• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oasis Reunion possible?

clarky

Gold Member
All joking aside, wheres the press conference? When the Roses got back together at least they pretended to be mates again.

Telling they are asking us to hand over north of £100 with even knowing who's actually reforming.

Edir: Anyone whos thinking of going check your spam, i got got an invite to register for the ballot for the Friday pre sale.

Last edited:

jonnyp

Seen them twice in their prime. Utterly awesome, still remember that shockwave of guitars and distortion hitting me. Good times

Don't like Noel's solo stuff. Liam has some really good solo stuff and some meh. I do hope they make some new music together too though and not just milk arena gigs for a few years.

calistan

Not sure how you missed this? If you liked the Roses, this is the full film and well worth the watch.

Much like The Stone Roses, Oasis was bigger than the sum of its parts. Yes Noel brought the tunes but Liam brought that voice(at the time) and the cool. White on the drums was not too shabby either. Thing is they came across as a gang, if its just the Brothers then I don't think I'll bother.

Should be noted I've seen Liam live a couple of time over the last couple of years and his voice is much recovered. Although not as good as it was obviously.

I didn't know they ever reformed, but that doesn't negate my prescience at the time - I saw the Roses at Reading and they were so staggeringly incompetent that I knew they would never play again. A cash-in reunion decades later doesn't really count for much.

I don't think Oasis will mess it up though. They're way too old for the feuding brothers thing, and Noel has never stopped being a decent musician, even if he's slightly dull without his brother. I saw some other former Oasis member playing guitar with Evan Dando once. That must have been at least 15 years ago, but I presume they're all still around and reasonably capable.

clarky

Gold Member
I didn't know they ever reformed, but that doesn't negate my prescience at the time - I saw the Roses at Reading and they were so staggeringly incompetent that I knew they would never play again. A cash-in reunion decades later doesn't really count for much.

I don't think Oasis will mess it up though. They're way too old for the feuding brothers thing, and Noel has never stopped being a decent musician, even if he's slightly dull without his brother. I saw some other former Oasis member playing guitar with Evan Dando once. That must have been at least 15 years ago, but I presume they're all still around and reasonably capable.
You saw Ian Brown and Mani, like i said hardly the Roses. Ian can sound fucking awful like you said but the Four of them together could be sublime when on form.

Maybe you see it as i cash in but i was at Heaton Park on the Friday and Saturday and it meant a lot to a lot of folks at the time, including me.

The same could be said about this reunion but lots of folk never got to see them back in the day, hopefully its more than just the brothers.

Last edited:

SantaBanana

Neo Member
Had chills watching that tweet. Wish I was in england, they were such a big part of my teenage years. I wore a freaking Kangol hat because of Liam and probably was an ass because of him, too.

Last edited:

Ophiuchus

Banned
I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high. Both Noel and Liam have made it pretty clear they’re not on the best terms.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Northern bands for real men, Southern softies for the rest.
prodigy firestarter GIF

It'll definitely be incredile to see them performing together again. I've always loved Oasis, they are one of my favourite bands.

I can't imagine I'd be able to get tickets though with how fast they will sell out. It's going to be pretty crazy.

clarky

Gold Member
It will never get off the ground. They will argue and call it all off. Just wait............
Nah when mega money is involved, they'll just avoid each other as much as possible. If they have not actually sorted things out.

Hell id remarry my ex for that sort of money and i hate her guts.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Tickets secured for the 11th July. Would have preferred Wembley because the sound is better but i'm gonna roll with it.
Lucky you. I didn’t get an email today, so I’ll be fighting for a ticket tomorrow. Bollocks. It’s all too much for me to take.

Markio128

Gold Member
Think you'll be ok mate. My first choice was Wembley stadium standing but had to settle for Heaton Park
Hope so. My daughter is really keen on seeing them live. Heaton Park is basically up the road from me, so it would be ideal.

clarky

Gold Member
Hope so. My daughter is really keen on seeing them live. Heaton Park is basically up the road from me, so it would be ideal.
Just a nightmare to get home from. We saw the Roses there and got basically stranded for 12 hours.

The old bill thought it would be a good idea to close the 61/62 junction and it fucked us

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
12 hours?! Shit, that must have been rough. At least you got to see the Roses though.
Long story but yeah. On the plus side i saw them at Blackpool and then Shefield on the second coming tour so all good.

I also got stuck at Knebworth after our coach broke down so maybe stay away from me if you do get tickets lol

Markio128

Gold Member
Long story but yeah. On the plus side i saw them at Blackpool and then Shefield on the second coming tour so all good.

I also got stuck at Knebworth after our coach broke down so maybe stay away from me if you do get tickets lol
A true story: I was in a band and we used to practice in a building run by Tony McCarrol after he had left the band. We were sitting in a car waiting for him to open up. He turned up, got out of his car, but before he could open the doors a black BMW screeched into the car park and several rough looking guys jumped out and beat the shit out of him, then drove off.

He still let us practice. Legend.

clarky

Gold Member
A true story: I was in a band and we used to practice in a building run by Tony McCarrol after he had left the band. We were sitting in a car waiting for him to open up. He turned up, got out of his car, but before he could open the doors a black BMW screeched into the car park and several rough looking guys jumped out and beat the shit out of him, then drove off.

