• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wow, well looks like hero models keep getting better--I've been pretty impressed with Salforis and Gemini lately. Tempted to buy him if Nome says he is like Ra... Can he dominate the mid game 1v3 :D?

Guesong

From my personal limited appreciation of messing around in practice mode, I for one will be picking Salforis alot.

I wouldn't say he can dominate like Ra though, since his abilities do not scale with anything and while he may deal as much damage as Ra, he will do so over a longer period of time than Ra, thus negating alot of the whole "Ra is OP" deal. But of all the heroes released since I've started playing (Mid-July), he's my favorite one so far, barely edging out Monarch.

The way I read Life Tap though, it makes your next attack have bonus damage and lifesteal AND the attack damage (the whole of it, not just the bonus dmg) is done as Superior Magic, so that's great though.

dorkimoe

Can someone make a dota 2 community thread? I was going to, but i dont think im smart enough :(

Dota 2 Thread of Get out of the Hon thread

bzm

pft we had to reel pro's saltforas out of the dumpster
though it was bokr's fault he was in there in the first place ccccya

Swag

HOT
SUMMER
A
HOT
HOT
SUMMER

I may have been in the wrong thread with those last 2 posts, don't ban me whichever mod lurks this thread, there has been far worse.

Marry me Victoria

You guys should be sourly disappointed that you missed my singing in Mumble tonight, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Is this what HonGAF has turned into? A vehicle for drunk-posting?

I still play almost every day, just on my smurf. Trying to get it to level 5 but I win too much and get near 1600, which means I go mid and get dumpstered. So I throw a couple games and then win again.

Best part: Chronos buys a Warhammer first. "I know what I'm doing" he says.

Kapura

Banned
he could have been rushing a fast deso. Not a great idea, and he would need to know what to do with it, but not completely invalid.

Neckbeard

HOT
SUMMER
A
HOT
HOT
SUMMER

I may have been in the wrong thread with those last 2 posts, don't ban me whichever mod lurks this thread, there has been far worse.

Marry me Victoria

You guys should be sourly disappointed that you missed my singing in Mumble tonight, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The music is garbage but damn if they're not nice to look at.

Trasher

My friend was just telling me he met a couple of guys from S2 the other day. My friend lives right outside Kzoo. Wonder if it was Nome...lol. I actually didn't know S2 was based (or partly based) in Michigan. Good to know. /sends resume

Wow, Puppet... You were probably joking, but most people see it as just being an asshole. Wouldn't have hurt to tone it down a little. RIP friend!

Recon

Banned
My friend was just telling me he met a couple of guys from S2 the other day. My friend lives right outside Kzoo. Wonder if it was Nome...lol. I actually didn't know S2 was based (or partly based) in Michigan. Good to know. /sends resume

Wow, Puppet... You were probably joking, but most people see it as just being an asshole. Wouldn't have hurt to tone it down a little. RIP friend!

Yeah, i was surprised to see their offices when i got turned around in Kzoo.

IceMarker

I like Salforis, but agreeing with Nigma and various others from HoN Forums, without Frostburn/Ghost Marchers, it's tough to chase some opponents down, since he has no stun and a very weak, short slow.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I like Salforis, but agreeing with Nigma and various others from HoN Forums, without Frostburn/Ghost Marchers, it's tough to chase some opponents down, since he has no stun and a very weak, short slow.

That's ok though, that's kinda his weakness, right? I think s2 said they are shifting from the all in one hero philosophy, which is great. SS is such a fun hero in my book, but all he does is damage--no stun, no slow, no escape, no tankiness. You gotta make up for weaknesses with skill/items.

Neki

That's ok though, that's kinda his weakness, right? I think s2 said they are shifting from the all in one hero philosophy, which is great. SS is such a fun hero in my book, but all he does is damage--no stun, no slow, no escape, no tankiness. You gotta make up for weaknesses with skill/items.

it's because S2 wants you to design soulstealer however you like. it's like a build your own hero! want tankiness? get a heart. want nuking power? get spellshards. want initiation? get a port key. he only does everything!

Guesong

it's because S2 wants you to design soulstealer however you like. it's like a build your own hero! want tankiness? get a heart. want nuking power? get spellshards. want initiation? get a port key. he only does everything!

like taskmaster amirite

we should play some umvc3 sometimes!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
it's because icefrog wants you to design soulstealer however you like. it's like a build your own hero! want tankiness? get a heart. want nuking power? get spellshards. want initiation? get a port key. he only does everything!

fixed.

But seriously, items should fill in weaknesses; if you have a hero that has no weaknesses then they are not item dependent at all (which is what makes a couple heroes in the pool so annoying to deal with).

Neki

fixed.

But seriously, items should fill in weaknesses; if you have a hero that has no weaknesses then they are not item dependent at all (which is what makes a couple heroes in the pool so annoying to deal with).

yo zephyr and silhouette's weakness is they need farm

amirite

Guesong

Man, when is HoN 3.0 coming out? I need something to reexcite the HoNer in me.

Ask, and you shall (probably) receive!

actually it's probably the HoNTV thing but hey news is news!

Idedjer said:
Sorry for the late warning, but we are shutting down half the servers and patching tonight at ~2 AM EST.

You will have trouble finding servers and the MM queue will be longer than normal between the hours of 1-3 AM.

We are making a new chatserver build for this patch, so after about 2 AM you will have to log out and patch the client before you can reconnect to it.

For those of you who have metered internet, the patch is decently large. Just as a warning.

Incoming version 2.3.0... "The DreamHack Patch"...

IceMarker

Ugh, this patch is meh... HoN TV layout wise has way too much unnecessary space for a window and takes up unnecessary space in general, and the fact that the "cliffs" on the main menu don't recede when you log-in is weird...

Madouu

After playing quite a bit of dota 2 lately, I logged into HoN tonight and got some games going with a few friends and I've got to say that the two games are quite different right now. I really appreciate the faster more action packed metagame in HoN, when dota 2 feels extremely slow sometimes.

I hope HoN manages to keep some of its playerbase. Even with all the shit s2 gets daily, I must admit that they did quite a great job when you compare it with valve's product (although far from final). Here's hoping for both games to succeed!

kagete

HONTV is pretty lame. It's really just a browser window with limited utility. You still get ads, can't resize, no multi-monitor support, have very little to watch aside from a few existing streams, and don't get any indication that a major stream is even live or offline. You know what's a better implementation? Using the steam overlay instead.

Top Bottom