• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Prelude.

So, this is my first Miku game and it's waaay better than I expected. I finished all the normal tracks and now I'm like 70% of the hard ones. The tracklist is pretty nice but I wish it was more varied, I mean, Meiko has 2 songs? Seriously? Welp. At least "Break it, Break it" is excellent.

So, this is my first Miku game and it's waaay better than I expected. I finished all the normal tracks and now I'm like 70% of the hard ones. The tracklist is pretty nice but I wish it was more varied, I mean, Meiko has 2 songs? Seriously? Welp. At least "Break it, Break it" is excellent.

On average that's about 1.5 more solo songs than she usually gets.

macklelol

95% is a pretty big exaggeration anyways, it's more like 60-70% of the songs have Miku in them. Most of the other Vocaloids other than Meiko are represented well enough.

macklelol

After slowly taking my time going through all the songs with the Stealthy Target challenge item, I finally cleared all of them with it:
4yvgrVn.jpg

Just need to clear everything with Cool Perfectionist+ and I'll have all the titles for clearing songs with challenge items, but that can wait until later.

I can manage most of the songs with Stealthy Target on pretty well, but some of them are just hell to play. Like Kagerou Daze. And Intense Voice.

Now to never touch Stealthy Target ever again.

Zambayoshi

After slowly taking my time going through all the songs with the Stealthy Target challenge item, I finally cleared all of them with it:

Just need to clear everything with Cool Perfectionist+ and I'll have all the titles for clearing songs with challenge items, but that can wait until later.

I can manage most of the songs with Stealthy Target on pretty well, but some of them are just hell to play. Like Kagerou Daze. And Intense Voice.

Now to never touch Stealthy Target ever again.

Jeez, I can only imagine how hard it must be if you only got a Standard for Envy Cat Walk. I've only tried stealthy once or twice but never on Extreme.

oggob

Hello all...

I'm not one to post at all on NeoGAF often, but I would like to know if anyone has come across the problem I have.

I'm an average player who has no desire to complete Extreme, I have Perfects on all of Hard except for Intense Voice as I am one of those people that trained themselves to NOT alternate between the face and stock buttons for the fast sections...

Anyway, after many many hours playing the actual game I decided to push through the Diva Room stuff, having unlocked basically everything I realised I was missing some wall items that required to piss off the character and then bring them back to happy.

From what I can tell, I needed Meiko for literally the final unlock of a wall item. Did the task as I had with the other 5 characters, but the wall item isn't unlocking and I am left to believe that my save file is screwed at 99% for wall items, which also would have been the final unlock for Platinum and all that.

I've tried hard resets, Cross Save with the PS3 version, retried a number of times and it just won't happen.

Has anyone come across there actually being a glitch or save file issue? I mean I did have the game crash a few times over the 100hrs of playthrough, so maybe it's just happened by accident. Ideally a resolve instead of playing through the entire game again plus all the Diva stuff again would be nice, but otherwise I might have to shelve this until I ready to start from scratch again.

Cheers!

If you haven't been using the Diva Room from the start, you are in for a grind.

I think you need like 50-60 requests (where they ask you to change a decoration in the room or play rock paper scissors/yankee doodle). You have to do the rub thing to get them happy and the requests appear to be random.

You will know when you did enough requests when you get the cuckoo clock.

oggob

If that was on response to me, then I am aware of all that, I have the clock from the requests.

It's literally a wall decal that isn't unlocking even though I've met the requirements.

Oh, it the one where you have to fix the friendship? That's strange. Never had that issue. You sure it went all dark/gloomy before you fixed the friendship?

I had the game crash once or twice. But unless it crashed while saving I don't see how it would glitch. Seems like you might have to replay it.

inafking

This is from other Miku thread:
That it was! I was really happy to be there and see it in person.
Let me do it intentionally then!
KmtBhl.jpg

The Hatsune Miku facebook page posted dates for Magical Mirai 2015 in September. 4-6th. It'll be at Nippon Budokan, which will look a lot more impressive than the weirdly school gym-esque arena for Mirai 2014 in Osaka.

When I went to Japan I was lucky I was chosen for the pre-sale lottery for Magical Mirai 2014 in Osaka, daytime performance

Now for a human error in typing my credit card number when I wrote it in the form to apply for the Magical Mirai 2015 presale lottery they offered me to buy 2 tickets for the september 4th performance:
CsIlqs6.gif

So please spare my life for being too lucky! (^_^;)
6gKZuef.gif

igor

Hey, has anyone ordered the game from Rice Digital during their sale?

It is supposedly on backorder and it's my first ever purchase there so I wonder if I am going to wait for 2 months before I eventually get the money back or they do genuinely wait for the stock... People here on GAF seem to really like that website so I wonder if anyone has a similar experience...

I got so hyped for the game reading over the thread - I put the first Project Diva back on my Vita and I realised I was playing this game wrong all this time. Playing it with two buttons for each symbol actually feels like playing a rhythm game. I was struggling with the Vita version (PSP ones were quite easy, but the soundtrack was great) for so long because it felt so off compared to, let's say, DJ Max series - it felt more like symbols were *vaguely* corresponding to the rhythm. Alternating buttons gives it a completely different feel... I miss the inputs a lot more since I need to get used to it, but I feel like my input is more accurate when I do hit the symbol.

I do hate the touch screen controls to the point I am not arsed about perfecting the stages - I don't know who the hell thought this would be a good idea to leave this gimmick. :/ I couldn't get into the game and the scratching eventually made me remove the game off th console. So hopefully I will receive Project Diva f 2nd soon...

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, has anyone ordered the game from Rice Digital during their sale?

It is supposedly on backorder and it's my first ever purchase there so I wonder if I am going to wait for 2 months before I eventually get the money back or they do genuinely wait for the stock... People here on GAF seem to really like that website so I wonder if anyone has a similar experience...
While not a sale, I pre-ordered another game from them last year. It was "In stock" for some days after release, then it was "Back-ordered". When I saw that I cancelled my order and went with Amazon. Then the game was "Discontinued" at Rice Digital so I guess they never got more copies.
So I'm very wary when it comes to ordering from them, it's the main reason I'm hesitating on ordering Mirai DX from them, because I don't really trust them.

igor

While not a sale, I pre-ordered another game from them last year. It was "In stock" for some days after release, then it was "Back-ordered". When I saw that I cancelled my order and went with Amazon. Then the game was "Discontinued" at Rice Digital so I guess they never got more copies.
So I'm very wary when it comes to ordering from them, it's the main reason I'm hesitating on ordering Mirai DX from them, because I don't really trust them.

Ugh I will wait for a few days and then cancel the order. I tweeted them but got no reply :( The price was probably too good to be true :(

EDIT: The game just shipped, so it seems like RiceDigital does have the game in stock. @21 euro it's cheaper than the digital edition on sale <3

Articalys

So this is kind of a super belated question, but how's the difficulty spread on the DLC songs? It's been an eternity since I last played the game, but somebody reminded me the last DLC song was released a short while ago, and I'd decided not to pay attention to them until they were all out and the song pack reached its maximum immediate value.

So this is kind of a super belated question, but how's the difficulty spread on the DLC songs? It's been an eternity since I last played the game, but somebody reminded me the last DLC song was released a short while ago, and I'd decided not to pay attention to them until they were all out and the song pack reached its maximum immediate value.

There's a wide spread of difficulty, tending towards easy. You won't find a new hardest song here, but you will probably find songs easier than the easiest song in the base game.

Difficulty tops out at songs like Rolling Girl, which are fairly challenging.

Articalys

There's a wide spread of difficulty, tending towards easy. You won't find a new hardest song here, but you will probably find songs easier than the easiest song in the base game.

Difficulty tops out at songs like Rolling Girl, which are fairly challenging.
That sounds... disappointing, even though I just wanted something moderately challenging and didn't need another Envy Cat Walk or Dream Fever. Maybe I should listen to all the songs, figure out which ones I like musically the most, then only get the top 3 or 4 hardest songs from that selection, despite the lesser value...

For now, I probably need to load up the game and see what the difficulties were for the most fun hard songs to play in the base song list. Then I can use that as a guideline for what to buy from the DLC set.

That sounds... disappointing, even though I just wanted something moderately challenging and didn't need another Envy Cat Walk or Dream Fever. Maybe I should listen to all the songs, figure out which ones I like musically the most, then only get the top 3 or 4 hardest songs from that selection, despite the lesser value...

For now, I probably need to load up the game and see what the difficulties were for the most fun hard songs to play in the base song list. Then I can use that as a guideline for what to buy from the DLC set.
I genuinely like the entire DLC set myself. It only trends easy because they, for the most part, try to represent the original note charts. This may or may not include Rosary Pale, which I think has the only pattern in the game that cannot be accomplished without "dual wielding".

And if also think the Song Club is such a good deal that no one who enjoys the game should pass it up. It's literally 16 songs for the price of 10, even before accounting for the fact NA DLC prices were 2/3 of JP DLC prices.

