• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever engaged in civil disobedience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
OOOh yeah once i was in a riot up at school. Luckily i dipped off and got away, still got caught in the tear gas though :-(

I want to engage in civil disobedience too. I was in a walk out at high school once and it was really fun. Plus, there's plenty of things wrong with the system that I'm not too fond of.

SickBoy

In our elementary/junior high school we went on "strike" and caused some civilized trouble in class. It ultimately won us back playground rights the evil administration had stripped from us.

-SB

GDGF

Soothsayer
During my Junior year in high school, pretty much the entire school (save for several teachers and about 100 or so students) staged a walkout in protest of our Principal being forced to resign. We were several thousand strong. We went to the local school board (where they were voting on whether he would be allowed to return after he was properly accredited, as he was missing a certain one) but we lost, and he never returned. He was a great Principal too. I really was totally cought up in the moment. It felt like I was living 'Lean on Me' or something.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Back in gradeschool there was a rumor of some of the more popular teachers being forced to quit, and there was a walk-out arranged. I opted to not go, and surprize, it was just a rumor after all. Funny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom