• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Have you seen me?"Do these ESPN 2k5 quality assurance peeps even exist? names inside

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
etiolate said:
Anyone else notice this money play? On the first posession of every game I just make a dump pass left to my halfback and he runs all the way for a TD every time. I've done this on two difficulties, so I am not sure if this is just an AI thing or an absolute money play.

I just don't think it's fun. What if I get a fumble recovery, run it back and the player gets injured? Then the whole play is overturned? I'm out a player and get nothing. All in the sake of realism? It's a part of the real NFL that the NFL would be better without, so I would rather have my game without it.

That could easily happen in the real NFL. I'm not a super-realism freak and it's obviously going to be a long time before we get anything near a realistic football game, but I like the Challenge stuff as it adds more strategy to the game. If refs made 20 mistakes every game or something, then I'd say it's stupid, but the way it's done is quite enjoyable, when a guy gets a catch close to the sideline I right away have to think if it's worth a challenge, which will usually depend on how close I was paying attention and if I caught the moment in question, which is a decision NFL coaches have to make too (granted they have assistants helping them out). Different strokes, though.

Top Bottom