Articalys

I genuinely like the entire DLC set myself. It only trends easy because they, for the most part, try to represent the original note charts. This may or may not include Rosary Pale, which I think has the only pattern in the game that cannot be accomplished without "dual wielding".

And if also think the Song Club is such a good deal that no one who enjoys the game should pass it up. It's literally 16 songs for the price of 10, even before accounting for the fact NA DLC prices were 2/3 of JP DLC prices.
What "original note charts" are you talking about here? Are these all modified charts from Diva Arcade or something?

I know the full package DLC is a deal compared to separate songs, but $30 is still a hefty price to pay for what amounts to an expansion pack of just the songs, without the modules that are meant to accompany them.

What "original note charts" are you talking about here? Are these all modified charts from Diva Arcade or something?

The DLC songs are all (except Rosary Pale) taken from the PSP games. Soooome of the charts are a little bit tougher, but others not so much.

I thought all the DLC songs were way too easy. It never took me more than three tries to perfect any them on Extreme, including Rolling Girl. The song club was still totally worth it imo, since most of them are at least fun enough to play.

Supercell

Neo Member
Hello everyone. Has anyone here perfected Intense Voice on extreme? I've been trying for the past few days and there are still some "problem areas" that keep tripping me up. I've gotten pretty close though, close enough to keep me going.

Articalys

The DLC songs are all (except Rosary Pale) taken from the PSP games. Soooome of the charts are a little bit tougher, but others not so much.

I thought all the DLC songs were way too easy. It never took me more than three tries to perfect any them on Extreme, including Rolling Girl. The song club was still totally worth it imo, since most of them are at least fun enough to play.
Haha, they aren't even new songs to the franchise? I mean, I knew half the songs on the disc were from older games too, but man...

Guess I really need to listen to them to see how much I like them. Regardless of much fun they are to play, if they provide zero challenge I might as well just save my money and watch youtubes of the PVs instead. Might buy the hardest 2 or 3 though.

Haha, they aren't even new songs to the franchise? I mean, I knew half the songs on the disc were from older games too, but man...

Guess I really need to listen to them to see how much I like them. Regardless of much fun they are to play, if they provide zero challenge I might as well just save my money and watch youtubes of the PVs instead. Might buy the hardest 2 or 3 though.

A bunch of old songs were voted on to be in the game, and the ones that didn't make it at first got released as DLC. And Rosary Pale. It's kinda blergy that they only dipped into Arcade exclusives for one Kaito song. It was nowhere on my list of Arcade songs I wished they'd have ported over, but oh well. Maybe someday we'll all have Systematic Love.

You could watch gameplay on YT and see if they look too easy for you. The hardest ones are, I think, Solitude's End and Rolling Girl, but they're not really "hard" as much as just "kinda fast and spammy".

Articalys

A bunch of old songs were voted on to be in the game, and the ones that didn't make it at first got released as DLC. And Rosary Pale. It's kinda blergy that they only dipped into Arcade exclusives for one Kaito song. It was nowhere on my list of Arcade songs I wished they'd have ported over, but oh well. Maybe someday we'll all have Systematic Love.

You could watch gameplay on YT and see if they look too easy for you. The hardest ones are, I think, Solitude's End and Rolling Girl, but they're not really "hard" as much as just "kinda fast and spammy".
This wiki page (https://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/List+of+Songs+(F+2nd)) has a list of the difficulty rankings for each DLC song; is it accurate? I guess I can use that combined with how each song sounds to decide if it's worth it.

I know the full package DLC is a deal compared to separate songs, but $30 is still a hefty price to pay for what amounts to an expansion pack of just the songs, without the modules that are meant to accompany them.

Really? I think it's a great value. There isn't any song in the DLC I don't like and I think they're all fun to play.

I bought every DLC as it came out in Japan AND own the NA Song and Costume Clubs on top of it, so my value perceptions might be a bit distorted though.

This wiki page (https://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/List+of+Songs+(F+2nd)) has a list of the difficulty rankings for each DLC song; is it accurate? I guess I can use that combined with how each song sounds to decide if it's worth it.

That's just the difficulty ratings they have in the game. They're about right most of the time, though I'd say the 9 star songs are more like 8.5 stars. And the 8.5s are more like 8s.

Real talk, though? I think it's all pretty worth it. The updated PVs look great, too.

Articalys

Really? I think it's a great value. There isn't any song in the DLC I don't like and I think they're all fun to play.

