• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Just marathoned the entire series this week. Hilarious and a very worthy successor to The Thick of It, plus as an American I appreciate being able to understand most all of the references.

Weighing in on what next season is going to look like: I'm thinking that it's going to pick up after a couple more months and Selina's hopes of winning the Primaries are dashed, and come July/August she's forced to, once again, run as Vice President under either Chung or Thornhill, hence how they can keep the title.

They've started shooting S4 recently.

First bit of casting news that I've heard: Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On ‘Veep’

WCNDhtP.jpg

slit

I love the show, but how can they still call it Veep, when she's no longer Veep? Shouldn't it change to POTUS?

- EW: Hugh Laurie heading to 'Veep'
Hugh Laurie is White House bound.

The British actor, best known for his two-time, Golden Globe-winning turn as the title character on House, is joining Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Veep, EW has confirmed.

The HBO political comedy left off with vice president Selina Meyer (Louis-Dreyfus) ascending to the oval office when POTUS resigned to take care of his wife. The show is now heading into its fourth season.

Details are unknown about Laurie’s role at this time, but with Meyer in charge, at least for the time being, someone might fill the role of vice president. Something to consider…

SyNapSe

Great news with Laurie joining the cast. I can see him fitting in perfectly
Perhaps it'll give it a bit of ratings push or new viewers? The show deserves it

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I kind of wish Fox would bring the show back as an "event series" like they did with 24.

He wouldn't do it. It was a struggle to get him signed up for that long.

Hugh Laurie is the best, I've been a fan since... Jeeves and Wooster maybe? This is fantastic, incredible news.

She is still good looking but I always loved how she looked so great for her age but the short hair just makes her look older. But on the show I guess that's what they're going for.

JDSN

Banned
I wonder if they are gonna turn Laurie on a Tucker-like character, but then again Furlong already plays that role.

BigAT

I'm a big Game of Thrones fan, but I'm actually looking forward to the return of Veep more this year than GoT. Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom