• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
It's like Words W/Friends but I feel terrible after getting thrashed so badly. Anyways,

ericmbee #addname

Hero

That's pretty much why I dislike the Dark Elves so far. The ninja is so damn powerful.

Yeah the super class with the elves isn't that great compared to the ninja but I think every other unit is probably better.

The human mage is pretty crappy damage even considering the splash. Compared to the Void monk it's a joke. Impaler is really awesome too even though Archer has better range/dmg.

Only played two games with dark elves but both games I kind of clog the board with killing their dudes and using the necromancer to get the phantoms. They're not powerful but I find that disrupting board placement/movement is a big deal plus they have to waste actions getting rid of them.

http://youtu.be/nox2dk0_aSA

This also shows off the next class coming out soon. :)

Uh, I don't know but I think those "tips" are pretty bad in that video.

Has anyone actually won a game by destroying the enemy crystals? Every game I've won involves me wiping the opponents' board and just boxing them in with buffed units to the point where they can't do anything with one turn. I think even with the buff damage tile it's a huge waste of time and resources to damage enemy crystals.

Then the guy says he wants units and proceeds to waste his actions returning items to the pool. Why would you not just equip your active guys with the items so you get use out of your turn?

Sotha Sil

Yeah the super class with the elves isn't that great compared to the ninja but I think every other unit is probably better.

The human mage is pretty crappy damage even considering the splash. Compared to the Void monk it's a joke. Impaler is really awesome too even though Archer has better range/dmg.

Only played two games with dark elves but both games I kind of clog the board with killing their dudes and using the necromancer to get the phantoms. They're not powerful but I find that disrupting board placement/movement is a big deal plus they have to waste actions getting rid of them.

Yeah, I'm playing a Dark Elf game right now, and I'm warming up to them. I didn't even know the void monks could hit multiple units; I was too quick to judge. Still, I love strong, reliable units; the Council remains my go-to team.

ultron87

Ooh, the Dark Elf Wraith is fun once you get a few bodies in him.

*smiles at Wrekt* :p

I won my first game by destroying the crystal. It happened because the guy had almost no forward board presence so I could just peck away at his crystal with an archer.

Wrekt

Yeah it's gotten to the point where I can't kill that thing without a scroll, and any damage I do is negated with his lifesteal/priestess. Even with a priestess move and heal, you still have enough damage to kill a unit and absorb it.

Kinda steamrolling it atm.

This game is likely to blow up huge now that Penny Arcade has endorsed it with a comic. Tycho's news post was so glowing that after I downloaded the game I bought the Dark Elves right away without even playing it to see if I liked it.

This game is likely to blow up huge now that Penny Arcade has endorsed it with a comic. Tycho's news post was so glowing that after I downloaded the game I bought the Dark Elves right away without even playing it to see if I liked it.

Good, they deserve the success and attention.

Spruchy

Hey whoever Sothasil is, my hand right now is such ass! No fair you got a reaper and super scroll turn 1 ;[

No excuses though.

Ok these randoms I am playing against are slow as shit. Who wants to play? Invite me. I'm StrikerObi.

This game really needs a vs CPU option.

ultron87

Do you get the same set of stuff each game but in a random order? IE If you use all your reinforcements will you always get X healers, y scrolls, and one super unit in some order?

Also, I need to stop playing till I get home. I need some battery left to listen to podcasts during my commute.

Thread title should be updated to "It's not 'Take All Day to Put in Your Turn Academy'".. Had the game for less than an hour and I already hate these slow as fuck random players.

Thread title should be updated to "It's not 'Take All Day to Put in Your Turn Academy'".. Had the game for less than an hour and I already hate these slow as fuck random players.

Play with Gaffers. I have to block out an hour a night at least.

I haven't played on random match and I got 6 of my FB friends playing too. =)

That said I really only play twice a day.

Yeah I'm doing that now. I hope the game auto forfeits the other player if they take too long.

I go in spurts. Once I pick up my device im fucked though, I can't put it down.

And the solution to "slow as fuck randoms" or slow as fuck anyone, for that matter, is just keep making games. Slow people games may take a long time, but if you have like 10 games open you'll usually have a couple people around making moves. Hell, even at 4am est last night I had 2 guys (probably in europe?) playing along with me.

eznark

Banned

Not sure if one of my games is with you, but I'd be playing a lot faster if I weren't unable to connect for half-hours at a time.

ultron87

My years of DnD experience make me think this game should have opportunity attacks or something.

It'd let you control space and movement a lot more than is currently possible.

That's what I'm doing as well. I can spend all day, non-stop playing this if I let myself.

Ok for those I'm playing with, I'm back at work now so my turns won't be quite as quick. Sorry :(

Most of my office will clear out in about an hour, and it'll be easier for me to play then.

Pastry

Banned
Ok for those I'm playing with, I'm back at work now so my turns won't be quite as quick. Sorry :(

Most of my office will clear out in about an hour, and it'll be easier for me to play then.

Right as I start a game with you.

So since this game has an online ID is the IAP for the elves transferable to other devices? If I play on my iPad will I have access to it also?

Gowans

My god just had a amazing game against Jako.

Down to the last men and pixels of health between it.

Lucky I was able to push his guy away with my Solider and stand on a shield square so he would be one move short to kill me ;)

I'm playing this at about the same pace of Carc, so, make a move in the morning, fit in some moves at lunch, and check moves throughout the evening as I can. I'm outside Washington DC to give an idea of time zone.

Right as I start a game with you.

So since this game has an online ID is the IAP for the elves transferable to other devices? If I play on my iPad will I have access to it also?

I don't think it's universal, so you probably won't be able to "restore purchases" to the iPad version. But maybe I'm wrong?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Seems like you can only have 20 active games at a time. At least that's what it told me

I don't think it's universal, so you probably won't be able to "restore purchases" to the iPad version. But maybe I'm wrong?

Whoops, I mean no universal in the sense that you it only runs in iPhone mode on iPad. There is no HD version I believe, though I can see them making the game universal in the future (I hope)

Seems like you can only have 20 active games at a time. At least that's what it told me

Whoops, I mean no universal in the sense that you it only runs in iPhone mode on iPad. There is no HD version I believe, though I can see them making the game universal in the future (I hope)

Well in that case if you install the iPhone version on your iPad, you should be able to "restore purchases" (or is it "check for purchases"?) to make sure all your IAPs are in the iPad version.

Pastry

Banned
Well in that case if you install the iPhone version on your iPad, you should be able to "restore purchases" (or is it "check for purchases"?) to make sure all your IAPs are in the iPad version.

That is what I figured, I was just hoping someone had tried it before I got the IAP. I'm probably getting it either way so doesn't really matter haha

Top Bottom