I bought every DLC as it came out in Japan AND own the NA Song and Costume Clubs on top of it, so my value perceptions might be a bit distorted though.
You don't say.
That's just the difficulty ratings they have in the game. They're about right most of the time, though I'd say the 9 star songs are more like 8.5 stars. And the 8.5s are more like 8s.

Real talk, though? I think it's all pretty worth it. The updated PVs look great, too.
As long as they can offer at least some challenge...

-------------------------

Anyway, had a listen to all the DLC and... that's actually a pretty nice selection of songs. Good amount of energy in most of them (I'm looking at you, Uta ni Katachi wa Nai Keredo, though I guess everyone needs a break now and then), and the note counts look meaty enough. Just need to check back through the main game songs now to see if the difficulty/count is about the same proportionally, and if it looks good enough, I might be on board.

Have to say though, after (a) not having played this game in a long time, and (b) having played a completely separate rhythm game regularly for the last few months, it's going to take some rewiring of muscle memory before I feel comfortable I'll be able to get the most out of the DLC though.

(I still think $30 is a bit steep when they make you buy the song-specific modules separately though. If each song also at least included the one module meant to match the song, it would feel a bit fairer.)

TP

If you think $30 is too much for the pass consider buying it from Gamestop or Amazon
You might be able to find gift cards for those stores at a cheaper price at the B/S/T thread or elsewhere

I remember paying $20 for my pass thanks to a Gyft.com promotion last year

Articalys

You can buy the DLC code directly from Amazon? Well, that does make it a bit more tempting since it's a lot easier to get promo Amazon credit from places than PSN credit.

Also in playing back through the on-disc EX songs I've remembered the pain of screwing up a single note at the end of a 500+ note song. And in general, some of these charts are a lot more technical than I'd thought they were... then again, I had apparently only played the majority of them once back when I was going through the game (to unlock the Platinum skin). I think I'd be able to pass any of the EX DLC songs easily, but perfecting them will be an entirely different story.

Guys i have a problem

I have project diva F2 on vita ( JPN version ) and i've activated cross save.in the menu. i can't connect to PSN .

i don't know why.

I have the Diva F2 ( eu version ) on the same vita , and like the other game i can't connect to PSN ( in order to upload or download my save )

My vita is up to date , both games are up to date. what am i missing ?

i'm talking abourt the cross save feature , BTW

Guys i have a problem

I have project diva F2 on vita ( JPN version ) and i've activated cross save.in the menu. i can't connect to PSN .

i don't know why.

I have the Diva F2 ( eu version ) on the same vita , and like the other game i can't connect to PSN ( in order to upload or download my save )

Is your Vita's firmware up to date? That's the only reason I can think of preventing from accessing psn.

Redhood

Guys i have a problem

i don't know why.

There is something wrong with Project Diva F 2nd online on Vita!

The game refuses to connect to PSN sometimes.

If u will go to "Network" you will see that the WIFI is not even connected when u hold the PS button. I tired logging in on store and the reverted to game still had the error. "Unable to connect to PSN" This kept on till last night and finally I was able to connect. I had no issues to connect to "Network" on PD: F.

Is your Vita's firmware up to date? That's the only reason I can think of preventing from accessing psn.
Everything is up to date.

There is something wrong with Project Diva F 2nd online on Vita!

The game refuses to connect to PSN sometimes.

If u will go to "Network" you will see that the WIFI is not even connected when u hold the PS button. I tired logging in on store and the reverted to game still had the error. "Unable to connect to PSN" This kept on till last night and finally I was able to connect. I had no issues to connect to "Network" on PD: F.

That's pretty much my problem. i'm connected on PSN and receiving friends notifications, but the game just doesn't want to connect on the PSN

Mandelbo

In order to tide myself over until Project Mirai DX I've started playing this again.

Man, I really suck at some of these songs. Overall I prefer Diva F's song selection to F2nd's, but I can't fathom why I suck so hard at the slower songs, like Sakura Rain, yet can hold my own in the faster paced ones. It might just be because slow songs in rhythm games tend to bore me, or me accidentally rushing to hit the notes faster than I should be, but it's just wrong that the slower songs trip me up more than the faster ones.

It might just be because slow songs in rhythm games tend to bore me, or me accidentally rushing to hit the notes faster than I should be, but it's just wrong that the slower songs trip me up more than the faster ones.

Faster is often easier in rhythm games, at a sufficient skill level - which is why some advanced games let you set the speed as you like and don't even reward you for faster speeds.

