• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have dirt that could impeach Trump? Larry Flynt will pay you $10 million.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
You do know that it is a serious investigation and arguably one of the deepest and most wide reaching in history right? It's anything but fantasy.

Or maybe your grasp of that is as nebulous as the effect of a mere ten million dollars in the midterms which would amount to a rounding error.

Mueller is going to report his findings to the U.S. Congress. The Republican Party holds all the power. I don't have the optimism you do in Ryan and McConnell.

And since $10 mil is a rounding error I probably should stop giving money to my local races.

Are people assuming that Mueller is going frogmarch Trump out of the White House?

Please read the ad.

No, this is not the equivalent of a single issue conspiracy theory fueled by racism.

Oh no, I know that - clearly what's being investigated is not the same. This is actually a legitimate/serious thing, versus ridiculous conspiracy garbage.

I'm just saying that whatever is going to be found (if anything) by this will be decried as the equivalent, which sucks.

Mueller is going to report his findings to the U.S. Congress. The Republican Party holds all the power. I don't have the optimism you do in Ryan and McConnell.

Are people assuming that Mueller is going frogmarch Trump out of the White House?

Lmao, that’s not how this works. Muller’s not going to just go up to Congress and say what he found, then walk away.

Dude’s investigating EVERYBODY complicit in this, not just Trump. He’s gonna be working his way up there, issuing charges against peons, subponeaning others, until they can get the higher ups under oath with a mountain of evidence stacked against them.

I can’t believe there are still people in he “nothing will come of this” crowd at this point.

timberger

Considering he has already pulled so much heinous shit that would have finished any other President by now and has faced zero consequences yet, is there literally anything that could be dug up about Trump at this point that would get him impeached?

It's about a recording of Trump saying "nigger" on set of The Apprentice, isn't it? How would that hurt Trump in the eyes of his supporters and the Republican party?
Because now they can't pretend to not be racist and appearing to be racist is far worse than actually being racist.

SomTervo

Putin releases the peepee tapes and claim the 10mil.

pee-pee-tape.jpg

Pfft. For 10 billion maybe.

you know what, if Tom Arnold took $10 million from Flynt and give him some video that Flynt released and actually lead to the impeachment of Trump, that would somehow be practically the most appropriate end to all this.

Kyzer

Banned
My uncle works for Nintendo, and they say he drew dicks all over miiverse, and also that he's a sleeper cell manchurian candidate that was groomed by Putin to destroy the USA from within.

It's about a recording of Trump saying "nigger" on set of The Apprentice, isn't it? How would that hurt Trump in the eyes of his supporters and the Republican party?

Because to republicans, saying nigger with malice is the most hateful, racist thing that someone can do to a black person...completely ignoring institutional racism that they continue to build upon.

I was thinking about this. There has to be SOMETHING that would convince them all to completely turn on him if it was bad enough, right? Right? PLEASE?!?
Probably not.

But plenty of little things (including him being basically him) that all chip away from his supporters and his approval ratings show. He is at a constant net loss, if he drops enough (with republicans) they will stab him in the back mafia style.

With the possible exception of child molestation, apparently no amount of dirt is enough for the Republican party to initiate impeachment proceedings.

"I mean, come on folks, she looks legal, right? She wouldn't be dressed like that if she wasn't trying to trick me. If anything, I'm the victim here. Besides, I just read that Hillary Clinton might've been running a kiddy sex ring out of a pizza shop. Disgusting! What an awful woman."

That is a pretty good deal. With that much money Manafort can finally afford to pay his legal fees lol.
I was thinking about this. There has to be SOMETHING that would convince them all to completely turn on him if it was bad enough, right? Right? PLEASE?!?
A slaughter come 2018 midterms and by slaughter I mean them actually losing. They won't budge even if poll numbers look bad. Only actual results will move them because they're that afraid of Trump's insane base.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

What part of "Expect an indictment." don't you understand?

sarcastor

God bless you Larry Flynt, exposing pussies of all kinds.

10/10

Sure, I could use that $10 million to buy luxuries or further my businesses, but what could would that do me in a world devastated by the most powerful moron in history?’

God dammit, I wish more millionaires and billionaires were like him and contribute their money to get Donald Trump impeached. I wonder if Trump will sue him for libel.

FiggyCal

Banned
Because to republicans, saying nigger with malice is the most hateful, racist thing that someone can do to a black person...completely ignoring institutional racism that they continue to build upon.

I think you should give conservatives more credit than that.

The issue is more so that saying the n-word is really not a impeachable offense. I don't know why it would be.

Sulik2

Because now they can't pretend to not be racist and appearing to be racist is far worse than actually being racist.

His diehard base loves that he is openly racist. His approval rating would go up if that Apprentice tape released. There is a good 1/5 to 1/4 of this country that are white supremacists and that is Trump's powerbase. He'll shed moderates and continue to gain more and more crazy diehards.

Shadybiz

....So when they start casting for the movie that will eventually be made out of all this, do we get Woody Harrelson to reprise his role as Flynt??

His diehard base loves that he is openly racist. His approval rating would go up if that Apprentice tape released. There is a good 1/5 to 1/4 of this country that are white supremacists and that is Trump's powerbase. He'll shed moderates and continue to gain more and more crazy diehards.
The thing about his base and supporters is: they're now a minority. The more toxic he becomes to everyone else, the easier it is for them to impeach without looking bad to the majority. Trump's shrinking base doesn't really matter. Anyone that feels that way already supports him. His numbers can only go down from something like that.

In addition to that. It's about optics. Calling someone a nigger is pretty much the only thing that will get most people to agree that "yeah this person is a racist". Trump can be as implicitly racist as he wants and get away with it in the eyes of most people. Call someone a nigger however? Well we've seen how that worked out for Hogan's career along with Gibson ducking out for a while. And those were just media personalities. I don't think you understand the gravity of the president of the United States beyond a doubt with proof demeaning a sizeable portion of the population by using a racial slur, especially that one.

Top Bottom