it was the melody of the song, sometimes the vocals. sometimes the drums/beat of the song. sometimes it's the guitar. and it would just arbitrarily change between these throughout a song. so i never felt any song had a rhythm to follow and it wasn't any fun to play

some of those songs were kinda awesome tho. shout out to tell your world, secret police and fire flower

i bought the first game on ps3

not exactly a miku fan but was open to the idea. couldn't really get into it.

i just think it's a not good rhythm game. the beat you follow was so inconsistent. sometimes it was the melody of the song, sometimes the vocals. sometimes the drums/beat of the song. sometimes it's the guitar. and it would just arbitrarily change between these throughout a song. so i never felt any song had a rhythm to follow and it wasn't any fun to play

some of those songs were kinda awesome tho. shout out to world is mine, secret police and fire flower

Extreme charts almost universally follow vocals. What difficulty were you playing on? I can see lower difficulties being a little less consistent due to the need to reduce the number of inputs (which is sort of a common problem every rhythm game ever faces).

Top Bottom