• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm getting stomped by some guy named Packbat :( Fucking full-buff knight

Anyway, I've always wondered if they ever use the avatar art for some in-game stuff. A single-player mode perhaps?

I remember them tweeting that they're considering a singleplayer, but it's not on top of their list.

Shaneus

Apologies to all who are waiting for me to take a turn. It's been a busy week at work and the Easter weekend has been less than kind to my schedule. I will endeavour to beast all of you shortly though.

Think of it as a stay of execution ;)

BTW If it might help, there are a few strategies I've picked up on here or there that I'd be happy to share with the rest of you guys, so long as you:
a) Don't think I'm getting all high and mighty by giving you guys tips. Although I have defeated Sotha once...
b) Use the information against me.

In fact, I wouldn't mind some honest-sharing tips and strats here in this thread. Even though most of us are playing against each other, the more strategies we know, the more we can prepare ourselves (collectively) against outsiders.

Or not, whatever. I'd still be happy to offer tips here for the betterment of my fellow GAFfers... even if there's no reciprocation.

Smiley90

Apologies to all who are waiting for me to take a turn. It's been a busy week at work and the Easter weekend has been less than kind to my schedule. I will endeavour to beast all of you shortly though.

Think of it as a stay of execution ;)

BTW If it might help, there are a few strategies I've picked up on here or there that I'd be happy to share with the rest of you guys, so long as you:
a) Don't think I'm getting all high and mighty by giving you guys tips. Although I have defeated Sotha once...
b) Use the information against me.

In fact, I wouldn't mind some honest-sharing tips and strats here in this thread. Even though most of us are playing against each other, the more strategies we know, the more we can prepare ourselves (collectively) against outsiders.

Or not, whatever. I'd still be happy to offer tips here for the betterment of my fellow GAFfers... even if there's no reciprocation.

ahahahahahahhahahaah no. :p

This can't be stressed enough! When a healer is around, stomp, or do not kill. There is no try.

I only noticed it because you did it to me and I was like "Um, hello. That dude is going to take someone out with him now."

Although I probably ultimately lost that match. Or am about to.

Smiley90

I keep getting error messages when I try to create games, anyone else having issues? It tells me "username invalid"... but I typed in the names from the list, like Naka, sothaSil, etc... I even looked at caps/no caps, damn. I also suddenly have been getting errors when trying to login for the past 24h or so... :/

EDIT: Finally worked, but I still get error messages... has the server been wonky for anyone else the past few days?

Sotha Sil

I keep getting error messages when I try to create games, anyone else having issues? It tells me "username invalid"... but I typed in the names from the list, like Naka, sothaSil, etc... I even looked at caps/no caps, damn. I also suddenly have been getting errors when trying to login for the past 24h or so... :/

EDIT: Finally worked, but I still get error messages... has the server been wonky for anyone else the past few days?

Happened to me too!

Jako

It happened to me too when I tried to call for a rematch

So stupid. Whole time the Tribe's come out, I've been looking at the Ham Hocks as Healers and not Scrolls. They just sit there while I get demolished.

So stupid.

Smiley90

I think the Tribe's strongest feature is BY FAR the corpse exploding. Because you can do it from a distance, it easily saves you two moves every time and thereby prevents you from exposing yourself too much. (e.g. moving right to where the enemy is just to get rid of a corpse,but can't back out vs. just explode it from a distance and be safe)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Start some games up with me, especially if you are new (just started playing yesterday). Have all the factions but like to play random. AstroLad

Start some games up with me, especially if you are new (just started playing yesterday). Have all the factions but like to play random. AstroLad

Sending you an invite as soon as I have access to my phone (and don't forget to).

Edit: weird, it's giving me Invalid name errors. Gonna try later.

Smiley90

Sending you an invite as soon as I have access to my phone (and don't forget to).

Edit: weird, it's giving me Invalid name errors. Gonna try later.

Yeah it's been having server problems for a few days for me too :/

Tucah

you speak so well
Started playing this a few days ago but can't get a steady game going :( Name's also Tucah there so play some games with me people!

