• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Dreavus

Bleh, I'm on a HUGE losing streak on (mostly) solo MM. The first time I get to try the Emerald Warden I'm against a fucking Devourer mid. Not even a particularly talented one, but one hook means death on this hero. No stun and no escape makes Dreavus really sad when he gets grabbed.

I should join the GAF guild.

Meeru

Banned
Dreavus said:
Bleh, I'm on a HUGE losing streak on (mostly) solo MM. The first time I get to try the Emerald Warden I'm against a fucking Devourer mid. Not even a particularly talented one, but one hook means death on this hero. No stun and no escape makes Dreavus really sad when he gets grabbed.

I should join the GAF guild.
You should. Meeru enjoys helping raise mmr for other players!

IceMarker

I should be on tomorrow night guys, haven't been on lately because my sister bugged me to beat Dead Space 2 in 10~ Hours... and Terraria, 'nuff said.

kagete

Paypal worked for me!

Oh and more people should definitely join the GAF guild and play IH. This means more games for me to spectate while I eat dinner!

Moobabe

kagete said:
Paypal worked for me!

Oh and more people should definitely join the GAF guild and play IH. This means more games for me to spectate while I eat dinner!

Still no luck for me - "We are unable to process your PayPal payment at this time. Please use a different payment method or try again in a few minutes." I want free things!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm reinstalling. I wonder how much worse I am considering I haven't played in nearly two months
and I've been playing LoL during that time :troll

kagete

Moobabe said:
Still no luck for me - "We are unable to process your PayPal payment at this time. Please use a different payment method or try again in a few minutes." I want free things!

Hmm I was using a confirmed payment method and it worked for me. You don't have a debit card to use?

Oh so Powerslave is reinstalling? I guess I don't have to buy so much wards each game now :3

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, decided to reinstall just for kicks. I had accumulated 600 gold coins and 2200 silver coins over the past couple months just signing up for whatever promos they had going, without touching the game. Glad there's a half off sale on the in-game store right now, nagged quite a few skins.

Any way to set your 'default' skin?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Well I bought like 8 alt avatars, a custom account icon (\m/ Eddie the Head \m/) and the taunt (although I'll never get to use it QQ). Sony ain't got nothin' on S2 for their 'Welcome Back' program.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I feel better about my leprechaun blacksmith purchase now.

From [S2]Fielding on the forums:
Apologies for not being more transparent, but this has all happened pretty quick so we haven't had much time to respond. There was some miscommunication internally that lead to a poor choice of words publicly - Leprechaun Blacksmith is NOT unlocked permanently for IGN prime subscribers, they simply have temporary access to him for 30 days. After which, he goes away from those accounts.

kagete

Anbokr said:

Aww I guess we better have that 5v5 all lucksmith mid wars game before the 30 days are up then.

200 free gold and silver coins are still not bad for 5 minutes of dicking around with the IGN prime sub.

Goon Boon

Banned
Anbokr said:

Either S2 is incapable of thinking out a proper promotion or they lied about their intentions, their choice.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Goon Boon said:
Either S2 is incapable of thinking out a proper promotion or they lied about their intentions, their choice.
The idea of a 30 day trial for a skin is pretty ludicrous.

Sanjay

Ikuu said:
So now a whole load of people have signed up for IGN due to S2s mistake.

Yeah S2 "hustled" the ppl who signed up on the promo now.
honscam.png

Meteorain said:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ all of those mocking those who bought Leprechaun using coins.

Feels good man.

Yeah trolled by S2 again.

IceMarker

I have a horribl
y normal
sleep schedule right now. I'm falling asleep around 9pm every night and waking up at 4-7am! I haven't played a single game of HoN in 3 days, I'm going insane!

Dreavus

Goon Boon said:
They replaced the lucksmith promotion with a creepy genderswap emerald warden with no voice replacement yet, so im ok with this.

Good move on their part... they should have done something like that to begin with instead of bringing lucksmith back from the grave. Ah well, good save as far as I'm concerned.

delirium

Version 2.0.39
-------------
- Added new chat color, Royal Tanzanite
- Added new Alt Courier, Robot Courier
- Stat Resets and Sub Accounts can be bought in the Store with Gold Coins

- Fix to effects with 0 lifetime
- Fix for custom account icons being treated as modded files
- Fixed front queue tools not front queueing when double activating
- Fixed a buffer overflow when attempting to execute a very long console command
- Russian Stringtables updated

- Channel code change
* Item swaps between backpack slots no longer breaks channel
* Moving items to Stash interrupts properly
* Homecoming Stone tweaked slightly, now consumes the stone at the start of the channel

== Items ==

- Added new item: Sol's Bulwark
* Components
* Ringmail (550)
* Ringmail (550)
* Sol's Bulwark Recipe (700)
* Total Cost: 1700
* Passive Effects
* +5 Armor
* Can be toggled between a +5 Armor Aura for Allies or a -5 Armor Aura for Enemies. 10 second cooldown

- Daemonic Breastplate
* Reworked Components
* Ringmail (550)
* Sol's Bulwark (1700)
* Warpcleft (2100)
* Daemonic Breastplate Recipe (1100)
* Total Cost: 5550

- Dust of Revelation
* Visual effect now plays if Empath uses it while inside someone.

