• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"He became angry and ordered the class to masturbate if they intended to pass"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronito

LordCanti said:
Perfect, even though I'm not sure "describe how often you masturbate, and then double that amount" is an okay subject given that course description. Should have added "also, we're going to get personal"
I dunno, like I said it seems more advanced than the intro stuff but this line in the course description
Ability to apply course materials to case studies and their own sexual development.

I mean ok, it's vague but what exactly did she expect?

LordCanti

ronito said:
I dunno, like I said it seems more advanced than the intro stuff but this line in the course description

I mean ok, it's vague but what exactly did she expect?

Abstinence before marriage. Missionary after, only for the purposes of conception. Absolutely no masturbation, as it's immoral and it can make you blind.

samus i am said:
Sounds like the easiest A+ ever. The old lady's fucking it up for everybody.

Reading that assignment, I'm completely jealous. Lie to him and say I've doubled my time in the bunk, and I get an A?

I'd do anything for a class that easy.

ronito

LordCanti said:
Abstinence before marriage. Missionary after, only for the purposes of conception. Absolutely no masturbation, as it's immoral and it can make you blind.
Yeah but then why'd she even sign up?....oh right. She's 60.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That's pretty hot. I could pass this class with a 120% grade. Breathing room to blow off a quiz or two.

Do you get extra credit if you manage to get someone else to do it for you?

I had to ask.

Edit: Or is that cheating? =o

ScOULaris

TOUCH YOURSELF AND DRAW YOUR ORGASMS! DO IT OR YOU FAIL THE CLASS!

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad, even for a progressive human sexuality class.

BosSin

tumblr_ljbjj3tulm1qflc28o1_500.jpg

ScOULaris said:

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad, even for a progressive human sexuality class.
She tried to opt out of the term paper which is basically a personal sexual history. Again, if you aren't comfortable with sex, why take the class? I imagine even the male virgins would have masturbation stories to tell.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
I'm surprised the guy never had a problem before. This lady is pretty silly, but if a student decided to take that class to help process his or her childhood sexual trauma it is not even a question that the student should be able to keep that information private and still pass the class. Detailing your own sexual history or "drawing" orgasms is uh. Not information the professor has a right to.

Also, implying to the class that the woman is complaining because she has damaged sexuality is extremely unprofessional especially because MAYBE THAT'S TRUE. I mean Christ, maybe this woman doesn't masturbate because she was raped in 1963, this asshole doesn't know that. But he should, because he's a PROFESSOR TEACHING A CLASS ABOUT SEXUALITY.

She doesn't masturbate ever?

Found her problem.

Ela Hadrun said:
I'm surprised the guy never had a problem before. This lady is pretty silly, but if a student decided to take that class to help process his or her childhood sexual trauma it is not even a question that the student should be able to keep that information private and still pass the class. Detailing your own sexual history or "drawing" orgasms is uh. Not information the professor has a right to.

Also, implying to the class that the woman is complaining because she has damaged sexuality is extremely unprofessional especially because MAYBE THAT'S TRUE. I mean Christ, maybe this woman doesn't masturbate because she was raped in 1963, this asshole doesn't know that. But he should, because he's a PROFESSOR TEACHING A CLASS ABOUT SEXUALITY.

I don't know, if I'm a rape victim I would seek counseling, not take a sexuality course at college such as this. If I'm suffering from PTSD or something, the last thing I want to do is take a course that's going to trigger it.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Devolution said:
She doesn't masturbate ever?

Found her problem.

I don't know, if I'm a rape victim I would seek counseling, not take a sexuality course at college such as this. If I'm suffering from PTSD or something, the last thing I want to do is take a course that's going to trigger it.

I knew a couple of women in college who were basically trying to cover their sexual trauma with sociology courses. It was a bad idea. Very, very, very bad idea.

Basically I think this guy is lucky that his first shitstarter is just a prude. HR can look over the legal shit and tell this guy what he needs to do (like not require a personal sexual inventory for his class without saying so in the description) to cover his ass and then everything can proceed.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
ScOULaris said:

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad
sounds pretty badass.

"I draw my orgasm every time my pen touches paper. I live my life through sex, and sex lives through me. The thrust of our sexual drive, it's what propels human evolution. It's what propels my day to day interactions. It's what propels me to put my phallic shaped pen to mother-like paper, ejaculating all over each receptive page. All ideas are conceived through sex, so when I write these words I'm hoping whomever reads them is getting their rocks off. I want to make your mind simply explode...just how mother nature intended."

Ela Hadrun said:
I knew a couple of women in college who were basically trying to cover their sexual trauma with sociology courses. It was a bad idea. Very, very, very bad idea.

Basically I think this guy is lucky that his first shitstarter is just a prude. HR can look over the legal shit and tell this guy what he needs to do (like not require a personal sexual inventory for his class without saying so in the description) to cover his ass and then everything can proceed.

Yeah he should probably have a way for people to take the course and opt out of certain things, have a second option if they feel uncomfortable with the interpersonal stuff but want to learn about everything else. If there is a course that doesn't get this invasive, that should have been on the table for her.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ferrio said:
Oh fuck I hate old women going back to college in my class, the worst worst worst worst.

I hate to generalize but yeah sometimes they can be a drag but not all.

ronito

Devolution said:
Yeah he should probably have a way for people to take the course and opt out of certain things, have a second option if they feel uncomfortable with the interpersonal stuff but want to learn about everything else. If there is a course that doesn't get this invasive, that should have been on the table for her.
When I took my sexuality classes the first week was all about talking about what the class was about and whether or not you felt you could stay in the class. So all of us knew what we were getting into quite thoroughly.

andymcc

Banned
i think "i'm sixty and don't masturbate" translates to, "i'm sixty, single and i masturbate more times than a single-subject notebook would allow me to detail."

Mudkips

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
The class description does not match the material assigned. It sounds like the professor is a bit of a pervert, to be honest.

Nor is the material assigned of any intellectual value.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
why didnt she just drop the class and take another one? seriously colleges are full of bullshit courses, theres a college with a course on super smash brothers, and i remember in my days there was a class based on the warriors, a paintball class, a class based on star trek. She should've just went to her advisor and found another class to fufill that bullshit requirement geez.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
DUFFMCWALIN said:
Old people at college are generally the worst.

I'm taking a doctorate level class to finish up my masters since the masters level class wasn't offered this semester and every single person in the class is a lady that is at least 50 years old. It's a fucking nightmare. Some are actually not annoying at all but at least half make me want to throw things. One lady in particular makes me grind my goddamn teeth every time she opens her fat fucking mouth to inevitably contradict me and argue against something I've said for no real reason than to have people listen to her babble on.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ela Hadrun said:

That's why you go to the professor outside of class time during their office hours and explain your situation.

That a 60 year old woman would be shocked by the content of a class about sex intended primarily for 18 year olds is hardly surprising. Good to see the school seems to be standing by the professor.

BosSin

siddx said:
I'm taking a doctorate level class to finish up my masters since the masters level class wasn't offered this semester and every single person in the class is a lady that is at least 50 years old. It's a fucking nightmare. Some are actually not annoying at all but at least half make me want to throw things. One lady in particular makes me grind my goddamn teeth every time she opens her fat fucking mouth to inevitably contradict me and argue against something I've said for no real reason than to have people listen to her babble on.
I don't think I would be able to take that, would end up either swearing at the lady or just doing all the theory by reading up on the shit rather than attending the lecture

Baron said:
That sounds like it would be the awesomest class ever.

edit: wait, I take that back. That's a bad idea.

It would at least make any other sex you have more bearable, because it could never be as awkward as that assignment.

Procrasturbate:
Function: -verb

1.) To waste time (procrastinate) by pleasuring oneself (masturbate), putting off other work that one should be doing by masturbating.

2.) To screw oneself (figuratively) by not doing work when one should be.

i.e. "I had an english paper due, but I spent all day yesterday procrasturbaiting, and boy am I in trouble now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom