• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Redhood

Yes, it's done.

All 16 songs are from old games. The Kaito song (Rosary Pale) is sort of new, since it's from Project Diva Arcade and has been ported to consoles for the first time.

Wow! So there are 16 songs. So they basically recycled the content and are charging 30$ for it. The game was 40$ and had 40 songs. Not to mention that song recommended modules are not included. Have the videos been redone like Melt or I'll Miku miku you? Any New effects like Romeo X Cindrella, Luka Night Fever? or same videos? Will wait for sale on this one.

How much is the dlc size of all the songs?

Have the videos been redone like Melt or I'll Miku miku you? Any New effects like Romeo X Cindrella, Luka Night Fever? or same videos? Will wait for sale on this one.

Same videos, new effects. They're remakes, but there's just about much attention to detail as you can get for remakes: backdrops were redesigned to add more objects and decorations, textures were upgraded, atmospheric effects were added, and some videos have the lighting completely redone. Even a few new animations for the Chance Times.

Each song is anywhere from less than 50MB to nearly 100MB. I haven't added them up yet.

antibolo

Banned
Wow! So there are 16 songs. So they basically recycled the content and are charging 30$ for it. The game was 40$ and had 40 songs. Not to mention that song recommended modules are not included. Have the videos been redone like Melt or I'll Miku miku you? Any New effects like Romeo X Cindrella, Luka Night Fever? or same videos? Will wait for sale on this one.

It was even worse in Japan, they didn't have the Song Club (and Costume Club) at all, you could only buy songs separately.

Murray97

Trying to get used to using a mixture of d-pad and face buttons is so difficult. My hands just refuse to do it after playing so long using only face buttons.

antibolo

Banned
I've been used to regularly switching hands to reduce fatigue for a long time now (ie. doing a string of notes with right hand, doing the next string with the left hand, rinse and repeat), but actually alternating on every note is still very difficult to me after months of practice. My timing is still slightly off, I always end up going slightly too fast and hitting Safes. And odd-numbered strings of notes still fuck me up because I often end up switching with the wrong hand.

By now I have kinda lost faith at ever being good at proper dual wielding, I think I started too late and am now doomed at never mastering it because my existing muscle memory of using only one hand at a time is too firmly entrenched by now. I'm still working on it, but I feel like I have reached the upper limit of my skill growth because of that. It's really bumming me out.

With that said I was pretty happy to have reached an Excellent at Secret Police last weekend, using almost only dual wielding! Just a few months ago I was not even capable of reaching the end of the song, but now I kinda surprised myself by how I could get past the difficult parts with relatively little effort.
Js5aW9o.jpg

That same day I also reached an Excellent at Senbonzakura, which was another personal goal I've been having for a while, similar to getting that Great at Envy Cat Walk.

So at least I'm making some kind of progress, I guess.

Zambayoshi

I've been used to regularly switching hands to reduce fatigue for a long time now (ie. doing a string of notes with right hand, doing the next string with the left hand, rinse and repeat), but actually alternating on every note is still very difficult to me after months of practice. My timing is still slightly off, I always end up going slightly too fast and hitting Safes. And odd-numbered strings of notes still fuck me up because I often end up switching with the wrong hand.

By now I have kinda lost faith at ever being good at proper dual wielding, I think I started too late and am now doomed at never mastering it because my existing muscle memory of using only one hand at a time is too firmly entrenched by now. I'm still working on it, but I feel like I have reached the upper limit of my skill growth because of that. It's really bumming me out.

With that said I was pretty happy to have reached an Excellent at Secret Police last weekend, using almost only dual wielding! Just a few months ago I was not even capable of reaching the end of the song, but now I kinda surprised myself by how I could get past the difficult parts with relatively little effort.

That same day I also reached an Excellent at Senbonzakura, which was another personal goal I've been having for a while, similar to getting that Great at Envy Cat Walk.

So at least I'm making some kind of progress, I guess.

Wow! Well done on the Senbonzakura excellent. I only recently got that myself. I keep on stuffing up when it does the clockwise/anticlockwise face-button/arrow sets.

Murray97

I've been waiting for a sale on the first Hatsune Miku for so long that I'm so close to giving in and just buying it for $50.

:(

I've been waiting for a sale on the first Hatsune Miku for so long that I'm so close to giving in and just buying it for $50.

:(
The digital version was on sale about a month ago. I wouldn't expect sales on physical since it is out of print.

Not really expecting it to go back on sale anytime soon.

Nyoro SF

I responded to my support ticket at SEGA for the Electric Angel issue.

Honestly this is really ridiculous and drives home how bad Sony's online store management and policies are.

