• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Lotta laughs tonight. Mike fucking up the inauguration... I saw that one coming.

I wonder where the next season will pick up.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how next season develops. Thought they would drag out the campaigning longer, but they just finished up NH.

KiN0

That episode was bleak. I mean this show has had its difficult moments before but that last episode was really hard to watch, especially those pictures at the end. Next season will probably be a steady downward spiral back to the vice president's office

Peru

That episode was bleak. I mean this show has had its difficult moments before but that last episode was really hard to watch, especially those pictures at the end. Next season will probably be a steady downward spiral back to the vice president's office

Well she's still the president!

Actually the whole acting president thing while campaigning (poorly) is a preetty damn neat trick for the next season - changes things up in a number of ways but doesn't give her the total triumph of being POTUS either.

These two episodes were so packed, there was so much there. I feel like I've just started processing them and need to watch them 2-3 more times.

The toilet scene tho.

Tex117

Banned
I mean, the show is funny, but IMO its better when they go all into panic mode over nothing (ie, over a fictional POTUS). It will be interesting to see how the dynamics play out when she is straight up POTUS.

Dany

Banned
Second episode was just a downward spiral. man ;(

Also, since she is POTUS, why are the democrats still racing against her? I mean...circumstances have changed and the party should fall in line with the president.

StuBurns

Banned
Because she's heading to Super Tuesday in second place right now and senior party members want the White House.

I hope they don't have her stay on VP, I could see it happening, but I'd be disappointed.

Peru

Next season may be the last, and I'm not sure what happens - she'll sit as a president for a while, anyway, struggling with the party on every side, and then finally.. something. My thoughts go back to the last season of The Thick of It - because that was perhaps the bleakest season of television ever, even while being funny. They really ended up stranding their characters in the pits of hell. Wonder if that will be the case with Veep.

In any case I have no problem naming season 3 of Veep one of the all time best seasons of any show.

It would be very hard, even in this wacky universe, for her to somehow lose the primary and still be brought on as a VP candidate for the next guy. I'm interested to see what they do seeing as they can't simply hit a reset button on it, sitcom style.

Peru

Bpp3tVPIIAAIzel.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
It would be very hard, even in this wacky universe, for her to somehow lose the primary and still be brought on as a VP candidate for the next guy. I'm interested to see what they do seeing as they can't simply hit a reset button on it, sitcom style.
If she loses, her political career is over anyway, Chung hasn't announced a running mate, if he's kicking her ass going into the primary, she's either bowing out, or she's returning to VP. The show would end if she quits, so she's either Chung's VP, or she's the President.

The Thick of It is an interesting comparison, in that the show revolves around the office, not the characters, when a new person gets the job, the show stays on them. That's obviously not going to be the case here. If she's President, we're not going to have a season about her VP.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Fantastic 2 episodes finale and a fantastic season.

Amazing eps and finale.

That bathroom scene killed me.
I was laughing out loud just as much as them during that scene. Actual tears in my eyes.

Great episodes, Jonah lol was hilarious in both. Especially in episode 9.
– Mom, do you think that you could talk to Uncle Jeff for me?
– No.
– I want a job on my own merits and I think that he's the guy to get it for me.
– You know, we're not on good terms.
– You don't have to fuck him, Mom. You just have to call him.

:lol :lol

Something that is bugging me, why did Ben Cafferty spend so much time with the VEEP, why would the White House Chief of Staff need to be with her so much? It was always apparent that the two of them appeared to be pretty good friends and Selina respects him a lot. I thought it was cause he wanted a job with her, but then as soon as she's pres he wants to retire.

Also agree with the sentiment that Selina won't be veep again. It's win the election and the show becomes POTUS or lose and the show ends

Ben might have been part of her campaign in some capacity. They had some sort of agreement where he would help her through her campaign. Last episode made it clear he didn't want the job though.

Grizzo

I just watched the season finale. Man, what a great way to end a fantastic season. Nothing really changed, she's still the same, as the president or the veep.

I'm gonna miss Selina and her crew for the next 10 months or so.

Finally got around to watching the finale episodes. Such a funny show, can't wait to see the fuckups as prez.

"This is like Kathy Bates in Misery" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom