• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

[Sigma]

Chaos!
giphy.webp

ap_puff

Played a couple hours last night after a couple weeks off. Game feels wayy better since they toned down the ragdolling from impalers. I'm pretty optimistic on where the game is headed tbh

DelireMan7

I am curious to try. On the concept I am not a fan.
I have quite some concerns about it. Support weapons seems pretty strong now for dealing with big "threat" so I am sure quite some orbital strike and other stratagem will be made much less attractive.
Hope the tactical, teamwork and challenging aspect are remaining. But since now everybody can easy way to deal with big enemies, I think it will be more "4 dudes running around and shooting everything"

Holammer

Checked the change log, I like how Autocannon, Anti-materiel Rifle & Heavy Machine Gun can now deal damage to large enemies like Titans and Chargers. The spear should be able to reliably one-shot chargers, plus all the other anti-tank weapons have increased damage.
A couple of the old guns now have a 60 round drum magazine and most bullet based rifles come with an extra magazine.

dmaul1114

Haven’t played in a couple months so I missed all the gripes about the last big update. Seems now it a good time to jump back in. Maybe I’ll fire it up in a bit as I’m taking a lazy day after a long word day yesterday whilst still being jet lagged from a combo work/vacation trip abroad.

Paltheos

Just curious if anyone else has this problem: My friends and I tried grouping up over the weekend and earlier last week too, and the game would not allow us in either instance to make a group of four. Hell, we couldn't get three people on one ship (although oddly two kinda worked, but I also got kicked for some reason from the lobby). We've played many times prior. Eventually we gave up and just played some Darktide instead.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just curious if anyone else has this problem: My friends and I tried grouping up over the weekend and earlier last week too, and the game would not allow us in either instance to make a group of four. Hell, we couldn't get three people on one ship (although oddly two kinda worked, but I also got kicked for some reason from the lobby). We've played many times prior. Eventually we gave up and just played some Darktide instead.
Try having everyone check their NAT on the PC or PS5 network. Everyone should be NAT 2.

reading that the personal shield pack is bugged in that most melee hits from bugs won't deplete it's energy so you're basically going around in good mode unless there's any spitting or explosive damage. anyone wants to test it out? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
reading that the personal shield pack is bugged in that most melee hits from bugs won't deplete it's energy so you're basically going around in good mode unless there's any spitting or explosive damage. anyone wants to test it out? :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I have seen this happen prior to this patch and it seemed like a random once in a while hit would go through the shield and damage you. Have not tested it post patch yet, I will try it out later.

Last edited:
Youtube video by arrowhead about the patch details. Does a way better job at telling what all has changed.

Some really great changes. First time in this game that I feel like trying out various weapons. First time, you actually have a good choice in primary, secondary, grenades and even strategms. Seems well balanced and the changes seem well thought out. It's not only buffs, but rather removing annoying enemy details( weak spots not acting as weak spots, for example) while giving players more options to deal with any situation.

Lunarorbit

Looked at the steam numbers yesterday when I was talking about extraction shooters and it had 28,000 peak. Like others I haven't played in a few months; great opportunity to jump back in

coachmcguirk91

Neo Member
Almost 100k views for a 35 minutes video of 2 dudes talking about patch notes. This game legs will be legendary.
There is almost certainly a new enemy faction releasing before end of year. Apparently it was mostly done before launch. Also, vehicles should be making an appearance as well, as hacked leaks showed

I'm really interested how this game looks one year from now. The lead developer stated they threw out their long term road map after launch to something way more ambitious. That will take time, but HD2 will get huge numbers with any big update. The developers just need to figure out a way to make the game less repetitive. The player base is just waiting to come back

There is almost certainly a new enemy faction releasing before end of year. Apparently it was mostly done before launch. Also, vehicles should be making an appearance as well, as hacked leaks showed

