• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oasis Reunion possible?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The band also hit out at the system, saying: "It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management."

I heard that Ticketmaster don't enable dynamic pricing unless instructed to do so. So, management told them to do it. I can't believe that the band had no idea what the pricing was - how much they make is directly correlated to that. There's no way it wasn't discussed.

So I assume that now this has blown up to be a big news story, the management are protecting them and is issuing statements blaming management - themselves - on behalf of the band.

clarky

Gold Member
Dynamic Pricing is also ridiculous in this instance. When would these tickets not be in demand? Just Price the lot at £350. Sure people would moan about the price but at least they'd be honest about it.

Remember the good old days? £22.50 for the line up of a life time at Knebworth. Even the same tickets for the Roses at Heaton Park just 10 odd years ago where "only" £50.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Dynamic Pricing is also ridiculous in this instance. When would these tickets not be in demand? Just Price the lot at £350. Sure people would moan about the price but at least they'd be honest about it.

Remember the good old days? £22.50 for the line up of a life time at Knebworth. Even the same tickets for the Roses at Heaton Park just 10 odd years ago where "only" £50.
Tbh, when they announced £150 standing tickets, with no golden circle, meaning you could get to the front, I thought that was pretty good value now.

But yeah, ticket prices are crazy now - but that's what happens when nobody buys music.

I was never a big Oasis fan, so the economics are the most interesting bit to me. I am wondering what scenes there will be from the concert. I can imagine it being either a life affirming happy day out.

Or total carnage with parkas and Vespas flying everywhere as pissed 40 year old dads cut loose like it's 1997 again.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Tbh, when they announced £150 standing tickets, with no golden circle, meaning you could get to the front, I thought that was pretty good value now.

But yeah, ticket prices are crazy now - but that's what happens when nobody buys music.

I was never a big Oasis fan, so the economics are the most interesting bit to me. I am wondering what scenes there will be from the concert. I can imagine it being either a life affirming happy day out.

Or total carnage with parkas and Vespas flying everywhere as pissed 40 year old dads cut loose like it's 1997 again.
It will be total carnage for sure. Much like the Roses it'll be the biggest Karaoke of all time. Anyone there knows every single word to every single tune they will play.

I'm expecting nothing but a nostalgic day out, if they are decent then its a bonus. Hopefully its not pissing down.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
if they are decent then its a bonus.

Set your expectations here:

and I reckon it'll be great by comparison if nothing else!

I saw one of my favourite bands who reformed on the nostalgia circuit and I think they were probably better that time around than if I'd seen them the first time around. I have no doubt that Oasis will absolutely smash it at these gigs.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Set your expectations here:

and I reckon it'll be great by comparison if nothing else!

I saw one of my favourite bands who reformed on the nostalgia circuit and I think they were probably better that time around than if I'd seen them the first time around. I have no doubt that Oasis will absolutely smash it at these gigs.

Oh yeah I've seen them loads back in the day. Sometimes great, sometimes bang average and then sometimes fucking awful.

I've seen both Liam and Noel recently-ish and they were pretty good. Liams voice is much improved. I've no doubt they won't want to tarnish their reputation by phoning this in.

I'm looking forward it, if its anything like the Roses return then the atmosphere will be absolutely electric.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I've seen both Liam and Noel recently-ish and they were pretty good. Liams voice is much improved. I've no doubt they won't want to tarnish their reputation by phoning this in.

I reckon there's a strong chance that if they can get on well enough, they'll want to make another album.

I don't buy that Noel is short of money as a motivator, he'll be crazy wealthy. He's doing it because he wants to, and Liam has obviously always wanted to get back together. I wonder if he's got the self awareness to make it an enjoyable experience for Noel.

clarky

Gold Member
I reckon there's a strong chance that if they can get on well enough, they'll want to make another album.

I don't buy that Noel is short of money as a motivator, he'll be crazy wealthy. He's doing it because he wants to, and Liam has obviously always wanted to get back together. I wonder if he's got the self awareness to make it an enjoyable experience for Noel.
Yeah, this isn't about money. Well not like the press are saying anyways. Like you say Noel will be minted and Liam is as popular as he's ever been.

There's definitely an album in the works, maybe.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
There's definitely an album in the works, maybe.
Robin Hood Disney GIF

Top Bottom