• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Guesong

Also, till 9/15, half-off everything (except Sub Account, Stat Reset) in Gold coins price. Will include Early Access (meaning 125 gold coins to unlock Midas/Geo + alt).

Or 300 gold coins for premiums skins. Hmmmmmm.....

I did complain alot about how the gold coins are ridiculously overpriced. Half-off still ain't perfect, but I might cave in and buy a few. (Goddammit.)

You can start calling Midas (the item) Alchemist's Bones now.

Now I wish I didn't blow all my gold coins during the last 1/2 off sale. I have 2k silver to spend.

Meeru

Banned
Guesong said:
Also, till 9/15, half-off everything (except Sub Account, Stat Reset) in Gold coins price. Will include Early Access (meaning 125 gold coins to unlock Midas/Geo + alt).

Or 300 gold coins for premiums skins. Hmmmmmm.....

I did complain alot about how the gold coins are ridiculously overpriced. Half-off still ain't perfect, but I might cave in and buy a few. (Goddammit.)
They want you to waste all your coins so they can release new things for you to farm.

loki_demi

Neo Member
Me and meeru easy win against thorin and azuki? Huehue. We should have hongaf join tourneys! Should be good experience and fun :D

delirium

kagete said:
Delirium could probably do it. Of course, most people in IT value their free-time so much that doing extra coding work on the side might not be their definition of relaxing.
Working on it. It's about 75% finished. It's going to be a web app. We just need a list of match ids, it will pull all the stats of each match id, ranking all the players that played in each game using Elo. It should be finished tomorrow when I have free time.

When its finish, I'll upload it to Google's appengine and everyone can see who where in the ladder and what stats you have.

Right now, best be compiling a list of games you want to count towards it.

NukeDukem

Banned
dommynick said:
am i the only one baffled by this? are dota2 and hon mutually exclusive?

I made you a picture to illustrate the difference(s).

cake.png

Dreavus

dommynick said:
am i the only one baffled by this? are dota2 and hon mutually exclusive?

I actually want the game to come out as soon as possible, that way everyone heralding Dota 2 can stop talking about it.

delirium

Ok, I have a web app up and running. I just need a list (in order of date) of match ids to populate it.

http://hongaf.appspot.com

Feel free to make some suggestions. It's empty right now until we get some match ids into it, but I tested my local copy with some games and it works.

Just start a list of match ids that people want to count towards the ladder.

Example:
1. 234234
2. 234324
3. 323421

etc...

After we get a good number of games in, I'll make a page where you can select players and it will give you a balanced team based on your rating.

I added a few games bzm suggested to show off how it looks.

After we get an official list, I'll delete the data and we can repopulate it.

loki_demi

Neo Member
delirium said:
Ok, I have a web app up and running. I just need a list (in order of date) of match ids to populate it.

Feel free to make some suggestions. It's empty right now until we get some match ids into it, but I tested my local copy with some games and it works.

Example:
1. 234234
2. 234324
3. 323421

etc...

After we get a good number of games in, I'll make a page where you can select players and it will give you a balanced team based on your rating.

Such a great guy you are! Pure awesomeness

kagete

delirium said:

Example:
1. 234234
2. 234324
3. 323421

etc...

AMAZING!

For your app beta, let's add all the recent IH games (minus the midwars of course). Then let's try to keep it updated every night. Seeing Sanjay's stats trend over time will be my drug.

Phandy

Damnit, who put a really shitty game in the processor?
I need to find a game where I did really good and put it in.
:) kekekeke

dommynick

delirium said:

Example:
1. 234234
2. 234324
3. 323421

etc...

cool stuff man! sucks for fellstruck, lowest ihr even though he has the highest average e-peen per minute.

nara

Banned
kagete said:
AMAZING!

For your app beta, let's add all the recent IH games (minus the midwars of course). Then let's try to keep it updated every night. Seeing Sanjay's stats trend over time will be my drug.
IMO, we should say starting today game names as "HONGAF IHL" will be recorded into the database. Some of the previous IHs were less fair/less serious (?) than others. It would be tedious to try to see which previous games would be considered as "ok" by the losing players.

I think having a new OT just for this HONGAF IHL would be great too :)

Delirium amazing job. Thanks for your hard work : )

IceMarker

Squire Felix said:
the PR guide is pretty funny, early denies and extinguishing creeps should stop harass. He is also a devastating ganking hero. Pr moves at a base 320, so the need for frostwolf is up to debate.
The slows are based around keeping enemy heroes together for your ult. Let me tell you Frostfield + Plague Carrier = Devastation!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Well my smurf has a 1.4 KDR and an 80% win rate in 5 games. I've played mid Pharoah every game except one. Either I have gotten better, or the pool of players in the lower brackets has gotten worse (I'm leaning towards the later due to all the F2P people)

TUSR

Banned
Archie said:
Well my smurf has a 1.4 KDR and an 80% win rate in 5 games. I've played mid Pharoah every game except one. Either I have gotten better, or the pool of players in the lower brackets has gotten worse (I'm leaning towards the later due to all the F2P people)
hopefully you got better

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Compared to closed beta, I'm on a whole 'nother level. When I first started HoN I bought recipes first, auto attacked creeps and constantly died. Now I only do the third one!

TUSR

Banned
Archie said:
Compared to closed beta, I'm on a whole 'nother level. When I first started HoN I bought recipes first, auto attacked creeps and constantly died. Now I only do the third one!
at least you dont push lanes out, do you still leave ring of teacher on creeps? thats a deal breaker for me

delirium said:

Example:
1. 234234
2. 234324
3. 323421

etc...

So cool. Thanks bro.

Top Bottom