• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

Sotha Sil

Team updates:

COUNCIL UPDATES

Cleric heal-on-resurrection reduced from 450 to 400 - The extra 50 HP was often acting as an entire extra sustainable hit for resurrected units. Reducing the bonus to 400 will make the revived council units slightly more vulnerable.

DARK ELVES UPDATES

Phantom resist removed

DWARVES UPDATES

Increased Gunner splash damage from 50% to 66% - The gunner was lacking in ranged situations – he should be able to pack a rather large punch when upgraded with a scroll now.

Paladin gains a stacking 5% boost to power, defense, and resist to all allies in a 3x3 radius - Giving the Paladin an aura will help the dwarf units survive longer and deal a little more damage. The aura also works on crystals. We did this to incentivize players to move Paladins out into the field.

Engineer shield range up to 3 - The engineer will require less AP to maneuver and apply shields, which is a seemingly small but substantial boost.

Debuffs no longer apply if the target has an Engineer shield. This includes the debuffs from the Priestess and the Annihilator - The priestess will no longer be able to weaken units that have a shield on them, which is an inherent boost to the dwarves.

Pulverizer damage increased from 500 to 600 and now permanently removes physical armor - The Pulverizer now deals more damage and removes physical armor (non-helmets) upon hit. This will help them to take out armored units more easily.

BOARD CHANGES

Changed the forward crystals on the Dwarf board from medium to large, and changed the rear crystals from small to medium. This will allow more buffer time for combat before moving towards the rear crystal.

Moved the crystal back on the single crystal Board, as well as adjusting the premium square locations. Games were ending too quickly on this board. These changes should make it much more balanced.

Pretty huge. The Pulverizer is one hell of a beast now.

Kunohara

Stupid network limits. I gotta wait till I get home to download the update. No open wifi's here at work.

I'm gonna add you guys once I get home.

Naka

I like the new animation on the health bars where it shows yellow for a second of how much health is actually lost. It's subtle but makes a big difference.

What other balances changes were there?

I just purchased The Tribe so if anyone wants to start a new game so we can check them out my name is Naka. I think I only have games with Tangerous and Paul going on right now.

I like the new animation on the health bars where it shows yellow for a second of how much health is actually lost. It's subtle but makes a big difference.

What other balances changes were there?

I just purchased The Tribe so if anyone wants to start a new game so we can check them out my name is Naka. I think I only have games with Tangerous and Paul going on right now.

Yeah, I love that. Sending you an invite!

Naka

Their servers must be getting slammed, I'm getting connection errors left and right when I try login or refresh games.

Naka

:D From Twitter: "Tap the 'rewind' button one time to undo one move at a time. Hold it down to undo all 5"

Also from Twitter:
Tip: If you want to use partial undo, you have to turn it on in the Settings menu (the little gear)

Naka

So when you explode a unit with the Witch does it enrage the opposing team? That's what it seems to do at least.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If anyone wants to invite me for a game, feel free, my HA nick is Smiley90 (GC nick is smiley1790)

dorn.

Damn, the tribe is fierce. Really changes up the gameplay. I just won my first two games with them, the chieftain is a beast. I killed 3 units in one round, while perifally dealing 3000 damage on a crystal. Can't wait to play against them with one of the other teams.

Top Bottom