• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Extreme charts almost universally follow vocals. What difficulty were you playing on? I can see lower difficulties being a little less consistent due to the need to reduce the number of inputs (which is sort of a common problem every rhythm game ever faces).

i was playing on normal, would bump it up to hard if i was comfortable

i don't know.. i've played elite beat agents extensively and i didn't have that problem. i like the character enough, the bad rhythm just put me off the game.

ShadiWulf

Yo, we get exclusive DLC?
USA USA USA

America!

jgSTNX0.jpg

Also the reason I just pre-ordered again. Remembered I want the American Miku module. Plus I need the physical version so I have room on my measly 16GB card to store all the DLC. Plus I just wanna support the series in general.

i was playing on normal, would bump it up to hard if i was comfortable

i don't know.. i've played elite beat agents extensively and i didn't have that problem. i like the character enough, the bad rhythm just put me off the game.

At Normal difficulty you're not even beginning to touch the surface of the game. Normal difficulty is constrained to two of the four possible inputs per song. You have to play Hard for the game to offer all four inputs, and Extreme for something that matches the song much more tightly.

I've played every chart in the (imported) game and can't recall any charts I particularly object to other than the ones with particularly atrocious link scratches.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yeah Normal's note charts take some more compromises than higher difficulties so it'd probably be better to start off on Hard for f/F.

Tempted to go Vita this time around.
Does the Vita version of F2nd require that you buy some DLC to get all the songs? IIRC that's how F1st was.

EDIT: Good to hear. Thanks.

ShadiWulf

I am a bit sad I didn't preorder, but I will be up to my neck in modules.

Modules from F do transfer over right?

Yes, they do. and anything you haven't unlocked, F 2nd gives you an opportunity to unlock Project Diva F items it seems.

Tempted to go Vita this time around.
Does the Vita version of F2nd require that you buy some DLC to get all the songs? IIRC that's how F1st was.

PS3 and Vita versions are identical song and module wise.

The only reason Project Diva f on Vita had the extra songs as DLC is because that is how it was in Japan. The game was out on Vita first and those were extra songs that came out after release. That's why f on the Vita is $30 instead of $40.

I should have bought this instead of AC Unity :( should have gone with my gut. Gonna try and find some extra $$$ for the vita version.

Edit: So I have some PSN money from the previous sale. If I buy the game from the PSN store on day one do I get the preorder bonuses? Can't buy it from PSN yet.

Busaiku

Wait, all modules from F transfer?
Or just DLC?

If the former, how would it work going from PS3 to Vita?
Dunno if I actually got DLC besides Snow Miku.

ShadiWulf

This topic has got me all hyped up. I really need to be getting to sleep.

Wait, all modules from F transfer?
Or just DLC?

If the former, how would it work going from PS3 to Vita?
Dunno if I actually got DLC besides Snow Miku.

You need the save file to transfer over. So if all your unlock data is on the PS3 then you'd need the PS3 version of F 2nd to transfer. Then you can use cross-saving to access that data on the PS Vita version of F 2nd. Kinda expensive though. I guess it depends how badly you want the old modules in Project Diva F 2nd. It is pretty cool having access to them.

If I buy the game from the PSN store on day one do I get the preorder bonuses? Can't buy it from PSN yet.

I don't think we've heard about any digital preorder bonuses. The preorder bonuses were already announced as store-exclusive:

Americana module from "select retailers" and Extra Character Pack from GameStop
Two live songs from Amazon US

With the value of the season passes stated as being at least a 25% savings over purchasing all content individually, the math works out to there needing to be a minimum of 47 modules and 14 songs to realize that amount of savings.

I missed this blog post from last month, but it reads like Sega has all but confirmed those numbers: "well over ten songs in total" and "more than 45 costumes (modules)"

At any rate, I assume everyone will buy Mikudayo when it comes out.

Yeah Normal's note charts take some more compromises than higher difficulties so it'd probably be better to start off on Hard for f/F.

If I remember right, you have to clear the song on Normal to unlock Hard, and Hard to unlock Extreme.

PDF game rhythm sometimes follows the vocals, other times it's the background, and other times follow no discernable rhythm at all which is probably why it confuses some rhythm sensitive people.

And that's why I still haven't cleared Sadistic Music Factory on Extreme without player assists :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Beautiful OP! Currently playing the first Project Diva, it's so hard, but awesome!

I've enjoyed project diva f, and project diva f 2nd looks like it will be very pretty on the oled screen.

..now to finally make something worthwhile with edit mode..

Been playing my PS3 and Vita review copies since last week and having a blast. There are very few games that could cause me to pull any time from my review copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, but that's Miku for you!

My GameXplain video review is published here if anyone's interested!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Vita version has an analog stick option now.
Oh good. I didn't mind the scratching too much, but it was a pain to wipe the smears it'd sometimes leave afterwards.

Completely forgot this was coming out tomorrow. Finally got to play the first game since it went on sale (& Sega said a sale wouldn't happen!) and was rather pleased. Sadly, because of my budget and a ton of other games coming out in the following weeks (SSB Wii U, Persona Q, Kingdom Hearts 2.5, Captain Toad, etc.), don't think I'll be able to get this at launch.

Maybe I'll wait to hear what the DLC tracks are. I'm still hoping we get those Sega tunes like Magical Sound Shower and Afterburner.

While I'm really glad the Vita version has analog support now, it's kinda making me feel like I should've just gotten the Vita version rather than both versions.

well whatever, i give in to the miku

daydream

Banned
Nice OT!

I'll definitely get this down the line. Haven't even finished the first one.

Also, their DLC pricing structure is.. bold, to say the least.

Zhao_Yun

The first game was probably the hardest rhythm game that I've ever played in my life. Holy shit, Negi*Posi Continues ;_;

Am i the only one who found Sadictic Music Factory to be harder than Nega*Posi on Extreme? I cleared Nega*Posi but still haven't managed to clear SMF...

That's a video showing off short snippets of every song in the game.

There's a time reference in the link that might not show up properly on mobile. In particular, they linked the part of the video showing The Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku (初音ミクの激唱).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
"Shake It" isn't in this game? :/

This is Vita TV compatible, right? Would prefer to just get it on one platform this time.

ShadiWulf

Holy shit.

I don't know jack about this series but this song looks hardcore as hell. Sounds like this is this game's Max 300. XD

Yes. that song is so hard. Although I will say don't let the intensity and fast paced part of that song make you think less about the other songs. I've found youtube videos are really misleading on how they make songs in Project Diva looks much easier then they actually are. Unless you are some kind of music game master.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This may seem like a weird question, but are the singers more..."balanced" out this time around? I understand Miku gets the most songs and then Rin/Len since they're older and therefore people had more time to make songs using them, but man, Kaito & Meiko got only two songs each in F/f, so they felt kind of tacked on, especially since by default, they didn't appear in any other songs.

Edit: Whoops, noticed the song list in the OP. Well, Kaito getting 4 songs is a bit better, but 2 again for Meiko? Dang....

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Probably not going to transfer my Japanese save just so I can do it all over again.

Best Miku game ever. Dat song line-up, holy shit.

This may seem like a weird question, but are the singers more..."balanced" out this time around? I understand Miku gets the most songs and then Rin/Len since they're older and therefore people had more time to make songs using them, but man, Kaito & Meiko got only two songs each in F/f, so they felt kind of tacked on, especially since by default, they didn't appear in any other songs.

Edit: Whoops, noticed the song list in the OP. Well, Kaito getting 4 songs is a bit better, but 2 again for Meiko? Dang....

Nah, it's still like 75% Miku-fest but I forgive SEGA because Kaito's Cantarella ~Grace Edition~ is ballers amazing.

I understand Miku gets the most songs and then Rin/Len since they're older and therefore people had more time to make songs using them

Funny you should say that as Kaito and Meiko actually came out first. If anything, they were too old as they were stuck on a less advanced Vocaloid engine for years.

Actually, Rin and Len seem to have gotten the shaft this time around compared to PDF. Might be the same problem again, in that they still have not been updated to Vocaloid3.

Astarte

Wait, what? Can you also do cross game save at the same time? I've got the JP PS3 version of Diva F 2nd and the EU Vita version on order.

Apparently you can import Japanese into english.

Funny you should say that as Kaito and Meiko actually came out first. If anything, they were too old as they were stuck on a less advanced Vocaloid engine for years.

Actually, Rin and Len seem to have gotten the shaft this time around compared to PDF. Might be the same problem again, in that they still have not been updated to Vocaloid3.

Oog, rin didn't have as many songs as I would have liked. At least her puyo outfit came back

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bought the import version (the day before the US version was announced :p) and got this preordered... the import is a lot harder than the first Diva F, I was able to get through all of the first on Normal (I suck at rhythm games) but had to tone down the difficulty on Easy for this one.

Luka Luka Night Fever is the best song in the game of course!

Only one song makes use of KAITO V3 though, and there is no MEIKO V3 content in the game.

luminous

Hope everyone who's playing F 2nd for the first time enjoys it as much as I did! Played the JP version for quite a lot of hours until my Vita decided to be dead for reals :(

Getting the English version for sure as soon as I get my hands on a Vita 2000 for mostly DLC purposes. The JP save data import is a godsend for me because I'm not sure if I'd stay sane if I had to replay Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru for dozens of times in a row just for a couple of unlockables

Storm360

I know the English version can use the Japanese save, but does the other way apply? If I can use my Japanese save I might grab the digital Vita version, otherwise I'll pass

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
While I didn't like this game when I imported it (too many old songs), I'll buy it to support miku in the west. The Music season pass will hopefully make the setlist better :\

Top Bottom