• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help Me Get A GOOD Digital Camera Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking over almost every website I can find I still cant make a decision on which on would be best! I would love one that would cover both ends of what I am looking from looking from a camera. That been good for friends and family shots but also landscape shots of the environment and animals. A good zoom would be a plus as well!

I would like if it was pocketsize but it would not matter if it was a small bit bigger. I would also like it to be up to date so I would not have to buy one for a few years.

I have a budget of around 600 Euros (which is about the same in $$ I think) but i could strech a bit more for a quality cam.

What camera have you, or what would you buy if you were looking for one? Share some shots you have taken with you camera if you want as it is always fun to look at.

Thanks to anyone that helps!!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I'm a Canon fan myself. Look at the 3MP Elf. Great images, small form factor...

Good bang for the buck would also be the Canon A60, 70 or 80. 2, 3 and 4 mega pixels respectively.

You plan on taking any movies with it?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
IMO...

If you're gonna spend $600, you can afford to save a little more and get a real camera.

SLR baby!

Anything else is just a point-n-shoot with features.

Nikon D1 is that!

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member

xsarien

daedsiluap
If you're willing to spend that much, the sky's the limit, really. The Canon Powershot S60 is apparently a very good choice, as is the S1 IS (if having a 10x zoom lens is your thing, anyway. That's its big selling point.)

There's also the Sony DSC-V1. I'd (and this is just my personal preference) stick with Canon, though. Their DIGIC shit is actually pretty hardcore, and, well, historically speaking they've always been good as far as cameras go.

I recently purchased one as well, here's the old(?) thread where people posted some sample shots, and expounded further on the topic:

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2673

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Nikon D1 is that!"

or , as the Digital Rebel second model is coming out soon (?) then the original DR might drop a little?

*strokes Digital Rebel*

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
DCharlie said:
"Nikon D1 is that!"

or , as the Digital Rebel second model is coming out soon (?) then the original DR might drop a little?

*strokes Digital Rebel*

!

link me to new digital rebel.

nitewulf

i'm surprised im saying this, but don't start off with a DSLR like the digi rebel or the nikon. get used to digi cams first, and if you wanna buy a good one, i'd recommend the powershot g5 strongly. you might also look at the nikons in that range (though i find their controls/menus to be counter intuitive) and the sony DSC-V1, and also the sony f717 (i'd recommend it over the V1, and you might find it cheaper now since sony discontinued the model).
on the other hand, if you have experience using film SLRS, and really want the absolute best, then go for either the digi rebel, or the d1, or even the sony model.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
You can't go wrong with Sony or Nikon. Unless things have changed the past 2 years.

Timbuktu

how come no one's mentioned D70? Much cheaper than D1, much better than Digital Rebel or even Nikon's own D100. I absolutely love it. Handles just like film slrs. Amazing kit lens too.

Shompola

Banned
Canon PowerShot A80 = 300 Euro
Compact Flash extra 256 Megabyte memory = 50 Euro

350 Euro and you have a good camera that will do most stuff you itend to do.

Optical Zoom is 3x, wich might not be good I don't know.

I just got a Canon SD110 Digital ELPH yesterday and I am really impressed by it. It's easy to use, and incredibly tiny, and of course it takes great pictures too. Well worth the $260 I spent on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom