• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Meeru

Banned
GhostRidah said:
lol he didnt just randomly give me keys, we actually had a very long talk

Just to warn you guys account sharing will get your account banned.

Since I was a "random" guy asking him for keys I happened to get Artanisix a key today :D
Nice he deserves one. But so does Archie he has been participating in the Dota 2 news diligently!

Yeah I wanted to mention bout the steam account ban too but i didn't want to be the white knight.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
GhostRidah said:

Since I was a "random" guy asking him for keys I happened to get Artanisix a key today :D
What I mean is that you're just a random member of NeoGAF who from what I can see messaged IceFrog with the thread of people looking for keys trying to get some for the site.

Ikuu said:
What I mean is that you're just a random member of NeoGAF who from what I can see messaged IceFrog with the thread of people looking for keys trying to get some for the site.
Nope that's not how it went down, go ahead and keep assuming things though.

Sorry for being off topic in the thread, with that I am out of here.

Streaming guide for Sanjay:

Step 1: Download and install Flash Media Encoder

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/

gvvoWh.jpg

Step 2: Download and install DXtory

http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html

F5VwUh.jpg

Step 3: Open DXtory and click the Movie tab, Set frame rate to 60fps. ALWAYS 60FPS. ONLY 60FPS. Uncheck "File Output," Check "DirectShow Output," set the scaling to whatever resolution you feel your CPU can handle while playing.

cenHHh.jpg

Step 4: Make sure Frame Rate is 60 FPS. Triple Check.

cenHHh.jpg

Step 5: Click the Hotkey Tab and set your Start/Stop Movie Capture hotkey to whatever you like.

6fKXVh.jpg

Step 6: Go to Go to twitch.tv/broadcast and log in. Click the Flash Media Encoder Config and download it to somewhere you'll remember. You'll need this later on.

cPV8qh.jpg

Step 7: Open Flash Media Encoder. Click File -> Open Profile. Go to where you saved your twitch.tv profile. This sets up all the server shit.

gZMReh.jpg

Step 8: Set the Flash Media Encoder settings to taste. Make sure the Device under video is Dxtory Video 1, Format can be either H.264 or VP6. H.264 is better quality. Set Framerate to 60fps. 60fps. 60fps. 60fps. Set input size to the resolution you set in Dxtory. Set bit rate to something your bandwidth can handle. If you have 10 Mbps upload speed, don't use all of it, set it to something like half or so. Set your output size to be the same as your input size. Set the audio device to your "Stereo Mix" if available. See Addendum for information about setting up the Stereo Mix.

JtofHh.jpg

Step 8B: Click the Wrench next to "Format: H.264" and change the level to 5.0. This doesn't really affect anything but it does resolve an error that it'll try to give you.

y3lqv.png

Step 9: Start game. Switch back to Flash Media Encoder and click start. Press your "Start/Stop Movie Capture" hotkey that you set up in Dxtory. Enjoy 60fps 4 LYFE.

Addendum: Setting up the Stereo Mix Audio option --

If your Sound Card supports using a stereo mix (which lets you record everything you hear. On some sound cards this will be called "What U Hear." Go to the Control Panel. Click Hardware and Sound, click Manage Audio Devices, click the Recording Tab. Right click the empty space and make sure "Show disabled devices" is checked. Right click and Enable the Stereo Mix/What U Hear device if it's available.

SU0X1.png

Valygar

GhostRidah said:

Nice, I sent him an e-mail about Freakinchair and Artanisix entries (and mine, I'm not going to lie!) but with the ton of e-mails he receives he probably didn't read it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Highlight from IHL last night, streamed by Procarbine, happens to be a Procarbine play.

SHOCKER!

Guesong

Where the hell are my big plays.

1. Clutch Rhapsody Ult on the first day to cancel out Plague's ult

2. Suicide Slither to kill Courier and Freakinchair's Beastheart.

We should do an achievement for 'biggest play' in IHLs. We'd need to gif all candidates though.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Xsplit is easier, and more powerful than FMLE but it's not going to be free for much longer.

When we going to see some big Sanjay Dota plays?

Nome

Insured said:
What the f. And it seems the guy's only motivation for doing that is a desperate hope for a DotA 2 key himself...
Looks like he was trying to eBay a HoN or Dota 2 key and was doing some research based on that screenshot of Meeru's account.

markot

Banned
Cant believe there was a criminal in our midst for so long.

And I cant believe he got however many dota2 keys and I got none >_<

So criminals are good enough for dota2 valve but im not?!

After few games of DotA 2 last night here is my verdict.

Game looks amazing.
Movement and attack animation feels awkward (but not necessarily bad).
Pudge sucks and Magebane is way too strong (apparently there is a public consensus not to pick him).
Mid lane needs to be expanded. The two hills are too close to each other, nearly impossible to box people out.
Tower range is ridiculous long, especially with the current mid lane design.
Tower focus mechanic is messed up. Heroes can easily dive pass the tower without getting hit.
Every second game there will be a leaver =(

Guesong

PuppetYuber said:
After few games of DotA 2 last night here is my verdict.

Game looks amazing.
Movement and attack animation feels awkward (but not necessarily bad).
Pudge sucks and Magebane is way too strong (apparently there is a public consensus not to pick him).
Mid lane needs to be expanded. The two hills are too close to each other, nearly impossible to box people out.
Tower range is ridiculous long, especially with the current mid lane design.
Tower focus mechanic is messed up. Heroes can easily dive pass the tower without getting hit.
Every second game there will be a leaver =(

So the plan was such a bad idea that supposively wouldn't work, you urged people not to go for it and you voted for a dinosaur, yet you used it anyways?

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG puppetyuber. Hope you enjoyed your time with it.

Top Bottom