• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads up! GAMEHEADZ Documentary coming on Discovery Science In 5 Minutes!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Flipping through the channels and saw this just a sec ago. It's a great documentary, if you've never seen it. Lots of Atari, Nintendo, and Spectrum info. Good show.

That's 5 AM EST, BTW.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Damn right they could.

I made snacks! Not too often something unexpected and cool comes on this early in the AM. It's like when you turn it to The Movie Channel at 4:30 AM or so and they're playing Heavy Metal (the movie) :)

hobbitx

Lost Weekend said:
Damn right they could.

I made snacks! Not too often something unexpected and cool comes on this early in the AM. It's like when you turn it to The Movie Channel at 4:30 AM or so and they're playing Heavy Metal (the movie) :)

Yeah seriously, I wish more good stuff like this aired more often.

Tekuno you don't have the science channel in your area?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
hobbitx said:
Tekuno you don't have the science channel in your area?
I'm in South Florida, subscribed to Adelphia. Just scanned all the channels and no Discovery Science although I do have regular Discovery Channel.

I would have LOVED to have seen this. I appreciate the heads up though guys, kind of you to do so.

doncale

Banned
I'm watching it now. I turned it on during the commercial before the last segment. another commercial is on now. gonna see the part of the teenage/kid millionars. very cool stuff. Nolan thinks selling Atari to Warner was the stupidest thing he ever did. man. videogame history. love it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
No prob. You might want to check that Discovery channel of yours though, just to be safe.

They're getting ready to talk about the Darlings I believe (for those old school UK scene fans)

Nevermind, wrong set of UK kid programing brothers :) It's the Oliver twins.

Edit#2 here come the Darlings.

doncale

Banned
and although I dont care for most Nintendo games, I will say this, Miyamoto's childhood memories & fantasies just RULE. damn the people who say day dreamers are loosers :D

GDGF

Soothsayer
Miyamoto is the man. It does my heart good to see him get his props.

I want this documentary on DVD!

Hah, wow I just came in on this in the half hour very cool. It's like all the interesting stuff of Icons.. but without all those stupid interviews (EGM? IGN? PFFT!). But I'll have to catch the next airing and see how the first half was which according to my cable is 5am, 10am, and 1pm. (It's currently 2:51 now, so figure it out).

MaddenNFL64

Ack, I missed all but the end with the tetris stuff... :(

There are repeats throughout the day, so i'll make sure to catch one :).

doncale

Banned
what an awesome documentary. hope someone captured it, and can upload it for all
(with highspeed internet!) to download and enjoy.

now I have a simple question......

WHY DOES ASTEROIDS LOOKS SO FREAKING GOOD ON TELEVISION, IN ITS ORIGINAL, UNEMULATED, ARCADE FORM ???????????????

Top Bottom