I love my Vita but whenever I go into the Store or my download list I just begin this horrible period of dread as I know the shenanigans are coming.

antibolo

Banned
So I'm back on Blackjack and trying to reach an Excellent.

Nope, still can't do the second Technical...

And yet I can clear the first one without breaking a sweat. Grrr!

I guess I can still reach an Excellent though, my best so far is 93.4%. Almost there...

---

And yeah I'm pretty happy about my Excellent on Senbonzakura, thanks guys! I hope to get a perfect some day, it's my favorite Miku song. I still remember when I thought I would never perfect the Hard version until I eventually did, and now it's slowly beginning to feel like perfecting Extreme is no longer an impossible task either!

TRI Mike

I've been having a PSN connection error for a few days now. I can't use the network features nor cross-save because of this. What's wrong guys?

Internet is working fine on my Vita. The problem is with this game...

Guys, please. I'm still having this problem. Sega is not helping me either.

antibolo

Banned
Glad to see you joined us Atomicfireman. You came out of nowhere and got third place at the score challenge on the next to last day, and yet we didn't know about you at all!

Guys, I'm so happy right now, I have to share :D

I perfected my favourite song in the game!

CGreqfmUgAET9DV.jpg

Very pleased~ ^_^

Congrats. Akatsuki Arrival is also my favorite song in the game and I hope I can also become good enough to perfect it some day (so much dual wielding...). I think my best so far is 98.3% iirc.

It's OK folks, I got the excellent on 2D Dream Fever that I wanted. I'm happy.
Glad to see you joined us Atomicfireman. You came out of nowhere and got third place at the score challenge on the next to last day, and yet we didn't know about you at all!
I'm surprised I did so well. I had never really gone for high scores before. Just greats/excellents and the occasional perfect.

Oh and good job on Akatsuki Arrival Andrefpvs! Getting a perfect on a song you like is always rewarding.

Mairu

Does the DLC ever go on sale? I just picked this up since I didn't realize it was $20 on Amazon but I'm not convinced that I really want to spend $3 per song yet :<

ChrisD

Dude, you just excellented the hardest song in the game. Are... are you even aware of your own level of skill??

Intense Voice is more difficult imo. And only because of that last friggin string. :(

Edit: The DLC has never gone on sale. Frankly, I don't see it happening, either.

antibolo

Banned
Intense Voice is more difficult imo. And only because of that last friggin string. :(

Well OK, second hardest song, then. But my point still stands.

I consider it the hardest because I still haven't cleared it yet, and probably never will

ChrisD

Intense Voice is the hardest song cause I can't perfect it yet.

...I don't even have Thousand Year Solo perfected yet, wtf.

I just perfect Thousand Year last week. My reaction was much the same when I realized it was still at a Great from back in November. :p

Does the DLC ever go on sale? I just picked this up since I didn't realize it was $20 on Amazon but I'm not convinced that I really want to spend $3 per song yet :<
If you pick up the Song Club (and they fix the Electric Angel issue) them it works out to $1.87 a song. Seems like an easy decision to me, but them again I bought all DLC Japan-side for 500 yen a pop.

macklelol

You could always just buy the songs you want if the Song Club is too much. I really only play like half (probably less) of the DLC songs regularly.

...I don't even have Thousand Year Solo perfected yet, wtf.

Well, I fixed that problem:

...I don't remember playing this song 5 times.

And after all the trouble this song gave me initially, I finally perfected it.

Ended up getting perfects on Rosary Pale and Promise, too.

antibolo

Banned
Congrats. Akatsuki Arrival is also my favorite song in the game and I hope I can also become good enough to perfect it some day (so much dual wielding...). I think my best so far is 98.3% iirc.
Today:
I feel so close and yet so far away...

Also, along with Blackjack, two other new Excellents today that I'm pretty happy about:
Still can't believe I finally got Rolling Girl's second Technical. Although it's probably going to be a while before I get it again...

antibolo

Banned
I celebrated my victory with a Clover Club cocktail (or at least my poor attempt at one). It seemed like the appropriate drink for the occasion.

Congrats! Platinum skin for all the songs! =)

I tried the skin and I think it looks pretty ugly lol

Jawmuncher

wanted to mess around in diva room. Didn't know they added so many more changes. Gotta say it just makes things worse off. Don't know why they thought adding more time would be better.

macklelol

wanted to mess around in diva room. Didn't know they added so many more changes. Gotta say it just makes things worse off. Don't know why they thought adding more time would be better.

Yeah I don't really like the Diva Room changes that much. Once I did the grind for the plat I haven't gone back in. It really wouldn't be as bad is it is now if they didn't put a timer on giving gifts.

Though I never went back into the Diva Room in Project Diva F once I got the plat either.

Top Bottom