He still let us practice. Legend.
I had tickets to Blackpool Opera house the week before (could be the week after)What's the story came out. Me and a pal downed a bottle of vodka and a wrap of wizz beforehand. He swears we never went to that gig.............

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Tickets secured for the 11th July. Would have preferred Wembley because the sound is better but i'm gonna roll with it.

You're gonna roll with it
You're gonna take your time
You gotta say what you say
Don't let anybody get in your way

Jealous man. Glad I got to see them a couple times at least. Once at a theater in Philadelphia for Standing on the Shoulder of Giants and then with the Black Crowes for The Brotherly Love tour in Baltimore and nonironically they got into an argument on stage.

Last edited:

calistan

Thought I'd post this now that the image upload is fixed. I've never been an Oasis fan, I've seen them live before and thought they were poor, but I saw Noel Gallagher at Glastonbury in 2022 and he was extremely good. Mostly Oasis songs, he attracted the biggest crowd of the festival for a non-headliner, and it was a fantastic party atmosphere with over 100,000 people in a field singing along.

Have fun, everyone who's seeing them next year, I'm sure it's going to be amazing.

M6DFpSg.jpeg

jonnyp

Saw them on their reunion tour and Ian actually sounded good for the most part actually, struggled in certain parts sure but overall good. Mani, John and Reni were on top form. Top top musicians.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Saw Stone Roses at the Etihad and it was a great party but yeah, clearly past it vocals wise.

Oasis are going to be electric I think. Liam’s vocals are still class in my view, Beady Eye’s 2 albums are better than anything post What’s The Story and Liam has had a vocals coach for years to stop him fucking his voice up.

This is going to be like stepping through a time warp.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Saw them years ago in Belfast and in between all the pint chucking and singalong crowd it was a piss poor gig, can't imagine anything worse than being surrounded by other middle aged, half cut cunts singing their wee hearts out screaming OOOOOOO SALLLLLLLY CAN WAAAAAAIT.. nah I'll pass, I like to listen to the band not the crowd

I'm in for 11 July too... Bit different to 2009 when I could just jump on the tram to Heaton Park - Uber, plane, hotel, tram now. Hate Heaton Park too, absolute shit for concerts, but as a veteran of both Knebworth and Maine Road, and being at one of the last before they split, I couldn't miss the comeback... Too old for this shit now (me and them lol) but once more unto the breach...

Flintty

Well.... im not envious of you at all😅 not one bit!

I'll regret not seeing them back in the 90's. Same with the prodigy. Missed my chance there now Keith's gone. If this is real and happens, it'll be the last chance to see them realistically

Let's see what 8am brings I guess!
Seeing The Prodigy as a 15 year old in 1996 was one of the most amazing and surreal nights in my life!

Looks like I’ll never get to see Oasis though. Shit out of luck for tickets today.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
what's the chances they'll add more dates?

not that i think i'll have any chance of getting a ticket lol but they could add another 10-20 shows and still sell them all out.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Artists have been urged to take a stand against “extortionate” dynamic pricing for concerts after Oasis tickets were hiked up to more than double their original price.

Fans of the Manchester band expressed their shock and anger after queueing online for hours only to find that the price of the £135 standing tickets had risen to £355.

The MP Lucy Powell, the leader of the House of Commons, said she had paid “more than I was expecting to pay” and that she did not like the so-called dynamic pricing model, whereby ticketing sites can raise prices based on demand.

Powell said she was “not sure how totally transparent” the process was after hundreds of thousands of fans waited for tickets based on the prices released last week.

Fans only discovered at the point of purchase, after hours in an online queue, that only standing tickets described as “in demand” – costing £337.50 plus fees – were available. These offer the same as the basic £135 tickets with no extras despite being more than double the price.

Ticketmaster, which is owned by the US entertainment giant Live Nation, defended its dynamic pricing model – similar to that used by hotels and airlines – and said it did not set any ticket prices.

The firm has argued that the system is designed to discourage ticket touts by setting prices closer to market value. It says the “in demand” fees are agreed in advance with artists and their management.

The Lib Dem culture spokesperson, Jamie Stone MP, said: “It is scandalous to see our country’s biggest cultural moments being turned into obscene cash cows by greedy promoters and ticketing websites.

“The Oasis ticket fiasco must be a watershed moment and lead to an official investigation, either by the watchdog or a parliamentary body.”

-----------

Dynamic pricing for concert tickets should be banned by law. Greedy bastards.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

The UK competition regulator has launched an investigation into the sale of Oasis tickets, including the use of "dynamic pricing".
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is investigating whether ticket-selling platform Ticketmaster breached consumer protection law.
Dynamic pricing meant that, on Ticketmaster, where tickets to the reunion tour were originally sold, prices rose in line with demand.
The investigation will examine whether:
  • Ticketmaster engaged in unfair commercial practices
  • Buyers were given clear information to explain that the tickets could be subject to price rices
  • People were put under pressure to buy tickets within a short period of time

The CMA's probe follows widespread criticism of dynamic pricing over the past week from Oasis fans.
Many said they ended up paying significantly more than they expected for tickets to the band's tour next year - up to £350 per ticket, around £200 more than had been advertised.
The band also hit out at the system, saying: "It needs to be made clear that Oasis leave decisions on ticketing and pricing entirely to their promoters and management."

Top Bottom