• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Is there a way to set HoN to output sound to the Default Sound Device, can only set it specifically now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just curious HoNGAF, why are some of us awake at 5:40AM? (Assuming people posting now are even EST.)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
No, the Blacksmith avatar was just a trial avatar :lol You get the Emerald Warden to keep.

I think someone has to invite me into the NeoGAF clan. Would be nice to get some advice from you guys while I play/get to know the game better.

I won my first game last night as Devourer. I didn't do well, but I did sufficient. I think I went 2-4-6, it was just a public game that said "noobs" or something along those lines. Is that how I should be playing as of now? No matchmaking or anything?

Edit: My IGN is thestopsign as well.

Meeru

Banned
thestopsign said:
I think someone has to invite me into the NeoGAF clan. Would be nice to get some advice from you guys while I play/get to know the game better.

I won my first game last night as Devourer. I didn't do well, but I did sufficient. I think I went 2-4-6, it was just a public game that said "noobs" or something along those lines. Is that how I should be playing as of now? No matchmaking or anything?

Edit: My IGN is thestopsign as well.
get online, and /join clan neogaf i can invite you

IceMarker

Conceptor said:
With every solo TMM game my ban list just grows larger, :lol. At this rate I won't find a match QQ
Banlist does nothing except remind you in-game if someone is joining the same game as you that they are in fact on your banlist. Only really effective if you're hosting a public game/friend is hosting a public game where you can kick the guy.

Meeru

Banned
'Idejder 3 points 27 minutes ago
2 Neutrals, Courier, an item or two, 9 heroes got balance tweaks.
Oh and 35 bugfixes.'

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why do they keep messing with the neutral creeps? Oh and energizer really needs a price reduction, I want to see that thing used more! I think I saw one person pick it up the first day it came out and no one has since.

I wonder what the balance tweaks are? I'm feeling emerald warden (also a nerf for the more casual crowd, haven't seen him used in competitive yet) and predator (don't think he needs it, but lots of 1500s complain about him) nerf. They are both pubstomp heroes. Possibly a revenant ability rework or buff. And I think they will mess around with balphagore, engineer, and martyr? Maybe dark lady, I hate that hero so much--I feel she's way too farm dependant but so many other carries farm much much better than her and are more useful in the mid game (I think she has the lowest win % in the game now after the dampeer buff).

Tomat

Anyone know when the show match is that's going to show off the new heroes and stuff?

Tomat

Show match has already been played, they didn't bother streaming it. They're going to upload it to their YouTube channel later.

Announcer is probably British.

Tomat

God damn YouTube sucks right now. Isn't loading at all.

Everything else is working fine for me though.

delirium

af5n8.jpg

I don't know if this is real or fake but its floating around.

Phandy

Well guys, GG. See you guys in DOTA2.

/joke

From what it seems, this is going to affect current players much at all.
They have an option for 'verified' only games, which means they are the same as always.

Bento

No surprise really considering the success of LoL. Hopefully this could lead to shorter queue times for MM. Also no reason to worry about the community going down the toilet with the flood of free to play gamers considering that the community has always been and always will be shit. So overall I would call this a good move.

kagete

Wes said:
- Randoming in All Pick no longer gives bonus Gold.

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT $2! FUCKUCKGFOISDVJLKSDVSDGLKSHDVKJSDVNHSDNHDKG

This is the ultimate injustice and troll and absolutely destroys the only way I've been playing DOTA and HON for the past 5 years. F that shit! Where's the incentive to try out new heroes? You may as well tell people to always pick PR, Myrm, Magmus, etc instead of being forced to man up and try other hero combinations. Every team is just going to pick the best heroes they can play, for each AP game, every time.

NOME! Where are you??? Could you at least give some justification for this move? Is this because of the smaller hero pool for new accounts?

Top Bottom