• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Zhao_Yun

Finally took the time to try to clear the 2 10-star songs in this game and managed to clear Intense Voice after 12 attempts. 2D Dream Fever looks like a whole other beast though orz

Doesn't seem like there's much activity in this thread these days, but I recently got my first two Extreme Perfects back-to-back and I thought I'd share:

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

Not exactly the most difficult Extreme charts, I realize, but still - I'm pleased with the achievement!

I can also consistently get an Excellent ranking on Two-Sided Lovers Extreme, too. That song is so damn fun and catchy, I seriously can't get enough of it.

Zambayoshi

I was playing through Project Mirai DX and when I finished it I decided to go back to Project Diva F 2nd. Oh boy. Some of the extreme charts were OK, but some of them I found myself messing up in various spots where I'd never really had a problem previously.

How do you find going back to PDF2nd (or any rhythm game really) when you've spent an extended time away from it, particularly if you've been playing a somewhat or completely different rhythm game in the meantime?

Randomly got this the other day and I just have to post it.
Never thought I'd manage it tbh.

So anyway, in terms of difficulty IMO it's: Sadistic Music Factory > NegaPosi*Continues > Intense Voice > 2D Dream Fever

Though I definitely think Continues is the most fun to play.

Congrats, that's an impressive feat! I mostly agree with your difficulty ranking, but I would switch NegaPosi and Intense Voice around. While NegaPosi is more consistently challenging, the last parts of Intense Voice trump everything in NegaPosi in terms of difficulty for me.

I'm pretty excited for the 10* songs in Diva X!

Congrats, that's an impressive feat! I mostly agree with your difficulty ranking, but I would switch NegaPosi and Intense Voice around. While NegaPosi is more consistently challenging, the last parts of Intense Voice trump everything in NegaPosi in terms of difficulty for me.

I'm pretty excited for the 10* songs in Diva X!

Thanks! I think the ranking depends on what you're good at. I'm better at shorter bursts of fast notes like in Intense Voice as opposed to the long, more drawn out difficulty of NegaPosi.

But yeah, can't wait to give the new 10 stars a run!

Zambayoshi

Randomly got this the other day and I just have to post it.

Never thought I'd manage it tbh.

So anyway, in terms of difficulty IMO it's: Sadistic Music Factory > NegaPosi*Continues > Intense Voice > 2D Dream Fever

Though I definitely think Continues is the most fun to play.

I'd put Rin-chan Now! right up there for difficulty because it's all over the place :p

I'd put Rin-chan Now! right up there for difficulty because it's all over the place :p

Rin-chan Now feels like it's throwing random inputs at you until you almost inevitably mess up lol. Definitely hard but I don't think there are any individual parts that would warrant it being ranked above any of the ten star songs. Probably the hardest non 10 though, since I can't really think of any song that I would put above it. Two-sided Lovers maybe? Even that one is pretty straight forward if you make good use of the d-pad.

Also, I know you asked ages ago but I was pretty trash at PDF after not playing much over the summer. I haven't played Mirai but I imagine switching between different button layouts is confusing as hell.

I have also come back to this game after being distracted by no less than seven other rhythm games since summer and... getting better at all those other games might have actually made me worse at this.

It's still the moving targets that make all the difference, but now I realize that the window for Good is just so small, comparatively speaking.

Top Bottom