A lot of it does, as you say, have to do with slow notes giving you too big of a window to screw up. Once you know you can hit a note when you see it, you don't need that window anymore.

kagamin

So is there any advice I could possibly receive for the last 3 songs on Extreme? I had a really hard time beating Envy Cat Walk and the closest I got to beating Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku was 79.9%.

Mandelbo

Faster is often easier in rhythm games, at a sufficient skill level - which is why some advanced games let you set the speed as you like and don't even reward you for faster speeds.

A lot of it does, as you say, have to do with slow notes giving you too big of a window to screw up. Once you know you can hit a note when you see it, you don't need that window anymore.

Yeah, in fact one of the first things I do when I play DJMax Portable is bump up the speed a couple of notches. Having fewer notes on the screen to process makes it easier for me in addition to the notes coming in faster.

Also, what is the most energetic, lively DLC song? I'm buying a PS1 game in a bit, but since I don't want to be charged £5 for something that only costs £3.99 I thought I may as well spend a bit more and actually get something for my extra money.

Andrefpvs

So is there any advice I could possibly receive for the last 3 songs on Extreme? I had a really hard time beating Envy Cat Walk and the closest I got to beating Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku was 79.9%.

Let's see. For Envy Cat Walk:

Make sure you hit all of the star notes, since they're not that difficult and will greatly help you pass the song. Use the analogue sticks if you aren't using them already.

Make sure you are able to near-perfectly dual wield at this time. This means being able to do this...:

Code:
Pattern: Cross Triangle Triangle Triangle

Buttons pressed: Cross Up Triangle Up

...instead of this:

Code:
Pattern: Cross Triangle Triangle Triangle

Buttons pressed: Cross Triangle Up Triangle

Also, the second Technical Zone isn't very hard at all. Just pay attention to the buttons and you should be able to get it with some practice. Just by nailing all star notes and both Technical Zones, you'll be close to passing the song. With some competent dual wielding thrown in, you'll be able to consistently pass the song, and even perhaps reach a Great ranking.

For Intense Voice:

If you are at a level where only the 3 hardest songs are giving you trouble, then there is no excuse for not pulling off a 206-note combo at the start of the song. It's way simpler than it looks.

After that, you will need to get the Chance Time bonus (filling up the star). With time, this will also be simpler than it looks, since most of it requires spamming the same note followed by some arrow notes. It might look daunting at the beginning, but after you figure it out, you'll be able to pull it off. Dual wielding is a must, of course.

After that and until the end of the song, you'll probably need to ignore the song and focus on the rhythm of the buttons. For example, right after Chance Time, the rhythm of the buttons becomes something like this:

ta ta ta tarata - ta ta tarata - ta ta tarata

...where every syllable represents a button. Some more patterns like this one show up after that. It's a matter of figuring them out. Playing with button sounds on may help for this.

kagamin

For Intense Voice:

If you are at a level where only the 3 hardest songs are giving you trouble, then there is no excuse for not pulling off a 206-note combo at the start of the song. It's way simpler than it looks.

After that, you will need to get the Chance Time bonus (filling up the star). With time, this will also be simpler than it looks, since most of it requires spamming the same note followed by some arrow notes. It might look daunting at the beginning, but after you figure it out, you'll be able to pull it off. Dual wielding is a must, of course.

After that and until the end of the song, you'll probably need to ignore the song and focus on the rhythm of the buttons. For example, right after Chance Time, the rhythm of the buttons becomes something like this:

ta ta ta tarata - ta ta tarata - ta ta tarata

...where every syllable represents a button. Some more patterns like this one show up after that. It's a matter of figuring them out. Playing with button sounds on may help for this.

Wow that helped a lot, I managed an 85% on Intense Voice.

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
MilesEdgeworth posted a new edit for those interested!

BPM: 181
Difficulty: 8 Stars
Names Mentioned: Song by Neru
Song MP3: http://www.mediafire.com/?xintfbtda6ye6w7Edit
Example: https://youtu.be/NcrMdIHY0JY
Upload ID: yUgr3 ?L8zH aA#ZA zQZau hz
Online ID: MilesEdgeworth
Side Notes: I think this came out a little easier than I intended, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Wish I could've put in lyrics, but I ran out of space. I had to cheat on the camera placements just to get all the lip movements in.
If you try it, I hope you like it, comments are welcome.

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ProjectDivaEdits/comments/3jl45d/edit_play_idola_circus/

It didn't seem like it would catch much traction since that subreddit is pretty dead.

Posting from mobile, sorry for any weird formatting...

Top Bottom