== Heroes ==

- New hero: Revenant

Aluna
- Attack cooldown from 1450 to 1700

Dampeer
- Terrorize now applies a 50% movespeed slow to feared targets
- Consume cooldown lowered from 50/40/30s to 30s flat
* Killing a hero now gives 3 essences at all levels

Flux
- Fixed his Magnetic Surge push so that it applies the same state as the pull

Empath
- Essence Link cast range from 500 to 550 and break range from 750 to 800
- Essence Link casttime from 500 to 400 and castactiontime from 250 to 150
- Synergy numerical regen from .75/1.5/2.25/3 to 1/2/3/4
- As One cooldown from 100 to 100/80/60 seconds

Forsaken Archer
- Improved Split Fire so that you won't lose its setting when you die
- Piercing Arrows cooldown from 120 to 100/80/60 seconds

Parasite
- Fixed him from following his last-issued command after you Infest

Pyromancer
- Fixed the DoT from Fervor applying the proper level

Slither
- Fixed his projectile from Poison Spray hitting units directly behind him if they are too close

Amun-Ra
- Ashes to Ashes regeneration lowered from 2/4/6/8 to 1/2/3/4

Meeru

Banned
kaghetti how do you do it? Where do you get the confidence to play all nighters? You told me about your gf and her views of hon!!

kagete

Meeru said:
kaghetti how do you do it? Where do you get the confidence to play all nighters? You told me about your gf and her views of hon!!

Different situation man, she's halfway around the world dealing with some family issues. We're not living in the same house like you and your wife are. That said, she's not a fan of me playing at all. When she's in town I have ZERO time for games.

Besides, I don't really have the stamina for all-nighters anymore, since I have to get up so early the next day for work. I'm making an exception for tonight though

Guesong

Hello, HoN-gaf!

One of my friend is pushing heavily for me to join him in HoN. However, I wanted to inquire since I do not know the length of all the changes they made since beta ; is the game more accessible now with the new 2.0 patch? Is the community as hostile to newcomers?

Also, what can you buy with coins? I'm at the account-checkout screen now, and they're offering 3000 coins for 20 bucks or so, so let's say I want the Jon St.Jon announcer pack, how much does that cost? How much does anything cost? Is it even worth it?

Thanks for the guidance! :)

EDIT : Also, is there any current promo-code?

delirium

Anyone think Sol's Bulwark seems too cheap for the effects?

Guesong said:
Hello, HoN-gaf!

One of my friend is pushing heavily for me to join him in HoN. However, I wanted to inquire since I do not know the length of all the changes they made since beta ; is the game more accessible now with the new 2.0 patch? Is the community as hostile to newcomers?

Also, what can you buy with coins? I'm at the account-checkout screen now, and they're offering 3000 coins for 20 bucks or so, so let's say I want the Jon St.Jon announcer pack, how much does that cost? How much does anything cost? Is it even worth it?

Thanks for the guidance! :)
1. 2.0 and (2.5 if you want to call it that) has made the game a lot more accessible. The shop has been completely revamped and there's a built in guide system telling new players how to play heroes (guides are custom created by players and can be voted on how good/poor a guide is). 2.0 also introduced functional MM (that basically everyone uses).
2. Community (pubs) are still as shitty as ever, but I really don't run into them anymore since I always play with GAF. There have been several community movements to help new users (but you should just play with us GAFfers, we're nice enough!)
3. As for coins, you can purchase cosmetics (skins, new announcers, etc). Gold coins must be bought while silver coins can be earned by playing MM.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Can we view the store hero guides in the compendium? Tried hovering around some of the buttons and didn't see an option.

Kaper

Bulwark seems incredibly cost efficient, and the two auras can be had on one hero. Reminds me of Nome's Wisdom pre nerfs.

kagete

I can see myself getting the bulwark on Arma, Rampage, Pred, Kraken. It could work as a second item on Lego, Glad, maybe Flux. Honestly, If I was playing a support hero and got to farm it early, I would quick-kill Kong with the aura and my team.

Top Bottom