I'm really interested how this game looks one year from now. The lead developer stated they threw out their long term road map after launch to something way more ambitious. That will take time, but HD2 will get huge numbers with any big update. The developers just need to figure out a way to make the game less repetitive. The player base is just waiting to come back
Honestly, I will be shocked if they don't hit 50k-100k concurrent players( counting both pc and ps) in the next week or two. The update seems to address almost all the major complaints and the game honestly feels like a different game. It seems far more fun

Edit: Apparently it already reached 90k+ concurrent players yesterday Reddit post showing active players

Last edited:

coachmcguirk91

Neo Member
Honestly, I will be shocked if they don't hit 50k-100k concurrent players( counting both pc and ps) in the next week or two. The update seems to address almost all the major complaints and the game honestly feels like a different game. It seems far more fun
The balancing issues isn't the reason for declining CCU, imo. The hardcore fanbase that never left will be happy. Arrowhead needs to find a way to entice players to continue playing without it feeling as repetitive. Many gamers upgraded everything they could, and there is not a ton of reason to keep playing once doing that. Every PvE game goes through CCU lulls between updates. HD2 is obviously not immune to that. The game is still doing really well regardless

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I will drop in this game again this week. Im really interested what these ambitious plans are for Helldivers 2

The Bots are now fun to play. Holy fuck if this is how the game released in terms of balance, it would have had even more massive legs.
They fixed a lot of things and also made it more fair, you can take out the fabricators with the recoiless , and even the commando, and EAT.
Rocket devestators now have reload mechanics, and the 500 KG ACTUALLY WORKS AFTER MANY MONTHS. I can consistently nuke out 10-20 enemies on a base.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Bots are now fun to play. Holy fuck if this is how the game released in terms of balance, it would have had even more massive legs.
They fixed a lot of things and also made it more fair, you can take out the fabricators with the recoiless , and even the commando, and EAT.
Rocket devestators now have reload mechanics, and the 500 KG ACTUALLY WORKS AFTER MANY MONTHS. I can consistently nuke out 10-20 enemies on a base.
The 'Gone in 360 seconds!' trophy should be a breeze now. Especially with 500kg/Orbital combined with the secondary buffs.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't understand the buff to the the arc weapons, they speak about stun build up with every hit, but the arc weapons were already stun machines before this upgrade, it was one of the best thing about the blitzer, it was stopping all medium enemies in their tracks...

DelireMan7

Made an operation.

Lvl 7. It was more easy than before for sure.
All big threats dying quite fast. Not sure I'll enjoy it on the long run.
Will see on higher difficulty how it is.

ap_puff

I don't understand the buff to the the arc weapons, they speak about stun build up with every hit, but the arc weapons were already stun machines before this upgrade, it was one of the best thing about the blitzer, it was stopping all medium enemies in their tracks...
There's 2 different mechanics, stagger/stumble is the thing that makes enemies flinch, stun is the thing that makes them stand around and do nothing. Stagger has an instantaneous recovery it just interrupts whatever animation/attack they're doing.

I have seen this happen prior to this patch and it seemed like a random once in a while hit would go through the shield and damage you. Have not tested it post patch yet, I will try it out later.

tried the personal shield pack and it indeed is not using any energy when getting hit by bug melees. my fellow Helldivers, have fun.

Wow, it feels like a lot more things are usable now. Guns are legitimate sidegrades over each other instead of having clear winners. The support weapon changes are also phenomenal now that more things can damage heavies. Time to switch to Peak Physique + HMG + Eruptor.

EDIT: The thermite grenade can kill bile titans! I'll still mostly use the stun grenade but this is amazing.

Last edited:
Overview
  • Fix for SH-32 Shield Generator Pack
  • Crash fix

Fixes
  • Fix for a crash during host migration when a new player joins.
  • Helldivers were accidentally granted the SH-32 Shield Generator Packs from General Brasch´s personal stash. These are reserved for 10 star generals only. The workers at the distribution center have been sent to re-education camps and regular shields will resume distribution.

aw. oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm still getting a glitch on the missions where you call down a console to drill and nuke an area with bugs. Can't interact with the console, forcing a mission failure.
This happens every time I do that mission now.

Top Bottom