Smiley90

Indeed. No multi-invites this way - plus the rematch initiator gets the first turn, which gives a slight-to-significant tactical advantage depending on the map.

Oooooh I see, didn't know about that.

CzarTim

Is the general etiquette to resign games you won't win ala Star Craft? That's what I've been doing when it's very obvious there is no hope, but I haven't seen many others do it.

Is the general etiquette to resign games you won't win ala Star Craft? That's what I've been doing when it's very obvious there is no hope, but I haven't seen many others do it.

No way! I certainly don't. I stick it through to the bitter end. You never know what might happen.

Smiley90

I just throw my dudes at him so he can kill them, Harakiri style. FIGHT UNTIL YOU DIE, THERE IS NO SURRENDER.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
No way! I certainly don't. I stick it through to the bitter end. You never know what might happen.

Ah if only there were random rolls within ranges and the occasional fatal or miss. :D

I'm WACK at this game need to actually learn what the different guys do. Fun stuff though almost makes me think of Words with Friends for non-stupid people. (No offense.)

Smiley90

Ah if only there were random rolls within ranges and the occasional fatal or miss. :D

I'm WACK at this game need to actually learn what the different guys do. Fun stuff though almost makes me think of Words with Friends for non-stupid people. (No offense.)

... how?!?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That would be a pain since you can undo your moves before submitting.

yeah it's cool it's fine. dsfdf and all i prefer more randomness in my games but regardless of personal preference what they pulled off here is quite good

Sometimes I have like 2 guys left and the other dude has 7.

Yeah but it's still fun to hit people on the way out. I don't know, I mean yes it's about winning, obviously, but that's (clearly) not the only reason I play it. You might lose a match but in the closing rounds discover a cool technique or see someone try something you might never have thought of. If you turn the game into a Win/Lose Factory then I think you might just stop having fun with it.

Sotha Sil

Yeah but it's still fun to hit people on the way out. I don't know, I mean yes it's about winning, obviously, but that's (clearly) not the only reason I play it. You might lose a match but in the closing rounds discover a cool technique or see someone try something you might never have thought of. If you turn the game into a Win/Lose Factory then I think you might just stop having fun with it.

Pretty much! I quit out of boredom a few times, but I have a lot of respect for the die-hard, no-surrender players. I even took this screenshot to honor a brave, lonesome chieftain:

L2DCR.jpg

"I know that feel, bro."

Shaneus

Same. Although I usually DO know what will happen (
Sotha wins
). Also, apols to all about not actually playing *any* HC over the last few days, really just haven't been in the mood for handheld gaming over the Easter break. I haven't forgotten any of you :)

Card Boy

Banned
Gaf i need some help with this match

qvKWH.png

What do i do? (i'm the Blue Councilmen). I was 'winning' at the start then this guy turned the match around.

Pastry

Banned
I have been playing the Tribe exclusively since they have come out and I think they are one of my favorite teams but by far the weakest. I think the unique direction the team took is excellent but currently does not stack up well to the other teams. The use of the ham (?) as a power up is nice but the decrease in power, despite the increase in number, means that you will usually have to sacrifice a unit to kill a ranged unit with armor. I'm sure they will get some buffs with the next update but I think they are seriously outmatched in council and dwarf matches.

Shaneus

Gaf i need some help with this match

What do i do? (i'm the Blue Councilmen). I was 'winning' at the start then this guy turned the match around.
How many resources does the other guy have?

I'd say, going by that, you need to take out the dark elf wizard guy, then the brute guy. The princesses would be safe (for now) at the top left, so maybe move them up, spawn your archer then try to kill the aforementioned guys.

But seeing as you only have one fighter off the board and the rest you have are pretty much useless, there's not a lot you can do.

I'm afraid sothaSil will end my streak though :'( /brag
Don't see my name up there.

GAH! I got a game with 6 buffs and 1 unit left so I spend the whole turn exchanging, only to end up not getting the 1 guy left behind the door.

BLUGH.

Okay, just made up for it in a different match by using Typhoon to pull four dudes CLOSER to my witch and a corpse and blowing them all up.

SO SWEET.

Top Bottom