• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Loving the game, despite my record-setting failures. I have one question... is there any way to tone down the magnetic controls? The magnetism your hero has when near creeps is just way too strong, imo. LoL does that perfect... still has the magnetism but you feel much more in control of your champ because it's not nearly as strong. This is hugely affecting my creep kills and just general play.

Heavy said:
Loving the game, despite my record-setting failures. I have one question... is there any way to tone down the magnetic controls? The magnetism your hero has when near creeps is just way too strong, imo. LoL does that perfect... still has the magnetism but you feel much more in control of your champ because it's not nearly as strong. This is hugely affecting my creep kills and just general play.

By magnetism do you mean agroing enemy creeps?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, unlike LoL creeps, HoN creeps will attack you the moment you make an attack command on an enemy hero, regardless of whether your shot lands or not.

No guys I mean how they aggro me not I aggro them... as in my hero constantly goes toward them and I have to keep pulling him back. It really affects my last hits because I have to keep clicking over and over just for him to stay. I don't wanna use the hold (H) command... shouldn't have to. This magnetism is too strong... the range is too big or something, I dunno. Anyone who has played LoL should know what I mean

Heavy said:
No guys I mean how they aggro me not I aggro them... as in my hero constantly goes toward them and I have to keep pulling him back. It really affects my last hits because I have to keep clicking over and over just for him to stay. I don't wanna use the hold (H) command... shouldn't have to. This magnetism is too strong... the range is too big or something, I dunno. Anyone who has played LoL should know what I mean

Oh, I get it.

I just click around in circles waiting for a last hit, although I think hold is probably more effective.

If you have low APM I can see it being a problem though.

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Oh, I get it.

I just click around in circles waiting for a last hit, although I think hold is probably more effective.

If you have low APM I can see it being a problem though.
Yeah, I have very low APM.. lol. So you see my issue. I wish there was a mod to adjust this but it's probably too gameplay-oriented for a mod.

bzm

Heavy said:
Yeah, I have very low APM.. lol. So you see my issue. I wish there was a mod to adjust this but it's probably too gameplay-oriented for a mod.
By default "S" is stop command (can be spammed to stand in one spot) and "H" is hold position (finish your current action then stop moving/attacking). You can also bind the function stop and then hold command (stop current action then hold) if you want to.
Edit: Just read that you dont wanna use hold position, and you dont wanna pace in circles. Just uh... stand farther away? I don't see why hold position is a problem here

Sanjay

Halycon said:
Yeah, unlike LoL creeps, HoN creeps will attack you the moment you make an attack command on an enemy hero, regardless of whether your shot lands or not.

Except for casting skills. Why Arachna is so good at harassing.

dommynick

Heavy said:

if you go to the key bindings in hon, there is a unassigned command called "order cancel and hold". if you assign this to a key and press it once, your hero will stop any current action and will not react to anything until you release your hero by doing something else like right clicking or casting.

I would be down to play in a tournament or something. I was actually thinking that it would be kind of neat of some of us (whoever is interested, obviously) would compete in a few just for fun and so on.

Meeru

Banned
FromTheFuture said:
I would be down to play in a tournament or something. I was actually thinking that it would be kind of neat of some of us (whoever is interested, obviously) would compete in a few just for fun and so on.
do you have a ign prime account? you also need to make a beyond gaming account. I made the neogaf clan already just trying to invite gaffers in.

http://www.beyondgaming.com/page/ignhon

http://www.beyondgaming.com/team/329

NukeDukem

Banned
hey HONGAF, can someone make a shirt design for us?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438373

shirtmockup.jpg

nara

Banned
Meeru said:
Looking for 4 ign prime members who want to compete in the ign tournament. Must be less than 1800 mmr/psr. pm me

you're kidding me. i can't imagine the rage from the 4 other members when u have to wifequit

Neckbeard

azuki said:
you're kidding me. i can't imagine the rage from the 4 other members when u have to wifequit
azuki said:
azuki said:
azuki said:

Brotherly love

Edit: signed up and joined the team.

delirium

Neckbeard said:
Monkey King: I see some serious failures ahead.
I think he's going to be one of those skilled base heroes. I can already see the calls of OP for the first few weeks. Good MK players will dominate the game. Bad MK players will be worthless.

Meeru

Banned
Procarbine said:
"Meeru, if I invite you to this tmm, you have to promise not to leave"

"I promise"

31 minutes in: Meeru leaves.

Never again.
Tomorrow my wife will be gone from 2-6pm. I will study be able to play those hours with no interruptions.. We can ihl, and tmm. Sorry for the leave I realize that I just can't play when my wife is present.. But I want to play.. It's like I'm on withdrawal

Meeru said:
Tomorrow my wife will be gone from 2-6pm. I will study be able to play those hours with no interruptions.. We can ihl, and tmm. Sorry for the leave I realize that I just can't play when my wife is present.. But I want to play.. It's like I'm on withdrawal

kjzWW.png

delirium

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Why are the graphics near the start of that Monkey King video so much better than the in-game ones?

~25sec+

I think it might just be the FPS actually.
There are some settings you can turn on in the consoles you give you better graphics. They're off by default and the only way to turn them on is through the console.

kagete

I just had my worst night of HON in weeks. Around 6 games of at least 30-40 minutes each of nonstop stress. But i'm fine. I got to talk with family for a good bit and showed them my thinning patch of hair and got reminded about the happier things in life. It's all good, I'll do better tomorrow.

Trasher

Meeru said:
Maybe she doesn't like your avatar, and that's why she won't let you play?

Meeru

Banned
kagete said:
I just had my worst night of HON in weeks. Around 6 games of at least 30-40 minutes each of nonstop stress. But i'm fine. I got to talk with family for a good bit and showed them my thinning patch of hair and got reminded about the happier things in life. It's all good, I'll do better tomorrow.
Care to elaborate? who you played with, and what caused the stress factor, and etc

kagete

I had a friend AFK randomly for minutes at a time. Wouldn't share control or tell us. One time he was 20 minutes afk. I played 4 games with him :|.

Another game, another friend's mom had some health issues so that's fine either way. I know there are always circumstances like these where the real world just matters more than a videogame but damn if it sucks that it happens in a tryhard game.

Last game I got an IM and some calls too that my mom got mugged at gunpoint, wasn't really able to concentrate. It's a good reminder too that I really shouldn't get too invested in any game I play, so in hindsight I felt better about having friends go afk and throwing the games.

Top Bottom